Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

If we are getting a simpsons series 3, we have to think this may be the last series. And then we have to think about which characters we still need. There are 16 figs and 5 of them are probably gonna be the simpsons. There will be most likely also a 6th reused figure, so that ends up with 10 new figures. Then we have to think about who this figures may be, and I think it's important that it will be the remaining characters we need to create at least an entire season out of lego and the intro.

1. First of all, almost every season has a sideshow bob episode, so we definitely need him.

2. Every season has episodes about springfield elementary, and in every season, principal Skinner has a big role in most of this episodes.

3. In every simpsons Season, and Even almost every episode, homer goes to moe's tavern, Lego won't create this set, but we need at least moe.

4/5 Every season since season 2 had a Halloween themed episode, treehouse of horror, so we need characters for this episode, and who fit better to this then kodos and kang?

6. We almost have every character to create the simpsons intro, we only miss Dewey Largo to put Lisa out of music class.

Now we have 4 spots left, and we already can create a nice season. So now we have to think which characters are fun to have extra.

7. Sideshow mel, krusty just needs a sideshow after bob is in prison to assist him in the show. And I would love to have his body print.

Now there are many characters left who I would like, but I've tried to make a good last 3.

8. Lovejoy in normal clothes and train accessory

9/10. Lenny and Carl, homer needs some friends and Mr burns needs employees for the power plant.

There are 4 characters who also could be at the last 4.

1. Fat Tony, it feels like we have too less evil characters, but this character doesn't appear many times so he didn't made it to the final 10.

2. Barny, a second option as friend for homer, but I couldn't separate Carl and Lenny from each other, he would have come with a Bolling ball or something. But since he's always drunk and way to related to beer, and for almost nothing else, he didn't made it to the final 10.

3/4 lou and eddie, springfield does need more then 1 cop to eat donu..... Uhm I mean to protect the town. Chief wiggum does need his partners, but there are characters more important then them, for now wiggum is enough.

So now we have the 10 new characters, we look at the new variants of the simpsons. Since they always have a Christmas episode, the first episode even was a Christmas special, a few simpsons needs a Christmas variant. Only the body print will be different, no new head molds.

1. Homer as mr plow, this is probably one of the best known homer variants.

2. Star maggie, the figure won't be really special, just a orange variant of her body part (I rather want a pink part so I have a baby boy body and baby girl body, but maggie has not such a variant)

The other Simpson members could have any variant, they don't really have a special Christmas themed outfit so maybe something treehouse of horror related.

For the 6th reused figure, it could be anyone, except millhouse, apu, flanders and wiggum, I think other figures then the simpsons will only get maximum 1 variant.

At least we look at the set we will get, since the most important sets we need for a small springfield or a recreation of the intro are springfield elementary and the power plant, and the power plant isn't really special, I'll bet on the school. I know its a big set, but it don't have to be that big. To recreate scenes we need at least barts classroom, the music classroom, and skinners office. Also a small hallway with some lockers. Then we could get a really small version of Willy's shag and the school bus. And the set will include Otto as an exclusive figure.

This is only what I think we will get if the next series (if we get one) is the last one. Only looking from a simpsons point of view, not if it's really possible in Lego. And I'm sorry, it became a very long post.

If we are getting a simpsons series 3, we have to think this may be the last series. And then we have to think about which characters we still need. There are 16 figs and 5 of them are probably gonna be the simpsons. There will be most likely also a 6th reused figure, so that ends up with 10 new figures.

If that happens, it will be a second version of Grandpa or Flanders for sure

1. First of all, almost every season has a sideshow bob episode, so we definitely need him.

Sideshow Bob has had only 12 centric episodes + 1 new Bob episode coming next season in october. That'd be 13/27 seasons

Don't get me wrong, Bob is my favorite character ever but he is not that popular anymore. They even eliminated his scenes in The Simpsons Movie.

I agree about the rest: Sidehow Mel would be a great choice. Skinner is mandatory at this point. Same with Moe, Lenny and Carl.

And I also think Series 3 will be the last, especially seeing the route the show is taking by recasting some of the Harry Shearer characters, while the others are being retired.

Edited by Robert8

Sideshow Bob is the primary antagonist in the Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios. They'd be bonkers not to include him in a S3 lineup.

Sideshow Bob has had only 12 centric episodes + 1 new Bob episode coming next season in october. That'd be 13/27 seasons

Don't get me wrong, Bob is my favorite character ever but he is not that popular anymore. They even eliminated his scenes in The Simpsons Movie.

I'm sorry, you're right. I'm currently rewatching all the seasons of the simpsons and I'm still in the early seasons, were sideshow bob had an episode in many seasons, 7 of the first 10 I believe. Didn't realised he was absent in so many later seasons. But still if I would make a season of the simpsons out of Lego, it has to include a sideshow bob episode, they are one of the most fun episodes to watch :p

About the reused molds, I indeed think grandpa has the biggest chance to get one (and if a character other then the simpsons get a 3th figure, it probably is ned).

Why do you guys think we'll have a series 3, and that it'll be the last? I was honestly plenty surprised about series 2, and the kwik-e-mart. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, CMF2 didn't have any repeat molds besides the family themselves, so where is that idea coming from?

I'm really hoping for series 3... other action figure lines for the simpsons have gone on forever...

Why do you guys think we'll have a series 3, and that it'll be the last? I was honestly plenty surprised about series 2, and the kwik-e-mart.

Heck, I was plenty surprised about Series 1 and the Simpsons' House, since I never thought they'd do a Simpsons theme in the first place...

Why do you guys think we'll have a series 3, and that it'll be the last? I was honestly plenty surprised about series 2, and the kwik-e-mart. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, CMF2 didn't have any repeat molds besides the family themselves, so where is that idea coming from?

I'm really hoping for series 3... other action figure lines for the simpsons have gone on forever...

I'm thinking we're getting a series 3 since there are too many important figures we still need. It's a little strange if Lego starts the simpsons which is a really big franchise, and stop already before we even got all the important main characters, it would disappoint a lot fans of the series. If they start something big like this, they have to finish it. Also, the series comes with a lot of interesting builds, prints and pieces (with hard to get colours) so non simpsons fans still can use the sets for plenty of other things. Also, if they create a series 3, and use it to give us the last really important characters, I think the series has done the most important thing and they can stop without disappointing people. Then we have a nice line of builds and figures to create or own tiny springfield. And for people who make stop motion, they can create a nice simpsons intro without a missing scenes (well except Marge car, with is a shame, but not big of a deal, we can easily create it ourself). Sure I hope we get more series after this to expend my springfield a little more, but if they quite after a good series 3, it will be fine. Lego already tries to give us as many figures as possible since the give us the minifigures series, other wise it wasn't possible. Now I only hope Lego thinks the same as me and will create at least 1 more series.

In the main time, I think I'm gonna buy that poolclub, defective apartment and barbershop set (I forgot the came"name) I'm thinking I can use it for Moe's Tavern.

Also, CMF2 didn't have any repeat molds besides the family themselves

Milhouse headpiece

Series 2 had new accessory pieces because they didn't need to make 16 new heads this time around. Since the Simpsons and Milhouse used existing parts, they were able to make Snowball II, Santa's Little Helper, the slingshot, and the Squishee cup. If all of the characters required new heads, we wouldn't have any other new parts.

Milhouse headpiece

Oh yeah, duh! Personally I wasn't complaining about a Fall Out Boy fig, however...

I'm thinking we're getting a series 3 since there are too many important figures we still need. It's a little strange if Lego starts the simpsons which is a really big franchise, and stop already before we even got all the important main characters, it would disappoint a lot fans of the series. If they start something big like this, they have to finish it.

Have you heard about the Lord of the Rings LEGO line? :wink::cry_sad:

I would be all for a 3rd series, if it didnt take the place of a regular CMF series. Being as it is, I would rather see the Simpsons minifg series retired, and see the return of the usual CMF Series. The focus of the Simpsons theme can be on the large sets (or a regular wave of sets).

I would be all for a 3rd series, if it didnt take the place of a regular CMF series. Being as it is, I would rather see the Simpsons minifg series retired, and see the return of the usual CMF Series. The focus of the Simpsons theme can be on the large sets (or a regular wave of sets).

Like you, I prefer a regular (no themed) CMF series instead of a Simpsons series......

But I've come to an understanding: 1 Simpsons (or licensed) series per year could help to keep the market unsaturated of CMF's and slows down the pace of releases of regular series

After 5 years and 13 series, some people could grow tired of the CMF theme

I agree after all the series we have had it is best to slow down and also try something new/different.

I think one CMF licensed series and one regular CMF series per year is good enough.

I'd say 2 regular CMF series and 1 licensed series per year:

JAN : Regular CMF series

MAY: Licensed CMF series

SEP: Regular CMF series

But with all the LEGO movies coming soon I'm scared about the regular CMF's :cry_sad:

But with all the LEGO movies coming soon I'm scared about the regular CMF's :cry_sad:

I think you shouldn't worry to much about this movies, take ninjago for an example, it's a theme based movie, so it's based on the sets. What could a cmf's series give us for that theme more then the sets do? A ninja with a slightly different face expression? That would be kind of boring, we can get all the different important characters easily from the sets. And for the Lego movie 2, characters from the regular cmf's series were way more important then the ones we've seen in the Lego movie 1 cmf series. That were just some characters we've seen for less then a minute and nobody cares about, and a few main characters we already got in almost every set based on the movie. I'm sure we won't miss out on the regular series just to get some useless figures we already can buy or maybe even already have.

I think you shouldn't worry to much about this movies, take ninjago for an example, it's a theme based movie, so it's based on the sets. What could a cmf's series give us for that theme more then the sets do? A ninja with a slightly different face expression? That would be kind of boring, we can get all the different important characters easily from the sets. And for the Lego movie 2, characters from the regular cmf's series were way more important then the ones we've seen in the Lego movie 1 cmf series. That were just some characters we've seen for less then a minute and nobody cares about, and a few main characters we already got in almost every set based on the movie. I'm sure we won't miss out on the regular series just to get some useless figures we already can buy or maybe even already have.

Yeah, maybe just for The Lego Movie 2 and thats it. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

A ninja with a slightly different face expression?

That's what we got in TLM Series with President Business, Bad Cop/Good Cop and Emmet

(And then 3 robots that appeared like for 1 second in the film.... Overall, half of the characters were pretty pointless)

Well that's what I try to say, everything we got for the Lego movie cmf series was pretty much pointless, so why should they do it again? This series already stopped after 1 line of figures, if it was popular enough we would have seen a series2 already and we didn't. So why should we get another series of pointless or boring figures if we can also get one or 2 with original figures?

After The Simpsons ends, maybe Futurama?

They will not do Futurama theme since the TV Series was ended in Sept 4, 2013.

Edited by legofanatic12

Well finally the series hit the stores overhere. I have really a hard time finding Millhouse grrr.

They will not do Futurama theme since the TV Series was ended in Sept 4, 2013.

Yeah but for the Dark Knight movie Lego released sets very many years after. Thats not the reason they won't do Futurama, it is because it is just far more not "kid friendly" as the Simpsons. The Simpsons is basically the gateway show to all the other Adult Swim shows.

What are the chances of getting a Simpsons minifigure as a SDCC exclusive?

What are the chances of getting a Simpsons minifigure as a SDCC exclusive?

Don't think bad things like that. :sad:

Edited by just2good