I don

Is that the part you're talking about - I have those from 8460-1 Mobile Crane - the new part seems to be smooth though.

I dont think that is it....it does look like a 1L connector, a 1L version of 62462...or moreso the older version of this 2L connector 75535:http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=75535 ....it looks like a tan 3749 pin is inside it. A 1L beam would certainly have its uses...especially filling gaps.

Edited by Richard Dower

Those panels do look cool. You got plans for them? :wink:

I don't know :laugh: might figure out something.

These are nice, but I don't see anything must-have here. I like the unique concept with 42038 and its color scheme, even though it's light on functionality. It would be interesting to see how its steering (if any) works though. In general, it's good to see that they are using colors other than yellow and red more often.

It would be interesting to see how its steering (if any) works though. In general,

I think it will work similar to set 42005.

It would be interesting to see how its steering (if any) works though.

The more I look at the thing the more I doubt it has any steering at all. I have found no steering links yet, and more importantly, the main picture shows the tracks in a straight position, and I figure they wouldn't do that if the model would feature steering.

The more I look at the thing the more I doubt it has any steering at all. I have found no steering links yet, and more importantly, the main picture shows the tracks in a straight position, and I figure they wouldn't do that if the model would feature steering.

Im afraid you're right, it indeed seems to not have any steering. From this angle we can see more details http://www.ibrickcity.com/wp-content/gallery/technic-2015/lego-42038-technic-1.jpg

guys relax, there is steering in the 42038.

the black axle connector can be seen coming out of the C frame ending with a 5L axle with stop, im assuming since the grey liftarm is 13L then there should be a 13L rack, im working on an LDD file of the wheel assembly

will post later.

Edited by shimon

guys, do you know when these sets will be on the shelf? more or less...

Probably around Jan/Feb 2015 depending on your country.

Hi.

reverse engineered 42038 front chassis:

the question is real, the red part is a big problem since im afriad its not a bush which means theres a connector which will block the rack movement

i created a possible variation of the chassis to be steerable but then at the suspension angle the steering would work a bit wierd. someone need to try it with real bricks...

the missing part on the 4L axle could be either the new 1L beam or the 1L with pin connector.

42038_Steering.lxf

Edited by shimon

Hi.

reverse engineered 42038 front chassis:

the question is real, the red part is a big problem since im afriad its not a bush which means theres a connector which will block the rack movement

i created a possible variation of the chassis to be steerable but then at the suspension angle the steering would work a bit wierd. someone need to try it with real bricks...

the missing part on the 4L axle could be either the new 1L beam or the 1L with pin connector.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know you are sharing it with all of us, but it's fair to say (as I've already said) that I really don't like (actually I don't see the point) of reverse engineer an offcial model before it comes on the shelf! :tongue:

So I'll keep the pleasure for when that day will come... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Shimon, you can create a separate topic,

I'm surprised nobody has discussed b models of the sets, so here are my ideas:

42031: The smaller sets are always the hardest to come up with b models for, due to limited parts. It will almost assuredly have 4 wheels. I'm thinking a reach stacker, or some similar type of forklift, with a movable arm, and no other functions.

42032: Since the A model is tracked, the B model will presemably be to. I'm thinking a bulldozer, or a tracked paver.

42033 & 42034: As per usual, the two pullback sets have a combo model instead of individual B models. However, ther is no obvious combo model that hasn't been done, and the tires of both models are not suited to any on road vehicle. Personally, I think the combo model will be a powerboat, with hidden wheels, and the canopy from 42033.

42035: This model is difficult as well, due to the fact that the panels on the dumper bed are so large. We cold maybe get a wheel loader, or a wheeled bulldozer out of this.

42036: I can not recall a motercycle set of recent memory that does not also have a motorcycle b model, so this one will probably be the same way.

Edited by Saberwing40k

My b-model bets;

31: some kinda forklift

32: some kinda tracked crane

33&34: EDIT - just saw that there was no "2 in 1" on the box, so i have no idea

35: 1 cylinder chain driven go-kart

36: just another motorcycle

37: just another off-roader

38: first when i saw the preliminary pic which had 2 actuators i was thinking bulldozer or excavator, but now with only one i dont have a clue... the best bet is another terrain vehicle, with a winch.

39: another racer, probably a racing truck or f1 car

Edited by GoldVillage

I too am a bit disappointed at how the Endurance Racer 42039 turned out, as opposed to the preliminary picture. I can see how they might have to make some aestethic compromises for the model to be playable (without being broken) by children, but several positive aspects of the prelim model seem like they could have been adopted into the final model for a better result. I particularly don't like the new splitter and front lights that much on the new model. Also, just by using white flex axles on the cockpit, it would have been better defined and also looked a lot better I think.

The Motorcycle 42036 is pretty much as expected; it looks like earlier Technic motorcycles more or less. Odd colour choice though.. It definitely looks a lot better with the stickers applied! :classic:

The Snow Tracker 42038 looks pretty awesome, and is something completely new! Hats off for the Technic Team for getting this model through, can't wait to see what it's like.

Also, it's great they have used such a wide range of colours across the models! :thumbup::grin:

Edited by D3K

Wow, this topic's gone quiet all of a sudden. :sceptic:

Stop shouting! You'll wake people up :laugh: I guess the next thing that would put a spark in this debate would be B model photos...

Stop shouting! You'll wake people up :laugh: I guess the next thing that would put a spark in this debate would be B model photos...

or maybe the features of 42039.

I think i'll get the mining Truck, so cool!

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything out of NYCC. Also, might we get info out of Legoworld 2014, or does lego not really display stuff there?