Well, seeing the box I am a little disappointed in the set, mainly because of the cab. But, because it is such a unique/blue set I will get it for sure.

Can that 43042 B model (mercedes trailer) carry 8043 (rc excavator)?

Lego has finally made 6x6 yellow dishes! Woohoo! These should look good inside black or yellow rims. I've been wishing for these a long time.

Lego has finally made 6x6 yellow dishes!

Which set?

If they do, i hope they re-release something cooler like the 8109 or 9396, or how about a flagship re-release like 8275!.

If they did an 8455 re-release, man that would be so nice. (of course if you hate pneumatics, then it might be your worst nightmare :devil: )

Is it possible that LEGO will re-release another set like the 42041 Race Truck?

There is no way for anybody to answer that. A decade ago, re-releases were very common. In some years, the majority of the product line-up was re-release, but this has not been the case for a long time. Why they chose to re-release this one I cannot say, but I think we can be confident that they are not going to re-release anything that uses out of production parts, and they are not going to re-release anything that overlaps their current line-up.

There is no way for anybody to answer that. A decade ago, re-releases were very common. In some years, the majority of the product line-up was re-release, but this has not been the case for a long time. Why they chose to re-release this one I cannot say, but I think we can be confident that they are not going to re-release anything that uses out of production parts, and they are not going to re-release anything that overlaps their current line-up.

That makes sense. The interesting thing about the 42041 I bought is that on the May the 4th I saw it go on sale at LEGO shop and I got one for a discounted price good enough price that it basically knocked down the price of the servo motor to like $10. Now the set is back to its normal price value. I like the fact that they re-release this set.

When it comes to out of production parts I can understand the need to stay with the current line-up, but when it comes obsolete parts like certain panels, suspensions, gears, and along with other miscellaneous parts. Those are the parts that usually are improved upon with every new release. For the 42041 I can see that they had the idea to improve the little things around the Tire Rims and Engine Blocks but when it comes to the building aspect nothing was truly improved upon.

set that is worthy of begin fix or better reinforced and here with the re-release would have been a good opportunity to answer those problems. Edited by Boxerlego

That makes sense. The interesting thing about the 42041 I bought is that on the May the 4th I saw it go on sale at LEGO shop and I got one for a discounted price good enough price that it basically knocked down the price of the servo motor to like $10.

??? There is no servo motor in 42041. How did it allow you to get a servo for $10?

Is it possible that LEGO will re-release another set like the 42041 Race Truck?

I'd love it if LEGO re-released 8043, 8284, 8273, 8049, 8274, 8275 - aargh, someone stop me! :sick::laugh:

8439 was released in 2004; a lot of the parts in that set were out of production at the time and reissued for the re-release. The same with 2009's 8063, which used the older differential rather than the one released in 2008. I'm not sure using OOP parts would be much of a leap. It would be cool if we did get a few re-releases next year, though. Not that I'm saying it should be a full year of reruns, but it'd still be good for those who didn't get the sets the first time round. :classic:

8439 was released in 2004; a lot of the parts in that set were out of production at the time and reissued for the re-release. The same with 2009's 8063, which used the older differential rather than the one released in 2008. I'm not sure using OOP parts would be much of a leap. It would be cool if we did get a few re-releases next year, though. Not that I'm saying it should be a full year of reruns, but it'd still be good for those who didn't get the sets the first time round. :classic:

Looks like re-issued 8439 wasn't completely same as previous version since it was build with new parts in new colors (LBG vs Light Gray), not the old stock or reproduction of old ones.

Old part - doesn't mean discontinued part. The differential you mentioned was used in Unimog, two years later after 8063 set.

I don't think there were any out of production parts in either of those sets. Keep in mind that there is more production than just the Technic line. For example, the air tank was in continuous production for the Education line.

You're both right. The three-length black axles in 8439 also appeared in the 2003 re-release of the Pneumatic Crane Truck and a 2006 BIONICLE set; aside from 2006, which might be a Peeron error, they weren't OOP at the time. :look:

The MdStone axle-pins in the 8439 set were unique, though, to 8439 and the Model Team Hot Rod re-release (I forget the number) in 2004. Again, though, the 2003 Crane Truck had them in the OldGrey, so it's not much of a change. I'd actually forgotten the diffs in the Unimog; I thought Brickset got that wrong. Looks like it was me! :wacko: (EDIT: Nope, it wasn't; I stand firm on the 8063 point)

Thanks for the responses, zux and Blakbird! It's always an adventure on this forum! :laugh:

Edited by Maaboo35

Don't know if is right to post it here but there is a mistake in the wall of fame, the topic link in the hilux post of 8th january take me To the lincoln topic, maybe a cut© mistake :laugh: Also another question, the gaz 51 sure has To be in the wall of fame, but not with modified part as it has on the roof... maybe a version with tlg parts, I know that the thread is there To show the best MOCs, Not To make us able To build it with our pieces (without cutting it) but if they are the best MOCs they has To be built in tlg parts, I am right?

talking about axles i have lots of 3M and 5M black axles due to my old extreme offroader set, but a couple of gray 6M axles that make me mistake lots of time while building :laugh: only i don't know from what set :sceptic:

Edited by PKW

When are we going to get the reviews?

You answered your own question further up :classic:

Two more months to get the reviews!

I think the crawler crane will be reviewed about mid July/early August. That's usually when we get to see the reviews for 2H sets. Am I right in thinking the Arocs has a slightly later that usual release this year? We still don't have an officially released picture of the finalised version of it. I don't mind if they are taking a little extra time to get this set just as good as they can make it.