Thanks for the high-resolution pictures! A lot more detail to be discerned there than in those blurry low-res ones. 42039 indeed looks totally awesome, I'm really curious what functionality it will offer. Love all the green and orange parts we're getting, by the way, should make for some MOCs (cars) with interesting colour schemes.

Edited by jantjeuh

Those green panels of the 42039 that make up the bumper seems to be new 3x9 panels? Tried it in ldd, 7 are too short, while 11 seems to be too large.

seems to be new 3x9 panels

Yes, they are.

I was imagining the beam underneath as 5L. But now I agree it is 7L so the panel must be longer.

Then they are probably 5x9 panels, instead of 3x9.

Shades in these images can be really misleading... :tongue:

Makes you wonder why Lego would make another new panel when they probably could have gotten away with using a 3 X 7 and a little creativeness...

Most likely will see more of this size in the summer sets...

Or in some off the wall system set...

Well, actually a 5x9 panel fills a kind of natural gap in the new panel system... :classic:

That is a good point...

I don't know if they are 5 x 9 though.. I would think it would have a much longer sweeping curve.. The curve is pretty short like in the 3 X 7 panel...

How many studs wide do you think this is..? 23..? Maybe 25..? Looks like it could be 25 from the front...

Looks like two 5 x 11 in the back spoiler with a liftarm between them... maybe an extra stud on each end not being occupied...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Pretty sure its 3x9. Made the front in LDD and the panels cannot be 5 wide as they would stick too much into the headlights. The model is 25 studs wide.

Pretty sure its 3x9. Made the front in LDD and the panels cannot be 5 wide as they would stick too much into the headlights. The model is 25 studs wide.

Yes, you're right! Doing some experiments with real bricks, 3x9 is now my bet as well. :classic:

That mudguard part looks pretty cool. Maybe the days of the gap above the front wheels in supercar models will end.

42039 - sticker across panels, and on the nice new flat silver ones too...! thankfully we can put them where we like or not at all

does the dump truck (42035) have a 1-cilinder engine next to the cabin? That would be a nice surprise!