What is going on with this rerelease of the race truck?

Set 42041

http://brickset.com/...41-1/Race-Truck

No idea...seems stupid, what is worse is that i have been parting out and collecting pieces to build the A and B model.....grrrr!

My guess is the original 8041 was limited edition, it is kinda hard to find that set new or second hand on ebay...for a good price.

The wheel hubs of 42041 have changed, they are the newer six hole version whereas 8041 has 3 holes, i wonder if the tyres are the sam as the original?

Kind of silly to re-release 8041, especially as it's a poor set (IMO).

I am always surprised by the negativity towards this set. Kids will love this set when they see it in the Toy stores, because it looks cool.

This set is bound to appear under lots of Christmas trees. From a business point of view, the set isn't so bad (imho).

I will buy it and write a review :wink:

I wrote 60 Technic review on Techlug. 8041 is definitely the model I consider the crappiest among all of them.

Whenever I see the image for 42031 I think of my old 8868

Hey, that was the first thing I thougt too! A mini 8868 :-)

I don't get some opinions here. :wink:

That's what I think about these sets:

42038: Doesn't it look awesome? Something totally different compared to all the other sets we had in the past 20 years. :wub:

The suspension looks badass too. Perhaps it's possible to build it with AWD. :sweet:

42039: Looks really good, but I think nothing will ever beat the F1 sets like Silver Champiom, BMW and 1:8 Ferrari.

42032: Totally shocked me. Never knew that it's possible to realease a set which is that ugly.. can't understand the hype on that. :laugh:

42037: Looks very cool! All the colours, the suspension links (that you normally get in 80$+ sets) and it's design seem quite unique to me. :thumbup: Front and the motor could have been done a little better..

And all the other sets are "normal" to me..

Greetz

The Formula Off-Roader (the buggy...) is the only set I'll be looking for. Nice parts :)! Would have get the Le Mans car but the prelim was sooooo much better... :(

I don't know about you guys, but i just love the way 42032 looks. It has a nice color scheme and it is just awesome. As for the other sets, 42038 is a nice set, depending on the price i may get it and the motorbike is nice too !

PS: Waiting for your reviews Jim :laugh:

I loved all the possibilities of of 8081.

It's crazy how different the sets are from the preliminary photos. I am happy with all the colors available. It's nice to see something different that yellow and red. I think 42039 will be viewed favorably in the long term, but yeah, the changes were disappointing.

I think 42037 got better, and 42035 still pretty cool.

Perhaps they intentionally made the 42039 ugly to force us to mod it

Sounds like an idea for a Eurobricks Technic competition once it is available in the shops.

Sounds like an idea for a Eurobricks Technic competition once it is available in the shops.

Yes.

Get a copy of the rulebook in Le Mans 2003 to 2010 and pick out some of the rules there.

Yes.

Get a copy of the rulebook in Le Mans 2003 to 2010 and pick out some of the rules there.

Rulebook for what? How to build a good looking car?

I don't understand, of all the sets LEGO could re-release, why it has to be 8041. Why not 8043? Why not 8275? There are so many great sets that could be reissued and still sell well. I'm just stumped on this one. :wacko:

Rulebook for what? How to build a good looking car?

Oh, snap! :grin: Got the backlash off that all the way over here!

I don't get some opinions here. :wink:

That's what I think about these sets:

42038: Doesn't it look awesome? Something totally different compared to all the other sets we had in the past 20 years. :wub:

The suspension looks badass too. Perhaps it's possible to build it with AWD. :sweet:

42039: Looks really good, but I think nothing will ever beat the F1 sets like Silver Champiom, BMW and 1:8 Ferrari.

42032: Totally shocked me. Never knew that it's possible to realease a set which is that ugly.. can't understand the hype on that. :laugh:

42037: Looks very cool! All the colours, the suspension links (that you normally get in 80$+ sets) and it's design seem quite unique to me. :thumbup: Front and the motor could have been done a little better..

And all the other sets are "normal" to me..

Greetz

The crane on the arctic vehicle looked way better on the preliminary version, it had 2 actuators while the released version only has 1 and looks so lame and tiny... and why doesnt Lego never learns? whats the point having huge ~1000 pieces sets when it only has a couple of functions and not even motorized, didnt they learn nothing from 8274 and 8284?

The crane on the arctic vehicle looked way better on the preliminary version, it had 2 actuators while the released version only has 1 and looks so lame and tiny... and why doesnt Lego never learns? whats the point having huge ~1000 pieces sets when it only has a couple of functions and not even motorized, didnt they learn nothing from 8274 and 8284?

That does annoy the heck outta me as well. I like the look of the 42038, but it doesn't appear to have a whole lot of functions, like you say. Then again, how many functions does a real snowmobile/snowcat have?

I'm sure someone said 42038 can be motorized... Can someone just put me out of my wonderment? :laugh:

whats the point having huge ~1000 pieces sets when it only has a couple of functions and not even motorized

Not motorized ? Thanks god !

It is a 1K part model, but chassis uses a lot of these parts, as it is very special. There are also caterpillars...

The model has not that many functions (and I bet it has no fake engine), but I am fine as the model is still very innovative.

More functions does not necessarily mean more fun. ;)

Not motorized ? Thanks god !

It is a 1K part model, but chassis uses a lot of these parts, as it is very special. There are also caterpillars...

The model has not that many functions (and I bet it has no fake engine), but I am fine as the model is still very innovative.

More functions does not necessarily mean more fun. ;)

I don't think any other model has used four sets of caterpillars before, so you're right to say it's innovative. :classic: I know there are those who say that motorization takes some of the intricacy from a model as well, so maybe it's best that 42038 isn't motorized. TBH, I can't even see where any of the parts would go, so I don't think it can be upgraded with PF. :sceptic:

Plus, that crane looks like great fun regardless of LA amount. :sweet:

It is not motorized from the box, but it is PF ready.

So it is prepared and should include instructions to be motorized with 8293 Motor Set kit.

I honestly like the new Le mans Car looks over the preliminaries,but the name is dumb.Seriously,what the heck does 24 Hours Race Car even mean? :wacko:

Ps.I'm in LOVE with that 42038,so much ORANGE! :wub: