Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

So I take it the simpsons theme is dead? No rumors about a D2C set and no new minifigure series.

No Simpsons in 2016. No D2Cs have been 'leaked' no new CMF series, no Dimensions packs.

Edited by CM4Sci

No Simpsons in 2016. No D2Cs have been 'leaked' no new CMF series, no Dimensions packs.

Well, what we got was pretty good, but I kinda wish we got one more D2C or CMF series.

Personally, I don't care if they're boring or don't offer exciting gameplay/story elements, I'd just like to be able to have the entire family on the Toy Pad at once. Besides, I think you're wrong. Lisa could have the hacking and technology abilities whereas Marge (basically being the house wife) could be able to vacuum up hidden items in the same way Scooby Doo and Emmet's Extractor can dig up stuff.

Each to their own. I would love them to be playable as much as anyone else, like you said to complete the family, but I can see why they aren't included... I mean this is a game that has Batman, Marty McFly and the Doctor. Most wouldn't going to pick Marge and her vacuum over proper interesting characters.

So I take it the simpsons theme is dead? No rumors about a D2C set and no new minifigure series.

No confirmation obviously, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's sad I was really enjoying this theme.

WOAH SORRY. My page didn't load properly and so I didn't see how many more post after this one there were :look:

Edited by Coca-Cola

If we all bombarded LEGO with pleads for more Simpsons, do you think they'd listen?

Well, of course we can always start a petition. In some rare occasions it really works.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Petitions never work with LEGO themes and will be a waste of time. Your best bet is a LEGO Ideas project.

Took a long time to see the kwik-e-mart but I guess we had heard rumors about it in the set lists. Bummed really. Has a set ever showed up not being on those lists?

Well, of course we can always start a petition. In some rare occasions it really works.

Two problems with petitions:

1) If you do achieve the designated number, nothing is guaranteed to happen.

2) A petition to feels very forced and more like a negative push to getting what you want.

If we all bombarded LEGO with pleads for more Simpsons, do you think they'd listen?

With all due respect, throwing a ton emails at Lego seems like the digital equivalent of a spoilt child throwing a tantrum because he's not getting what he wants.

I understand you're upset about not getting any sets next year but there's no confirmation the line has ended completely, wait and see what Lego decides too.

Two problems with petitions:

1) If you do achieve the designated number, nothing is guaranteed to happen.

2) A petition to feels very forced and more like a negative push to getting what you want.

Yeah I know, it was more of a joke.

Ehhh, if it's done it's done.

I mean I am an absolutely huge Simpsons fan and would buy whatever they released, but we got 2 solid minifig series, and 2 solid sets. Better than nothing.

Anyone have any information or insight on any Simpsons sets in 2016? Early 2015 it was romoured to be 'The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop' released late 2015.

I just noticed a pattern regarding the Simpsons sets...

-Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire (December 17, 1989.) "25th anniversary of the first appearance of 742 Evergreen Terrace."

-The Telltale Head (February 25, 1990.) "25th anniversary of the first appearance of the Kwik-E-Mart."

-Three Men and a Comic Book (May 9, 1991.) "25th anniversary of the first appearance of The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop."

Fingers crossed the pattern continues this year too...

Hey, I'm sorry for asking this again, but I hear rumors going around the Web about a possible Lego dimensions wave 6 and 7 that includes at least 1 more Simpsons figure. Does anyone know if this can be true? It sounds a little weird to me.

Hey, I'm sorry for asking this again, but I hear rumors going around the Web about a possible Lego dimensions wave 6 and 7 that includes at least 1 more Simpsons figure. Does anyone know if this can be true? It sounds a little weird to me.

Anyone can start a rumor, and as long as there are people who want to believe it, they'll hold on to any hope they have. But there's been zero credible confirmation of any more Simpsons LEGO, as far as I've heard. And some folks who are pretty reliable sources have flat-out said that Simpsons is done, at least for the foreseeable future.

Not true.

Is the simpsons theme effectively over now? I know this is a 2015 rumors thread but with no 2016 one I felt this the appropriate thread to post in.

Edit: just saw 2016 thread at the bottom of the thread page.

Edited by Forresto

The license has ended after the dimensions sets. I could post my submission to lego ideas. I hope that this theme will get back!