Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

I'm loving the interior detail of the Kwik-e-Mart. Particularly the printed 2x2s.

I wasn't going to bother with it but having seen the pics, I've now changed my mind.

The purple Squishie will probably be pretty costly on Bricklink. There is so much here that I will try to budget for it, but a Lego set that costs more than an HDTV on Amazon is going to be a stretch. Hopefully it lasts as long as the Simpsons House.

The Simpsons is getting a lot of love from LEGO. Between these new releases and last year's, we now have two of the most iconic locations from the show, two associated cars, and twenty-nine characters (including Snowball II, Santa's Little Helper, and Itchy & Scratcy - 30 if we also count Jasper), with multiple versions for nine of the characters: four versions apiece of Homer, Marge and Bart, three versions apiece of Lisa and Maggie, and two apiece of Chief Wiggum, Milhouse Van Houten and Ned Flanders.

To clarify, the following pieces are printed:

Squishee cups

Chef Lonelyheart's Soup for One cans

Buzz Cola cans

Pop-tab tiles on top of cans

Krusty-O's boxes

Springfield Inquisitor magazine

Mom Monthly magazine

Angry Dad comic book

You're A-Peeling valentine

Let's Bee Friends valentine

Springfield Shopper newspaper

Chocolate milk cartons

ATM console

Everything else (aside from pre-existing prints, of course) is a sticker.

so is the actual kwik and mart part of the sign a sticker too?

Did anyone notice how the door at the back has a small set of doors further above it? Would this be a way to access the roof from inside the store?

Also, notice Manjula's name on a sticker on one of the roof panels. Hopefully this means she will be coming in series 3!

so is the actual kwik and mart part of the sign a sticker too?

Yep.

Oh, and I just noticed Hibbert's x-ray tile looks slightly off-white. I think it might be glow in the dark!

Edited by Tragic Banjo

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I'm 90% sure the book Martin has is a new taller and skinnier book mould. You see, the current one would only reach up to his torso (or the torso of any minifigure with short legs). But this one reaches up to mouth. :sweet:

I like the accessories found in the set - the donuts, magazines, squishee cups, cola cans, take away cup, black garbage bag and chocolate milk. It's impressive to find so many rare and new parts in one set alone.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I'm 90% sure the book Martin has is a new taller and skinnier book mould. You see, the current one would only reach up to his torso (or the torso of any minifigure with short legs). But this one reaches up to mouth. :sweet:

Nonono, its the same book mold we already got.

Nonono, its the same book mold we already got.

I don't think so! :purrr:

I'm still amazed we have Gordie Howe in the CMF series... a real celebrity!

SOLD !

This set comes in just behind City Square for my must buy this year list.

AWESOME build with so much detail, designed to be either a shelf display or opened up for play........Lego has outdone their Simpson's House from last year.

I don't think so! :purrr:

Don't ignore the fakt that hes holding the book in front of him, and the book is not touching the plate.

single fig 71009-14.jpg?201503120331

group 71009-17.jpg?201503120334

2nc10ro.png

Edited by deskp

I'm not into the Simpsons, but I can see the appeal of this set. It has a huge amount of detail. It also captures the humour of the Simpsons. I love, for example, that Bart is graffitiing the side of the building. It's not that I support unauthorised street art - I emphatically don't - but I am pleasantly surprised that TLG is portraying it.

I also really like the black bag used as a bin bag. Unfortunately, I expect they'll command a small fortune on the secondary market.

From the CMF line, I have to get my hands on Bart's slingshot. What a great piece! Shouldn't be too hard to identify the Bart CMF by feel and I expect there'll be quite a few per box.

The Series 2 of Simpsons is more interesting. Lisa, Willie, Frink, and Hibbert are the only best for parts.

Bartman, Edna Krappabbel and Sunday's Best Homer are the most ones.

I only get Lisa, Frink, Hibbert, Edna, Patty (for the pink skirt), and Sunday's Best Homer.

The pictures i posted from taobao that showed the molded short legs are on Martin and Lisa. I was right about them having those legs and this series is really amazing.

Series 2 looks good, slightly better than Series 1 I'd say. I'd still prefer a regular numbered (mixed) CMF Series

Some thoughts:

-I can't believe they gave Smithers the Stacy Malibu doll as an accesory. That's pretty epic.

-I new Marge "fancy dress" wasn't her green church dress. That would be pretty similar to the normal dress.

-Homer accesory is super lame. He is the worst CMF of Series 2

-Maggie is exactly the same we got in the house set. At least, they could change the color of the dress. Pretty boring.

-I hate that Marge and Edna are barefoot.

The rest of them are pretty nice!

The "Marge in a fancy dress" name makes me wonder what dress will she wearing because her church dress doesn't look "fancy" to me. Besides, that would be pretty similar to the Series 1 Marge.

Could we get her with her orange dress? :look:

Call it :laugh:

So, my guess for Series 2 is Dr. Hibbert with a syringe and a radiography of Homer's head showing the crayon

Call it :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

Great series I love all the references to past episodes like the crayon in the brain Homer x-ray and Edna's secret lover "Woodrow" or Gordie Howe. But comic book guy is looking a little flat around the waist.

Look at Edna's molded head. She has a similar molded to the one that was made by The Warsman.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96804

-Homer accesory is super lame. He is the worst CMF of Series 2

-I hate that Marge and Edna are barefoot.

You forget Patty and Selma. They are both looks barefooted too.

I really agree for the Homer in Series 2. The new torso doesn't match the color with the legs. He supposed to be in dark blue.

Both Patty, Selma, Sunday's Best Marge and Edna are wear shoes in the show, but why they both barefooted in LEGO? Also Edna's torso is pretty neat.

However, the only more interesting are Comic Book Guy, Bartman, Fallout Boy, Hibbert, Frink, Martin Prince, Willie, Smithers, and Lisa.

Edited by legofanatic12

These look amazing! I my opinion wave 1 (house and series 1) were better from a Simpsons fan standpoint, but wave 2 is better from a Lego fan standpoint. That reminds me, I still need to get the house, haha. Also, Maggie's head is different than the S1 head. I think it's the same as the house one though.

Sorry, can someone please tell me where the purple squishee is, I can't find it :(

There's a picture of the interior with Bart holding a newspaper and Apu at the counter - the purple squishee is beside the machine. See more images on the Brickset database page http://brickset.com/sets/71016-1

The more details I see, the more I like this set!