talos

Do you have a favorite brick color?

Most of my favourites are from the 'dark' palette.

I don't know if glow-in-the-dark counts as a colour, but I quite like GITD white.

Green, brown, tan, and greys. I love nature builds and those colors are always ones I grab from on PaBs and the like.

Dark tan and tan are probably my favorites. I also love dark red, dark green, dark orange, medium dark flesh and olive green quite a bit.

RIP dark turquoise. :(

Lots of varying opinions in here!

I prefer Black and Dark Grey. I also love the Dark Red.

Aside from that, I've got a soft spot for Maersk Blue and Dark Turquoise lately.

Metallic silver and Dark Blue are probably my most favorite colors.

It says 'color', not 'colors' in the topic title. It's more interesting to name just one colour, I think.

Just about any color will look good if it's a brighter shade paired with the two grays and white for a general color scheme, with maybe a darker shade of a similar color for contrast. For example, I've successfully used dark green and teal together, with the grays and white as a supporting color, I've used dark blue and lime together with just the grays (no white), and currently I'm working on a project which uses blue in addition to the grays and white. For me, the shades of gray and white are my go-to to make any design pop.

My favorite color for buildings is probably medium stone grey (light bley) - it goes with virtually anything,

I still love the color combo of light gray, regular blue, and trans-yellow though - can you tell I grew up with Classic Space?

I like dark & light greys, and I wish Lego would produce *every part* in those 2 colors and sell them in their PaB.

And then lime, such a vibrant color.

I like dark green and tan colors.

But I think my favourite is this new nougat color found in the minecraft sets. I got the minecraft farm as a present 6 months ago and this new color just popped at my eyes.

As I grew up in the 80's and 90's there were not so much color variety, so to discover a new one is always a good surprise for me.

I collect more than I build, so I'm mostly interested in colors that have never been released in sets. TLG has contracted with several plastics manufacturers over the years to produce bricks using a variety of colors and plastics for testing purposes, and many of those bricks have leaked out into the world and are distributed among collectors. I have neon bricks, transparent colors that have never been released, and all colors of the rainbow, from milky green to super dark blue, from semi-transparent orange to marbled colors.

I love working with all kinds of colors--however, I'm sad that sand red is retired and dark orange is relatively uncommon for bricks. These colors are fairly close to the color of Pikes Peak granite and red sandstone, which are abundant here in the Pikes Peak region. I'd love to make some outdoor MOCs that reflect local areas, but the rarity of these colors makes it difficult. So, while there are other colors I like just as much, these always come to mind when I think about my favorites, because they're the ones I'd most like to have. I suppose I could bricklink dark orange bricks, and may do so at some point, but the price of sand red is prohibitive.

Edited by Tea Weevil

For a while when G1 Bionicle was out I was a big fan of the Bright yellowish Orange or Keetorange as Bionicle fans called it

Now its Gunmetal Gray. That is such a cool dark color.

Dark green followed by the other dark colours (blue, red, etc.) then olive, then sand colours.

Quite happy to see colours that are closer in tone to those found in nature.

I use the mid-toned primary colours (or old-style colours if you will - yellow, red, green, blue) as filler/framing with the occasional exception when those colours apply.

My 2 year old likes the primary colours, but I see him reaching for the light blue and light green duplo often.