talos

Do you have a favorite brick color?

I did a search on this topic, and it really hasn't been discussed in a while. I was curious about what other's favorite colors might be. I have been gravitating towards the darker earth tones, I have noticed. My favorites are:

dark orange

dark brown

dark red

dark tan

medium dark flesh

I like to build buildings mostly, and want to try and work some of these colors into everything in some way. Trouble is, a lot of the the necessary parts to build a MOC are not available in each of those colors... so there will always be a need for the light and dark bluish gray and white.

I love sand blue, although it's not super common these days. I also really like the dark/emerald green and dark blue. However, tan will always be a favorite as well because it is so versatile.

I absolutely love dark red and dark green and usually use them in combination with black (which goes with pretty much everything). I'm also quite fond of the medium azure blue, but have yet to find a good use for it... honourable mention to olive green, dark orange and lime green.

In no particular order, my favourites are:

1) Dark Red

2) Tan

3) Orange

4) Lime Green

My favorite one is whichever one I am looking for at the time :)

When I first started building Lego (Late 80s) the colors were pretty standard. It has been really cool to see some of the new colors lately. I got a bunch of 1x1 bricks in bright orange and green from the PAB wall a few weeks ago. I don't know that I will use them (they are in my BL store for now), but they are cool to see.

I think for me it has to be Black as it goes with everything. However I use a lot of the greys, mainy Grey, DBG & LBG. I find it hard to tell the difference between LBG and Light Grey to be honest unless it is in good clear daylight.

I have started to get collection or the Azures, purples and pinks, but this mainly so I can make some Friends stuff for the wife.

My favorite one is whichever one I am looking for at the time :)

When I first started building Lego (Late 80s) the colors were pretty standard. It has been really cool to see some of the new colors lately. I got a bunch of 1x1 bricks in bright orange and green from the PAB wall a few weeks ago. I don't know that I will use them (they are in my BL store for now), but they are cool to see.

Those were the days. I love how the sand in the old Pirates sets was yellow. I wish they would go back to the yellow sand in the new sets (just for Pirates).

My favourite colour is Modulex red. It is a kind of brick red. It isn't made any more, and has never been used for system bricks. It would be great for building houses to have this colour in system bricks.

I like green, partially because it was very rare when I was kid (back then it was only found in a few Castle sets and in Octan sets)

I also like sand green / sand blue for buildings, but I am sad that sand red disappeared :(

Edited by antp

Too many to name. (Not in order)

Dark orange

Dark red

Dark blue

Olive green

Sand blue

I'm seeing a theme here

Sand red, sand green, gold, sand blue, dark orange, dark tan, light blue, lilac

Trans-dark green. I mean, obviously it can't be used for everything, but it is definitely my favorite.

As far as more versatile colors, then tan/dark tan and metallic silver (which is great to see popping up in more sets and different pieces).

My favorite retired color is old brown, and I'm sad we'll never get it back; sometimes reddish brown is just too bright.

Teal, the azure blue, and dark green I think. Couple these with white and the grays it's quite nice!

Any dark colors in combination with white.

I am yet to use the dark blue color but I have not yet found out where/how to use it yet.

Light blueish grey :-) the base colour for most medieval structures :-)