Pictures of all 2015 sets have already been posted. I agree the orange parts are useful, the black tread links as well.

Edited by jantjeuh

I meant to say I found a picture from another angle,I know they have all been posted.

I agree the orange parts are useful, the black chain links as well.

I still have about 100 in a bag I bought two years ago for a dozer project. :sceptic:

Looks like exactly the same picture to me as has been posted before, only mirrored in the vertical axis.

Black ones are quite rare I think, DBG ones are very common.

To be honest I think the over all score of that set is quite poor like many other people have said.

It seams more of a large parts pack rather than a set to display.

Well, i do not know what to say about this set yet, it looks nice, it has a nice combination of colors but ... something is holding me back to like it 100%. The black treads are nice, maybe i can put them to my 8043 ...

I was under the impression that Technic fans did not judge sets based on looks alone, i gotta say im a little disappointed in you guys, maybe wait until they come out, huh?

I was under the impression that Technic fans did not judge sets based on looks alone, i gotta say im a little disappointed in you guys, maybe wait until they come out, huh?

Eh? :facepalm:

Of course we are going to judge the sets by the pictures,remember that the Lego group is a business too.they want our money.

Huh? We only have the pictures right now, ofcourse we're going to judge the looks. An ugly set might still have awesome functionality, but it's still ugly, which is worth pointing out.

Edited by jantjeuh

Black treads, big ball joint, orange panels, soft axles, soft shock absorbs, short links, seems to be a great set for me.

BTW, I did not have a 42005, was about buying one for more crawlers, but this one eliminates my need for it,

cuz I already bought a 42029, and am planing to buy the 42037 when it comes out, and I don't want more 81mm wheels lol!

Huh? We only have the pictures right now, ofcourse we're going to judge the looks. An ugly set might still have awesome functionality, but it's still ugly, which is worth pointing out.

I suppose your right, it just seemed you were all Judging books by their covers(one of my hates) i apologize, i might have been a little harsh.

Honestly though i actually like the looks of it, and 42039, so i guess i just got a bit offended.

Edited by Corvette3

But I'm not seeing any hints of steering.

- Look at the positition in between the both front caterpillars: an axle 5 with stop

- Look at the roof: there is a little black ball joint on a stick

The movement is beeing transfered through a universal joint within the big ball joint underneath.

I hope you're right. Absence of steering would be a bit lame. Usually they'd use a small black gear or something like that instead of a ball joint on top for steering, offers more grip.

I hope you're right. Absence of steering would be a bit lame. Usually they'd use a small black gear or something like that instead of a ball joint on top for steering, offers more grip.

lego-42038-technic-1_zpsbc50b969.jpg This gear?

Yeah, like that one, but I think that one is for slewing the crane?

I see what you mean, i guess this is why they called the topic speculation about 2015 models.

Yup, that's a mirrored image. The text is the giveaway.

Nice to see full suspension. But I'm not seeing any hints of steering.

They could also make suspension geometry in such way that tilting the model would make it steer.

They could also make suspension geometry in such way that tilting the model would make it steer.

I like that concept

I'm not convinced it has HoG steering with the smooth knob on top of the cabin.

There will obviously be more friction than regular steering, so why use a smooth knob?!

I'm not convinced it has HoG steering with the smooth knob on top of the cabin.

There will obviously be more friction than regular steering, so why use a smooth knob?!

As Corvette3 pointed out, I think it's the black 12T bevel gear about halfway back on the model.

As Corvette3 pointed out, I think it's the black 12T bevel gear about halfway back on the model.

That most likely to operate the crane, like Jantjeuh said.

Jim, won't it be better to move all this things to a new "42038 (if I remember the name correctly) opinion topic"

Edited by PROlego