CM4Sci

2015 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Cool new parts, the 2x6 with ΓΈ2 corners on the front and back of the spyder, the 2 new cuuuurvy windshield styles, new fenders, lots of national flags. (I see the new hubcaps but I don't really care, to the "you forgot..." comments :wink: )

Also, nice use for a snowboard. And weird to see the ANSYS plate, I'm actually studying for an engineering simulation exam tomorrow morning, and it's all ANSYS

Those are all really nice. It's kind of amazing how much likeness and detail they've got at that scale. I would personally still prefer 10-stud wide scale, but I can't hate these.

Rats...

I really like these sets, and I really wish I could get them, but my budget is going to be filled up, with Pirates and trying to collect all of the parts for one of James Mathis's LU Racecars...

Maybe some way. I hope...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Those are awesome. I wish they'd release some American Muscle cars though, Just2good vey off topic and I'm sorry if it has been asked before but will you be releasing images of City sets soon?

Just subscribed to your channel by the way!

Thank you! City images will be coming later this week or the weekend, as I think I'm missing a few of those. We'll see.

Secondly, I apologize as I fell asleep (good news is that the cold is getting better!) but The Brick Fan ripped the images from my video pretty much spot on, so no need to post them separately... check that out! http://www.thebrickf...mages-revealed/ :classic:

Edited by just2good

American muscle cars would be great. As a Mustang fan, I'd have to buy them. :D It'd also be great if they did some classic muscle cars (been wanting to make a 68 Shelby GT500 in LEGO for a long time).

American muscle cars would be great. As a Mustang fan, I'd have to buy them. :D It'd also be great if they did some classic muscle cars (been wanting to make a 68 Shelby GT500 in LEGO for a long time).

That would be amazing!

Also, nice use for a snowboard.

Yeah, it's a great NPU! I was somehwta surprised to see it at first, but it really blends into the aesthetic of the cars!

BOMBSHELLS!!!

BOMBSHELLS!!!

BOMBSHELLS!!!

And just about PHP500!!!

Now I can't wait to see the instructions.

NEW WHEELS!!!

(I wanna know though, do the new wheels and tires match the current ones used?)

Also, the choice of cars... the Geneva Hybrid Hypercar Trifecta! And the RSR's (White is run by the factory and Team Manthey, and the orange one is the Hybrid).

Even the F1 cars... I know that dong nose from McLaren!

(been wanting to make a 68 Shelby GT500 in LEGO for a long time).

You and me both! I was really hoping to see classic cars done in Minifigure scale, I suppose. While these builds are really slick, they are not what I expected.

Seriously? Just2good released the Super Champions images before NINJAGO despite NINJAGO having 95 more votes?

Edited by JayWalker

Very nice, looks like some interesting new parts...

...and now that we've seen them, they really look like they should be in City instead of Special Themes.

Too much random stuff down here already.

:look:

I like this theme so much, these cars looks great for kids.I planned to buy every set but some design of cars dont appeal to me.I buy ferrari truck not for F14 but for the truck :grin: .P.s.:Can you spot scooter in ferrari truck set?

I like this theme so much, these cars looks great for kids.I planned to buy every set but some design of cars dont appeal to me.I buy ferrari truck not for F14 but for the truck :grin: .P.s.:Can you spot scooter in ferrari truck set?

Yes, there is a motherfucking Vespa in that set.

Those are all really nice. It's kind of amazing how much likeness and detail they've got at that scale. I would personally still prefer 10-stud wide scale, but I can't hate these.

This has to sell like hotcakes for LEGO to make something like a UCS version.

This has to sell like hotcakes for LEGO to make something like a UCS version.

Maybe we see something in 2H of year.

Alright: wishing time!

What manufacturer do you want next to have models built in this theme?

Here's my picks:

Aston Martin, Ford and Mercedes-Benz

What models per make?

Aston: V12 Vantage, Vanquish, DBR9

MB: SLS AMG (stock and GT3), SL65 Black Series, and W05 F1

Ford: Fiesta WRC, 2015 Mustang and/or Shelby GT500

How'bout you? What's your wish picks?

This is really good news for the car mocists - we seem to get much more decent mudguards (which is quite a sensation since this will enhance our possibilities very much), nice rims and some other great stuff.

As for the cars themselves they look quite nice, you find some interesting design features and techniques, especially regarding the small form factor. On the other hand stickered headlights are clearly a no-go - and 4 wide cockpits on 6w+ vehicles (with a fig placed in the center which isn't realistic at all) have never worked and will never work. Maybe they could be used to build some nice Group C or GTP race cars in a 7w scheme.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to these sets.

OMG these are just AWESOME.....I having a hard time containing my MOCing mind.....I wonder in the F1 sets contain current drivers ? :wink:

OMG these are just AWESOME.....I having a hard time containing my MOCing mind.....I wonder in the F1 sets contain current drivers ? :wink:

From the helmets... I don't think so.

Does anybody know the expected release date on these please? I was going to buy the Star Wars Sandcrawler next but I may have to hold off and get these instead now!

Thanks for the pics J2G ! I was definitely not expecting this, but I like them. I'll probably get the two Ferrari cars and the McLaren.

They look lovely, much better than the Racers, and very smooth. I could do without the stickers, however.

Does anybody know the expected release date on these please? I was going to buy the Star Wars Sandcrawler next but I may have to hold off and get these instead now!

Seems like January, but late December is usually the norm for New Year sets.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Alright: wishing time!

What manufacturer do you want next to have models built in this theme?

Here's my picks:

Aston Martin, Ford and Mercedes-Benz

What models per make?

Aston: V12 Vantage, Vanquish, DBR9

MB: SLS AMG (stock and GT3), SL65 Black Series, and W05 F1

Ford: Fiesta WRC, 2015 Mustang and/or Shelby GT500

How'bout you? What's your wish picks?

These are great. I've been trying to build a somewhat small-scale Vanquish for a while, because one day I saw the Bionicle Bohrok eye piece and thought they'd be great Aston Martin headlights. Maybe if I continue working on this I could make it be the same scale as these Speed Champions sets and try to fit a minifigure inside. :laugh:

A couple other ideas I have would be:

Lexus: IS 350 F

Nissan: GT-R R35

Chevrolet: Corvette C7

BMW: Z4

Audi: R8

Pagani: Huayra

Koenigsegg: Agera R

Edited by Meiko