CM4Sci

2015 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Looks like we both had the same idea :tongue: Your model does look pretty good.

I'll get some more pics and post them in your thread, to keep this one clean for the Speed Champions sets, as they get released.

I just noticed the new fenders were used in the Town City Square a swell (dark bley)front of the Tow truck only good news is that it confirms we will not have to wait for more super cars to come out to get more fenders in different colors :grin:

Yep, as soon as the first pics emerged people (including me) noticed this. Lego sure makes good use of some of the new parts.

I just noticed the new fenders were used in the Town City Square a swell (dark bley)front of the Tow truck only good news is that it confirms we will not have to wait for more super cars to come out to get more fenders in different colors :grin: (also the tram front and rear windows are the new canopies from the P1, and LaFerrari)

Ah, yes......but SC sets are going to be cheaper than City Square to buy said fenders, etc.,. :wink:

Ah, yes......but SC sets are going to be cheaper than City Square to buy said fenders, etc.,. :wink:

So, what dou you think of the new Ferrari Truck? :classic:

If you like: See the review above.

At the Nuremberg Toy Fair, I have also seen all the McLaren and Porsche cars. Very interesting, too. Particular

as Lego sets. :sweet:

Hi guys! Well, after that particularly amazing review of the Scuderia Hauler set and discussion about the new fenders (better check the wheels on the truck, though), it's time again for pertinent but useless car reveals.

zudy0ybsdidrpjd6e4hm.jpg

Above is the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, which will fight the Porsche 911 GT3 with a 600-hp V12 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), lighter weight, center-lock wheels, and the fact that only Europeans and Asians will get this.

ur73g09apa4x03fdwhp6.jpg

Above is said V12 engine. Where's your pony now?

nvv2y0suqojsi7kyuacs.jpg

Of course, this news won't matter until TLG gets licenses for both the road-going versions (One-77, V12 Vantage and/or DB9) and the Vantage GT3 race car, but at least you have something to expect or MOC with.

10511410.jpg

Both cars may have just reverse-engineered the Porsche 911's headlights.

Just a tip: The rear wing's endplates are attached to the rear fenders, and there's a piece of the back fin that holds the middle part of the wing. I imagine that the top-most plate forming the fin in your build has to go OVER the wing using a jumper setup.

Edited by XAxles

I know i'm a little late to the party here but, words cannot express how excited I am for these sets! I plan to get all of them and then some more on top so I can build some of my own vehicles using those new pieces.

I know i'm a little late to the party here but, words cannot express how excited I am for these sets! I plan to get all of them and then some more on top so I can build some of my own vehicles using those new pieces.

Welcome to the party RacerRabbit, seems that you are taking the same path many of the rest of us are wanting to go down too! in the mean time I recommend getting a jump on those mocs :classic: that's what ive been doing through this rather long wait.

Good to see LEGO have changed the policy they have had in the past (e.g. various Ferrari F1 sets) of not printing logos of real world companies on any elements in sets and at least recognized that torso stickers are a bad idea.

Is anyone else disappointed by the new fender design? While the old fenders have a 1x2 brick on the inside which you can work around, having so much plastic on the new ones seems pretty limiting to how they can be used in MOCs. Just my two cents though, I'll still get most of the cars to drool over.

Edited by Criga88

Yep, I also was a bit shocked when I saw how much "brick" there is on those new fenders. Still: they did find a way to put it in a quite ordinary truck in the new town square set, so maybe it's not as limiting as its size might suggest.

Edited by jfbat

On a truck those fenders would be no issue, funny the scaling being off there but it's Lego I guess price point dictated what went into the set.

So let's tally two hits and one miss for this theme. All two hits were from Ferrari, while the lone miss right now is on McLaren. Where will Porsche be? To me, the bigger Porsche set (with the 911 racers) would be the winner, while I think the 918 is a 50/50 (it does the job, but it can use more curves).

More curves has always been an issue with minifig scale vehicles.......slightly easier to do with larger Model Team scale designs.

I don't mind the McLaren, it does capture the basic vehicle design and I guess looks better from a distance ? :blush:

Also, Mr. Slowly's LaFerrari review on TG Telly coming tomorrow GAH!

I don't mind the McLaren, it does capture the basic vehicle design and I guess looks better from a distance? :blush:

Well, I think it gets the silhouette and the defining exterior features, but I wanna see the P1 model with the wing off.

11629_big.jpg

Because look at that car with the wing not deployed. Is there any other Miss Universe contestant this year that is sexier than that? Well, I'd say ours, Miss Philippines, but that's because I'm Filipino and biased and you wouldn't like that.

Also, Mr. Slowly's LaFerrari review on TG Telly coming tomorrow GAH!

Don't you mean Captain Slow ? :laugh: (sorry for being a tad off topic)

Edited by lightningtiger

Don't you mean Captain Slow ? :laugh: (sorry for being a tad off topic)

It's what the Italians call him. And he went to Italy just for the LaF. Besides, we've gotten pretty far-off-topic for quite some time now. Don'tcha worry.

Also, I've just re-read the TG Mag review of the Hybrid Hypercar Trifecta. And I'm gonna read it again.

Edited by XAxles

Hi,

I am presenting a Lego Review and Animated Stop Motion Speed Build of new and the biggest Lego 2015 Speed Champions set. This is Lego 75913 Ferrari F14 & Scuderia Ferrari Truck. As I big fan of Formula 1 and Racings I was waiting the Lego Speed Champions series most of all. This Year Daniil Kvyat will be in RedBull and I hope he will win some races. I had a great oppurtunity to speak with him in Nissan GT Academy, when I was in final in 2013. Now some words about the Lego Set. The Box is big and there are seven packages in it. There is only one book, but there are about 200 pages! Also there are lot of stickers. There are 6 minifigures in Lego 75913. Formula one Lego Ferrari F14 looks very nice. The lego truck is also very beautiful and there are some playing function. So everything you could see in the video and as usual I made animated stop motion animation for speed build review.

Alright, they're also available at TRUs here in the US. :wink:

16428210970_00dfeeb23d_z.jpg

15995459773_d170de8f26_z.jpg

16614596642_9e30b46b65_z.jpg

16614594362_6ce20a5ef8_z.jpg

15993038524_74385338cf_z.jpg

Loving these little $15 supercars! This one doesn't disappoint- it really captures the sleek look of the actual 918, for the most part. I love how the did the front and the car doors, and their use of new moulds including one that fits the alloy wheels of the 918 specifically. You get extra ones of a different style, so you can easily switch it out. I just don't like the studs showing on the back, as it gives it a more blocky look, and I wish the interior was a darker color other than red.

16614596082_25494f7bc1_z.jpg

16614594502_8beb2e04a5_z.jpg

The minifigure is simple besides the new torso print, but I like it that way, as I'd imagine it keeps the cost down.

Edited by just2good

That Porsche 918 would probably still look nice without the stickers applied and the 1x1 lbg cheese slopes swapped out for 1x1 clear round tiles.

Thanks 'j2g' for the video review, hmm......I like that set though that silly little add-on build......would have been better for a piece of pit equipment or something like a crash barrier as a little add-on build.

Given these are showing up in a lot of stores I'm surprised they still aren't on S@H as "coming soon" like Elves is. I hope they are available on S@H on March 1st.