Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

I was thinking that one more wave would about cover it but I am starting to think again.

Seriously, just off the top of my head here are the main characters and/or very iconic characters who have made multiple appearances (no one offs or celebrities playing themselves, etc)

1. Moe

2. Barny

3. Lenny

4. Karl

5. Principal Skinner

6. Miss Hoover

7. Sherri/Terri

8. Dolph

9. Kearny

10. Jimbo

11. Otto

12. Bumblebee Man

13. Kent Brockman

14. Sideshow Bob

15. Sideshow Mel

16. Crazy Cat Lady

17. Squeaky Voice Teen

18. Disco Stu

19. Maude Flanders

20. Reverend Lovejoy

21. Helen Lovejoy

22. Marge's Mom

23. Homer's Mom

24. Radioactive Man

25. McBain/Rainer Wolfcastle

26. Manjula (with the Octuplets lol)

27. Wendell (the kid who always vomits)

28. Mr. Largo (lisa's music teacher)

29. Bleeding Gums Murphy

30. Poochy (kind of reaching but we have Itchy and Scratchy)

31. Superintendent Chalmers

32. Mayor Quimby

One or two are a little bit obscure I guess, but that's two full sets without any repeats (which you know they will do since they already have the molds).

EDIT: No need to tell me that they won't make Moe and Barny because X or Rev Lovejoy because Y. lol

Edited by ndawgg

And one might reasonably assume that since the whole theme is, after all, "The Simpsons", they'll want to always include at least some of the core family members in a given Minifigures series, meaning new character variations for them as well as, say, (just) 10-12 other, mostly new characters per series. This theme could go a long time, if LEGO's interested. So far, they've used 44 minifigures (two 16-minifigure Minifigures series, plus two 6-minifigure sets) to bring us "just" 27 characters (excluding non-"minifigure" characters like Snowball II, Santa's Little Helper and the frozen version of Jasper).

Then again, there's enough source material for any number of other, now-dormant licensed themes to have kept them going longer than they did.

Seriously, just off the top of my head here are the main characters and/or very iconic characters who have made multiple appearances (no one offs or celebrities playing themselves, etc)

In my opinion, when Lego create a character, they guided by the interweaving stories of characters, their effect and the appearance in the series in general.

Previous published figures should be linked to the new, to create scenes from the movie and more playability.

1. Moe - one of the most anticipated

2. Barny

3. Lenny

4. Karl

2-4 - very strange lack of all homer's friends

5. Principal Skinner - willie and krabappel, 100% in next series

6. Miss Hoover - at the same level as Millhouse parents. possible, but not series 3.

7. Sherri/Terri - the last of the common children, and, 1 figure - 2 characters

8. Dolph

9. Kearny

10. Jimbo

8-10 - possible, but i dont think. too minor characters, no subplots, no stories. Nelson connected with Lisa and Bart in many episodes

11. Otto - must be (set associated with the school?)

12. Bumblebee Man - the continuation of the creation, Krusty?

13. Kent Brockman - the continuation of the creation, Dr. Hibbert?

14. Sideshow Bob - the continuation of the creation, Krusty? great connection with Bart.

15. Sideshow Mel - the continuation of the creation, Krusty?

16. Crazy Cat Lady - fun 4 fun.

17. Squeaky Voice Teen - see him in Krusty Burger set.

18. Disco Stu - fun chacarter. like Frink.

19. Maude Flanders - minor character, little stories.

20. Reverend Lovejoy - the continuation of the creation, Flanders? see (and believe) him in church set.

21. Helen Lovejoy - no one ideas to create her, nondescript character. Only in a set with her husband.

22. Marge's Mom - absolutely no, Absolutely not, occurs in 1 or 2 episods.

23. Homer's Mom - absolutely no, Absolutely not, occurs in 1 or 2 episods.

24. Radioactive Man - excellent continuation of the line of superheroes.

25. McBain/Rainer Wolfcastle - fun character.

26. Manjula (with the Octuplets lol) - minor character, little stories.

27. Wendell (the kid who always vomits) - minor character, little stories.

28. Mr. Largo (lisa's music teacher) - minor character, little stories.

29. Bleeding Gums Murphy - again, minor character, little stories.

30. Poochy (kind of reaching but we have Itchy and Scratchy)

31. Superintendent Chalmers - only with Skinner. I personally don't believe in him.

32. Mayor Quimby - interesting character, but what is it for?It does not fit to one character.

Personally, I'm waiting:

33. Lou - for Wiggum.

34. Eddie - for Lou and Wiggum.

35. Agnes Skinner - One of the most interesting old characters (communicate with Comic Book Guy, Skinner and any)

36. Jasper - Lego PLEASE ! :))

37. Cletus - super funny and cool.

My top 10 wanted list in order:

1 Principal Skinner (Why have edna and willy and no skinner)

2 Moe (Other than the 5 Simpsons is in the most episodes by a long way, they might not want to make a pub but no reason not to make a figure, a man looking for love with flowers accessory)

3 Sideshow Bob (come on give him a rake and you have the best figure ever)

4 Radioactive Man (on the back on super heroes being so big and we already have fall out boy)

5-6 Lenny/Karl (No point just having one of them)

7 Barny (was a very big part of the early shows)

8-9 Kang and Kodos (how fun would they be)

10 Lovejoy (he doesn't wear dog collar all that much in the show even when in church so just put him in a suit with a train accessory)

Edited by SMC

Agreed, we need more Simpsons characters based on their multiple appearances in the show, not celebrities, characters that appears in a single episode, and anything that are exclusive in Simpsons Tapped Out or other Simpsons media.

Also adding to that extra long list: Fat Tony, Luigi, sea captain, Duff man and Jebediah Springfield (statue minifigure) would make an awesome addition to the Simpsons theme, I can't wait to see whats in the pipe works for this Lego theme next. :classic:

Sideshow Bob is my favorite character from the show but..... his head would be too bulky for the bag

Sideshow Bob is my favorite character from the show but..... his head would be too bulky for the bag

Maybe he will be either in the set or in LEGO Dimensions as a fun pack.

10 Lovejoy (he doesn't wear dog collar all that much in the show even when in church so just put him in a suit with a train accessory)

In Brick Like Me, he has a white suit instead of a traditional pastor robes like he wears in most episodes.

Edited by legofanatic12

Anyone find it weird that the capes of this wave were the old school ones rather than the new flexible ones?

I don't think we will ever see moe's tavern, in the kwik e mart set they removed any duff beer reference...

Anyone find it weird that the capes of this wave were the old school ones rather than the new flexible ones?

I don't think we will ever see moe's tavern, in the kwik e mart set they removed any duff beer reference...

The flexible ones seem to be exclusive to the Super Heroes sets.

I went to the Lego store early on Saturday, I only planned on walking out with six MF but ended up doing the whole set in less than 30 mins. I impressed even myself having been able to get them all in one shot with no repeats at all! So now my collection is complete! :D

I also managed to finish building my Kwok-E-Mart set today!

I did the same thing on Friday, when I went to the store, I had them all in shot, but the problem was my twins kept running out of the store while I was finding the cmf, so I told the Lego guy to watch them from me, little did i know he put them in hands reach from other customers who thought they were free game, so when I took them and paid for them and opened afterwards I was missing two, so I had to go back and find them again... that time it was the easiests finds ever because i got them on the first time.

I wish the Lego store would offer a small shopping bag for customers lol it would help very much in these predicaments I think

The soft capes are used when the cape-wearer is a superhero or if they are intended to sit in a vehicle.

About the possibility of Sideshow Bob: It is probable that they will do him, but how is the wonder. Will he have big feet? That is something particularly important, because of why he hates Bart. That episode was a pivotal for the series. I know Kristy didn't get the big shoes, but they are less intregal to the character.

If they do Reverend Lovejoy, then they should be able to do Rabbi Krustofski.

About the possibility of Sideshow Bob: It is probable that they will do him, but how is the wonder. Will he have big feet? That is something particularly important, because of why he hates Bart. That episode was a pivotal for the series. I know Kristy didn't get the big shoes, but they are less intregal to the character.

If they do Reverend Lovejoy, then they should be able to do Rabbi Krustofski.

If they release Sideshow Bob, I'm 99% sure he will get normal legs.

Cool, I had never been to that page. Always just go directly to the shop.

I completed my series in two trips to target, both times I had to get them to get them out of the back.

This site really helped, the code is 204-00-1379. I missed Martin Prince the first time around because they only had 2/3 of a box, but sure enough after I bought one the count went down by one, so it's accurate.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker

So, everyone keep buying these because we need series 3 and we NEED another building!!! I'm working on snake's car, the lil bandit. Will post when complete :)

I got Comic Book Guy, Sunday Best Lisa, and Smithers today. All of them are nice. The Squishee cup was smaller than I expected, and I don't like how Lisa and Snowball II can't fit on the base together. Otherwise, they're accurate and fun.

I'm working on snake's car, the lil bandit. Will post when complete :)

Oh my gosh! I would love to see it when you are done! Will you post instructions too? :D