A one-way tipper would indeed be way too simple mechanically. I prefer my flagship sets to be complex.

I don't think you can actually load a kilogram of dirt with the 42030, dirt simply does not weigh that much. Using something less dangerous, like little Lego bricks, or dry beans, would weigh even less. Do you seriously think that Lego would encourage people to dump dirt all over their set?

Also, this is completely elementary, as the fact remains that the L350F is a Mining loader, and the Arocs is a Construction truck. I think that any tipper available that can be mounted on an Arocs chassis is too small to be used with an L350F.

I'm hoping we don't get a tipper, unless it's a 3 way tipper, with a selector to change between side and rear tipping.

What about some small decorative stones that you can buy for example in ikea?They maybe weight 1 KG in shovel and you dont mess your loader.

Also I said it before, 200€ dump truck will be very bad move, I instantly pass this set.

Well, 8043 was fully RC and in my opinion it has the best gearbox there is :)

What about 8258? I always considered that set to have the best gearbox. Only thing I didn't like with the 8043 setup was the changeover catch. No matter how many times I loosened it up, it was still a pain, but not all the time. Fun set, might just play with it later :grin:

I hope they DON'T do the crane arm version. We've already had the Unimog for that style.

Unimog's crane was rather unique in that it hooked onto the vehicle (front or back, stock that is) but even with the outriggers it never seemed that stable, but that set is a beast and the orange color is awesome. What I'd really like to see is an excavator in orange, maybe between the size of 8294/42006 and 8043. No RC though, but PF elements, maybe an L-motor instead of an M, and have all 3 functions for the boom instead of combining 2 like in the 8294.

I've heard that there is a rumor about there being a redesign or replacement of 3 power functions elements: The XL motor, the switch, and the standard remote. I'd like a proportional switch, and a remote with two sticks and return to center, but I'm not sure if that is likely. I'm thinking that the XL motor may not be replaced, but redesigned to have more mounting points, same with the switch. I also heard something about there being a massive overhaul of the pf system in general, but that seems very unlikely, and is for now an unsubstantiated rumor :sceptic: . Read more in this thread:http://www.eurobrick...pic=103596&st=0

Regardless of what happens, the flagship will probably have any new (or redesigned) PF elements, as has been tradition.

Also, I heard that there was going to be an excavator set, what happened to that? Or are we getting both that and the fire plane thing? I say that the fire plane sounds kind of interesting, as long as it is not too similar to 42025. I'd also like it to be red and white, no yellow please. :classic:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you speak of the remote having 2 sticks and return to center, isn't that what the current remote does? At least all the ones I have are 2 stick and they move back to center...

Edited by DarkShadow73

LEGO stores are putting 1H sets on the shelves already in addition to the three that showed up in December. Bellevue store had the Formula Off-Roader and the Arctic Truck.

Did anyone notice that the Street Motorcycle isn't on the US S@H either? (We already know the 24-Hour car is coming late.)

Oh, and the Race Truck now has a new number? 42041

Um, what was 42040? Did they skip something?

Edited by rollermonkey

LEGO stores are putting 1H sets on the shelves already in addition to the three that showed up in December. Bellevue store had the Formula Off-Roader and the Arctic Truck.

Did anyone notice that the Street Motorcycle isn't on the US S@H either? (We already know the 24-Hour car is coming late.)

Oh, and the Race Truck now has a new number? 42041

Um, what was 42040? Did they skip something?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to swing by either Bellevue or Lynnwood to pick up a cargo plane before the older sets get moved out. The newer sets don't interest me much, but I'm 50/50 on the car.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you speak of the remote having 2 sticks and return to center, isn't that what the current remote does? At least all the ones I have are 2 stick and they move back to center...

Oops, I meant to say a proportional remote with that feature.

I don't like any of those sets they don't contain any motors and they are way to small

Ok, in another thread you say that next year there will be new pf system.Now that you say that there will not be any motor in 230$ set and it will be small.

I think you are joking...

Is it possible this Merc truck might be a low loader for 42030!

Nope arocs 3245 is 4 axle construction truck not tractor.

Or we will get tipper with low loader as trailer.But this seems to be huge set with unimog tyres on every axle to fit volvo so I think this is nonsense.

Edited by Ondra

But this seems to be huge set with unimog tyres on every axle to fit volvo so I think this is nonsense.

a Tractor unit with unimog tires is not the same scale with 42030. Look at this Picture and compare the people with the volvo

L350.jpg

a tractor unit with 49,5x20 tires would have roundabout the same scale.

Thanks, you are correct every loader is bigger than tractors.

But still I dont see point of low loader to pair with volvo.This isnt lego standard to make sets that are great together with year gap.Also next year is probably non rc set so there will be rc volvo and non rc truck set to carry it...

Still I see big possibility in remake of 8258 but fully pneumatic, this time with great amount of detail and model team feel.Also bigger to fit barriers for some load.

Probably I'm wrong, but I'm dubious about the Arocs rumour. Why?

Arocs is MB's line of construction trucks. A primary feature is high degree of suspension travel on every axle. Look at the promo images (google), they're frequently posed to show Arocs trucks with the wheels following rough terrain.

There's currently only one viable tyre choice for a flagship truck, the 62.4 tyre (from 8285, 42009 cranes etc). The Unimog tyre is too big, a truck using these would be too big, too heavy and too expensive for an official TLG set imo.

I don't think effective suspension can be built using the 62.4 tyre in a way that would be robust enough and simple enough for an official set, for both steered and driven axles, without new parts. And we've already had new hubs, new independent suspension arms etc. More new steering and suspension parts so soon? I'd bet against that.

What about a new tyre? We just had a new truck tyre, in 42024 skip truck. That scale would build a really nice Arocs tipper (or even a cement mixer, if the right shape could be made from panels), which would be lightweight, and fun to play with. But it's not the size of a €200 flagship. And it wouldn't have complex suspension etc.

So I'm betting against the Arocs as flagship. I think it's a typo of Actros. But eh, we'll know this year eh? :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

I don't think effective suspension can be built using the 62.4 tyre in a way that would be robust enough and simple enough for an official set, for both steered and driven axles, without new parts. And we've already had new hubs, new independent suspension arms etc. More new steering and suspension parts so soon? I'd bet against that.

Maybe our dreams will come true and we will get leaf springs!

But, joking aside, it is possible to build not very realistic, but fully functional suspension with 42009 tyres. Actually, I've just done it in my project. So my prediction is that we gonna get 4 ball joints, 2 of them will be used for front axles (steering) and 2 will be connected sequentially for rear axles (propulsion). I wonder if rear wheels would be doubled or not.

I search number of truck in set name (3245) and I only get arocs.I understand your point, but this is probably another legendary licensed set and for unimog they made dozens of new parts.So why not be same case in this scenario, maybe mercedes order designing of this truck to tlc and it is also funding it, because they want it accurate to promote to the public .

Lot of blue parts in the 42042 set... Nice to see that... The Benz set looks fantastic...

you are so EVIL tell us more please I can handle the anticipation

Lot of blue parts in the 42042 set... Nice to see that... The Benz set looks fantastic...

Finally. I hope we get a new type of panel in the crawler crane. :sweet:

Finally. I hope we get a new type of panel in the crawler crane. :sweet:

It has the new style curved panels in blue... I don't think they existed before...

you are so EVIL tell us more please I can handle the anticipation

Pneumatics make a return...