I've heard that there is a rumor about there being a redesign or replacement of 3 power functions elements: The XL motor, the switch, and the standard remote. I'd like a proportional switch, and a proportionalremote with two sticks and return to center, but I'm not sure if that is likely. I'm thinking that the XL motor may not be replaced, but redesigned to have more mounting points, same with the switch. I also heard something about there being a massive overhaul of the pf system in general, but that seems very unlikely, and is for now an unsubstantiated rumor :sceptic: . Read more in this thread:http://www.eurobrick...pic=103596&st=0

Regardless of what happens, the flagship will probably have any new (or redesigned) PF elements, as has been tradition.

Also, I heard that there was going to be an excavator set, what happened to that? Or are we getting both that and the fire plane thing? I say that the fire plane sounds kind of interesting, as long as it is not too similar to 42025. I'd also like it to be red and white, no yellow please. :classic:

Edited by Saberwing40k

Can't wait to find out what 2h flagship will be. Do we have to wait till February again this year?

I remember the next of 8110 was out Xmas day,Havnt seen anything that early since though.

I've heard that there is a rumor about there being a redesign or replacement of 3 power functions elements: The XL motor, the switch, and the standard remote. I'd like a proportional switch, and a remote with two sticks and return to center, but I'm not sure if that is likely. I'm thinking that the XL motor may not be replaced, but redesigned to have more mounting points, same with the switch. I also heard something about there being a massive overhaul of the pf system in general, but that seems very unlikely, and is for now an unsubstantiated rumor :sceptic: . Read more in this thread:http://www.eurobrick...pic=103596&st=0

Regardless of what happens, the flagship will probably have any new (or redesigned) PF elements, as has been tradition.

Also, I heard that there was going to be an excavator set, what happened to that? Or are we getting both that and the fire plane thing? I say that the fire plane sounds kind of interesting, as long as it is not too similar to 42025. I'd also like it to be red and white, no yellow please. :classic:

User 1974 is some kind of insider that tell the truth so If he said NO there really isnt any new motors etc.

Can't wait to find out what 2h flagship will be. Do we have to wait till February again this year?

I remember the next of 8110 was out Xmas day,Havnt seen anything that early since though.

This year was also leak of 42030 photo before toy fairs.Very bad, because they tried to post only photos without confidential stamp.Im sure there will be leak, photo or description.

February isnt too far, at least we know full name of that mercedes.

Let me put it this way, much better to gear your (PF) hopes way down (I'd recommend a 40/8 setup), then you won't get dissapointed, chaps :wink:

I hope for something like this, in this color scheme, working suspension (?), no yellow, no red, no black again, please...

A tipper truck would be also great, but maybe just too few functions are available for a flagship model.

Agree on color schemes w/ Technic sets...WAY far too much red, black and yellow...the new 42038 Arctic Truck and 42037 Formula Off-Roader are a nice change of pace. I believe that mid-size buggy/off-roader is nice, rather on par with the 8048 Buggy from 2010, just a bit higher price, but you get a real engine and 4-wheel suspension. Wonder if it has a differential? I can't find a parts list anywhere, even Bricklink. Realize its a new item, but some retailers/websites already have it available or for pre-order on 1 January.

I dont see tipper as main model so easy function that for sure dont be main key of markething.But b model can be tipper very easy.

I think we will see handsome european heavy tow truck.42008 is great but in big it will be dream .

If it is another like 42008, please can the green color scheme...sure I bought it simply because I had a lot of TRU Rewards points to use, but it the green just doesn't work. Black would be good, kind of would go well with the 8285.

We'll see in a month and a half, probably. Have to say I also wouldn't mind seeing pneumatics making (another) comeback in one form or the other. The lack of technical complexity in recent Technic sets is a bit disheartening. It seems like we hit a peak in 2010 with 8043, since then the sets have only become more and more simplistic, seemingly. I blame RC, but hey, it sells. Yet after all, we still have MOCs (thank god).

I agree with you there...its no wonder on the boxes the age range is 10-16 or 11-16 on larger models. The instructions are so easy to follow that a young kid could put models together nowadays, and I blame RC too. I really like the looks of the 42030 Loader, but it was so simple to assemble. The last kit I had that was a bit of a challenge was the 8110 Unimog, and it had pneumatics, before that was the 8455 Backhoe/Loader, both took some thought, especially routing the pneumatic tubing and making sure everything came together as it should, one wrong move and you have to backtrack. Ever since they have gotten easier, sometimes a step in the instruction manuals is only 1 part to fit. I recently put together the 8853 Front Loader from 1988 and that was more of a challenge than some of the past year's offerings even though it was from the studded era. I recently picked up a new 8448 Supercar. Its not hard to assemble, but in all honesty its more fun than the 8070 Supercar from 2011. Don't get me wrong, I like RC, but sometimes models are more fun with just PF motors. Just my $0.02 worth...

Official Rc sets must have easy mechanism to work properly and be children proof.Rc sets arent challenge for me and Im not interesting in playing with technic as this is main rc order.

If it is another like 42008, please can the green color scheme...sure I bought it simply because I had a lot of TRU Rewards points to use, but it the green just doesn't work. Black would be good, kind of would go well with the 8285.

But now I think that tow truck doesnt happen.Arocs 3245 is mostly tipper or company larag has very nice crane arm version that photo I post few posts before.

42008 is also still in stores.

IIRC I dont see any arocs 3245 tow truck on google.

My speculations...

This as main model, looks great, for sure there is lot of playability.

1d90fb3886.jpg

Hook arm as b model and unofficial c model maybe 3 axle tipper .

Edited by Ondra

Will we be getting rc again next year?

Probably not.Rc is every second year.

Sweet, it has an Effer crane on it

Also it is arocs 3245 same number of truck as in lego set name.

Another crane truck? I would definitely prefer a proper dump truck over another 8258.

This is only my speculations.Nothing real.

Also dump truck for 200€?I dont think it will be fun to pay that price for that simple function.B model will be more realistic.

And I think if there will be dump truck in that price range it will be RC.

Edited by Ondra

It better not be another crane truck though. A tipper for a change would be awesome.

Yes it would on new pneumatic cylinders around 3 inches long :) and rc of course.

Yes it would on new pneumatic cylinders around 3 inches long :) and rc of course.

Bucket of volvo can load 1 kg with LA that simulate hydraulic.Pneumatic will hardly lift same weight as dump truck.

Pneumatic isnt solution for everything.

Bucket of volvo can load 1 kg with LA that simulate hydraulic.Pneumatic will hardly lift same weight as dump truck.

Pneumatic isnt solution for everything.

That is my concern. If I'm going to buy a tipper, it would be for the Volvo. And if it will be loading 1 kg plus, the tipper truck should be able to handle it, shouldn't it?

Also dump truck can handle more than one shovel.If we use 1 kg per one shovel there will be more than 1 kg of load in one dump truck.Can pneumatic handle it?

Also dump truck can handle more than one shovel.If we use 1 kg per one shovel there will be more than 1 kg of load in one dump truck.Can pneumatic handle it?

I don't think you can actually load a kilogram of dirt with the 42030, dirt simply does not weigh that much. Using something less dangerous, like little Lego bricks, or dry beans, would weigh even less. Do you seriously think that Lego would encourage people to dump dirt all over their set?

Also, this is completely elementary, as the fact remains that the L350F is a Mining loader, and the Arocs is a Construction truck. I think that any tipper available that can be mounted on an Arocs chassis is too small to be used with an L350F.

I'm hoping we don't get a tipper, unless it's a 3 way tipper, with a selector to change between side and rear tipping.