Did you see the 2015 Dumptruck in the foreground @ 0:20 and @ 5:03

Edit: Can anybody identify the car in the background next to the 42008 @ 0:43?

Yup, good eye, the truck is there. The car is Hot rod's B model (42022)

Edit: Can anybody identify the car in the background next to the 42008 @ 0:43?

Ferrari Enzo

Ah off course, couldn't see the colour or the front, the two tell tail signs of that model.

Well obviously it does, it is right here on the official Technic web site, and Grohl posted it on his FB page - it's a Scraper. Could it be that you of all have missed it Conchas? :wink:

I didn't check out if it only uses pieces from the yellow loader or also parts from other two vehicles...

Yep, it only uses loader parts! I've built it and I can confirm that it's very much a B-model for the 42023 loader (designed by Michael Jeppesen), as with 8453 from 2003. It's a nice little model, too. Looks a bit more realistic than the 2003 scraper as well, though it lacks the levelling body function and the bucket mechanism is a bit limited. :classic: Still a lovely-looking vehicle, though.The tractor unit is really well-designed.

Funny thing - if you look at the model on the back of the 42023 box, the scraper shown is slightly different than the one built in the downloadable instructions. There's even a note on the instructions saying that it's a revised manual. Looks like Grohl is somewhat of a perfectionist. :wink:

I found it a pity that there aren't any B-models for the other two vehicles, either. Oh well. :grin:

Edited by Maaboo35

0:22 - poster on the wall: did you see modified 42029?

Is there a grader in the background? A B Model?

Looks like the 42024 B-model.

0:22 - poster on the wall: did you see modified 42029?

I noticed, I wonder what those rims are, just Photoshopped or an existing piece?

Edited by Cumulonimbus

And left poster is with 42039

I have duplicated Alasdair's post here and moved the following discussion, since it's mostly about the new 2015 models.

On the technic website lego technic has made a short video looking at a 'behind the scene' look at making the 42030 wheel loader.

I lost the following discussion from the Volvo topic moving it here. Sorry guys.

This is why we need new buggy motors! What's the point in a slow racing car?

Buggy styled motors would be like the best release of the year!

Also note a 42031 like truck, but with a different cab and superstructure. B model maybe?

Eh what did you lose exactly? :look:

There was a discussion about the 2015 models in the Volvo topic, after you posted the video. I moved the conversation over here, but the forum software generated an error. Somehow, a handful of posts got lost.

There was a discussion about the 2015 models in the Volvo topic, after you posted the video. I moved the conversation over here, but the forum software generated an error. Somehow, a handful of posts got lost.

Why would there be a discussion for 2015 sets if the loader is out in 2014?

Why would there be a discussion for 2015 sets if the loader is out in 2014?

I guess because there were pictures and physical 2015 models in it.

I guess because there were pictures and physical 2015 models in it.

Exactly. The discussion wasn't about the Volvo Wheel Loader. It was about the 2015 pictures in the background.

Forget about it.....

xvJKryW.jpg

I sure wouldn't mind that one hanging above my desk :wub: I really need to get some LEGO Technic posters, my new LEGO HQ (desk) look rather plain...

I have duplicated Alasdair's post here and moved the following discussion, since it's mostly about the new 2015 models.

On the technic website lego technic has made a short video looking at a 'behind the scene' look at making the 42030 wheel loader.

At 5:03 ... twin rear tires on the dumptruck? the 42035 box however shows single tires.

Edited by GoldVillage