Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

well it's fake. its from lego ideas model. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58196

Doesent hurt to check google before reporting these "leaked images" (comment to websites)

Thanks for pointing that out. The guy that runs the website is a good guy who definitely wouldn't be trying to deceive. He'll probably be a little embarrassed when he finds out it's not genuine. I thought it was a new ploy by Lego to make prelim pics almost nothing like the finished product.

http://brickingaround.com/2015/01/12/leaked-picture-of-71016-kwik-e-mart/

I assume this is a very preliminary pic. The price is NZ dollars and will apparently be $330 AU.

I think this page is legit, but LEGO just was lazy and used that Ideas version to show the "illustration similair to final product". The confidential watermark is like all the other LEGO ones, which is hard to Photoshop in.

^ no I think it's completely fake

-Most (if not all) prelims we see have the completed backgrounds

-Then thers the fact that the image looks very large most prelims are smaller that what appears here. this like like an A4 print.

-The watermark is easy to fake if you want to. In this case tho it looks like it was cropped out of some other image.

Also lego does WHITE transparent watermarks*. this looks grey so it was proapbly taken from another image where it was already transparent leaving it looking grey.

-its also suspect that lego would watermark a fan creation like that. LEGO are VERY particualr about not using any fan made stuff. possible lawsuits etc.

*If theres examples where they are not white please do show me.

Edited by deskp

Last year in The Simpsons Series 1, we got new moulded short legs and moulded arms

I'm expecting to see something new in Series 2 as well...

I'm thinking on the Comic Book Guy... he would be the only one so far wearing shorts with regular legs.

Could we see back printing on the legs? or moulded regular legs? :look:

Edited by Robert8

Did anyone see Simpsons: I won't be coming home for Christmas, marge makes a Simpsons ginger bread house with no room over the garage and a kwik-e-mart, still don't think it means anything? In the same episode homer goes past a shop with 90% off Lego Simpsons. Only the family are made in giner bread with pets expect for apu and side show bob but who knows.

Last year in The Simpsons Series 1, we got new moulded short legs and moulded arms

I'm thinking on the Comic Book Guy... he would be the only one so far wearing shorts with regular legs.

I would love it!!!!

I got told today from the toy world order sheet, its due March in NZ at around $350 NZ and the 2nd wave of min figs.

But it is the kwik-e-mart for sure.

That would be great

I got told today from the toy world order sheet, its due March in NZ at around $350 NZ and the 2nd wave of min figs.

But it is the kwik-e-mart for sure.

Ouch again, that is 300 AUD.......instead of a Lucas-tax it's a Fox-tax ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

No way LEGO does back printing on legs... I mean, there's really no need for it as there are giant holes in it anyways and it would be too expensive for so little print I suppose.

No way LEGO does back printing on legs... I mean, there's really no need for it as there are giant holes in it anyways and it would be too expensive for so little print I suppose.

I agree, that would be too hard and too costly to do.

Now an example of too hard would be the Top Gear promo video for series 22.......the Lego-ised one where the minifigs only have printing on the front of the torsos and not the sides....same issue as with the printing on the backs of legs.....too hard and too costly.

I think this page is legit, but LEGO just was lazy and used that Ideas version to show the "illustration similair to final product". The confidential watermark is like all the other LEGO ones, which is hard to Photoshop in.

Eh, just change the year and make these transparent. :tongue:

BuFpPwv.png

Eh, just change the year and make these transparent. :tongue:

BuFpPwv.png

Dam I thought that was for Wonder Woman's jet ? :laugh:

I wonder how the second Simpson huge expensive set will fare as compared to the house as it appears an over supply of them now and some retailers have got plenty of stock still to sell ?

Agreed. Nor there's any particoular need.

Will Hibbert and Frink have a new lab coat torso??

Yes, they wont reuse torsos from non simpsons themes.

Hi.

I had LEGO sets as a child and work in a school, so I'm still around it now. Having grown up in the 90s and been a huge fan, the Simpsons theme was designed to bring someone like me back to the brand I think. I bought the house, the mini figures and in my head I'm committed to buying any other sets and figures that crop up under this theme.

How do you guys survive on the scarce drops of information? I stumbled across this forum on a Google search and check this thread every few days or so for any new information, but there just very rarely seems to be any! I wish LEGO would be more forthcoming with its information and plans for the future of the theme. I want to get excited about locations in Springfield and different characters, but it just isn't moving quickly enough!

I don't know how you can commit to all/many of the different parts of the LEGO world. You must all be millionaires with very understanding partners!! Any tips for justifying the new Kwik-E-Mart set over a romantic weekend away would be greatly appreciated! :classic:

Might I suggest, having some extra cash buy the set and still have the weekend away........while your partner sleeps build the set.....win, win ! :laugh:

Now I wonder which Toy Fair they'll show it at eh ?

How do you guys survive on the scarce drops of information?

Eventually you just get used to it. Also watching the petty bickering play out in some of the threads is pretty entertaining, it definitely staves off boredom in the meantime...

Any tips for justifying the new Kwik-E-Mart set over a romantic weekend away would be greatly appreciated! :classic:

:sceptic:

Probably through supernatural means. Hypnotism maybe... :wink:

Honestly for some of the price tags Lego slaps onto their products there's very little you can do to justify it. Really all you can do is hope.

Hi.

I had LEGO sets as a child and work in a school, so I'm still around it now. Having grown up in the 90s and been a huge fan, the Simpsons theme was designed to bring someone like me back to the brand I think. I bought the house, the mini figures and in my head I'm committed to buying any other sets and figures that crop up under this theme.

Welcome to Eurobricks!

How do you guys survive on the scarce drops of information? I stumbled across this forum on a Google search and check this thread every few days or so for any new information, but there just very rarely seems to be any! I wish LEGO would be more forthcoming with its information and plans for the future of the theme. I want to get excited about locations in Springfield and different characters, but it just isn't moving quickly enough!

Used to drive me mad, but not anymore. Eventually, you learn to enjoy it, especially in the CMF threads. I remember speculating on series 13 since August, watching the thread for news, etc. and was actually kinda sad when we got pictures since that would all end... Of course, the series was awesome, so I got over it. In short, you get used to it.

I don't know how you can commit to all/many of the different parts of the LEGO world. You must all be millionaires with very understanding partners!! Any tips for justifying the new Kwik-E-Mart set over a romantic weekend away would be greatly appreciated! :classic:

Eh, can't help you there. I myself have a hard time buying all the sets I want due to monetary constraints... Just get what you really want, the rest is not that important...

Any tips for justifying the new Kwik-E-Mart set over a romantic weekend away would be greatly appreciated! :classic:

lego lasts forever, a weekend is just 2 days. cant you build it together... romanticly?