CM4Sci

2015 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

16400521295_66413a2757.jpg

Rear of the box is nice. On to the parts.

So I'm seeing 10 stickers, hubcaps (!!!!!!!), 2 booklets?

Either way, keep on this. And larger pics, too (especially the wheels, wheel arches, and windscreen), including that.

Edited by XAxles

not only are there hubcaps, they're 2 different versions here, first looks like the Ferrari 5point, and second is12points possibly the ones from the 918. and yes please, more pictures, build in progress would be nice to see too.

Edited by GallardoLU

Oh, this is shaping up to be good.

You have to watch James' review of the real LaF, Superfunk. If you're gonna do one, I wanna read that in James' voice. Please? Please do it.

Edited by XAxles

Thanks so much for these! again very jealous that you were able to find a set so early, car looks better than I thought It would. I'm also very glad to see that the extra hubcaps were intentional (as evident in the inventory page) Can't wait to get my hands on these sets, even more so now.

Is it possible to get a picture of the car next to a ordinary city vehicle?

I would like to see how well it might integrate with the rest of Lego city.

The rear of the vehicle is exceptionally composed. I like it a lot.

Edited by Moebius118

Oh, that car looks so sweet...... :grin: .......choice of rim trim :wub: and I would say four to four and a half bricks in height. :wink:

Sure!

16379462126_5c6ceae3c1.jpg

The LaFerrari is only about one plate higher than the yellow convertible, but much longer and wider.

16217806188_edd7fd37de.jpg

But it still fits quite well into the city! :wink:

16217861028_a34dd884e3.jpg

Pros: a lot of interesting new pieces. Good looking once built.

Cons: Too many stickers

I think I'm going to give them a chance

James May: GOD HOLY TROUSERS!!!

BTW, anyone saw yesternight's episode? Did James do the LaFerrari review on there or was it Jenniferremy with the BMW i8?

On to the questions:

1. Have you tried the new wheels to the old mudguards?
  2. How's the build? What's a particularly interesting step?
  3. Where else can the hubcaps fit?
  4. Die buttocks. Who else likes it?

Edited by XAxles

2. Die buttocks. Who else likes it?

I think I can answer the first one. the tires look like the same ones used for the endurance racecar from last years city sets, that one used the older mud guards, so I think its safe to say these new rims/tires will work just fine. and for the last one (now number 2 in the edited quote) I'm all over it, can't wait to get my hands on this, the McLaren and all the rest (seriously I think I'm going to end up getting this entire wave of sets)

1. The tires look like the same ones used for the endurance racecar from last years city sets, that one used the older mud guards, so I think its safe to say these new rims/tires will work just fine.
  2. I'm all over it, can't wait to get my hands on this, the McLaren and all the rest (seriously I think I'm going to end up getting this entire wave of sets)

1. That's good news for me and other 6W car MOC-ers. The hubcaps question are still up for grabs (I'm gonna wait until I see the wheels from the McLaren P1, which resemble OZ Ultraleggera's, and the best hubcaps of the bunch if you ask me), but as I see it, the hubcap is studded, which means it might fit to Technic pinholes and stud receivers.
  2. Don't we all love dem buttocks? Well, maybe not the 918 (against the P1 and the LaF, it's got nothing), but still.

Sure!

The LaFerrari is only about one plate higher than the yellow convertible, but much longer and wider.

But it still fits quite well into the city! :wink:

16217861028_a34dd884e3.jpg

Thank you so much for the in-depth response. You have greatly helped me solidify my decision to buy a good deal of this product line.

From your pictures I agree they seem to scale well with the rest of City/Modulars. Rather lengthy vehicles but that does not bother me at all.

Edited by Moebius118

Just found a video from the Nuremburg toy fair showing all the speed champion sets we've seen so far (no F-40)

start watching around 0:30 seconds.

I wish they'd use printed pieces instead of all the stickers. We all know what happens after a few years with the stickers ... and without them it doesn't look that great.

On to the questions:

2. How's the build? What's a particularly interesting step?
  3. Where else can the hubcaps fit?

1. One type (98282) fits, the other one (50745) doesn't (the wheel seems to fit, but can't rotate):

16429818675_0d8976cac4.jpg 16428055601_40822f0aed.jpg

2. The build is quite complex for a car, lots of brackets are used. Doors/sides and that ... back are probably the most interesting.

3. Oh, they have tons of useful applications :classic::

15809768763_330627bd71.jpg

As they fit a stud on the inside, they actually are useful!

Edited by Superfunk

that trash can cover is perfect! great for a modern city. these sets have so much potential! (also seems I was wrong about the endurance car sharing tires with these new ones)

Those hub cap/wheel trims.....hmm, be handy in either city or sci-fi MOC's......vents, man-hole covers, etc.,. :wink:

Now I wonder how long it will be before someone makes custom trio from Top Gear to go with these cars ? :wink:

1. One type (98282) fits, the other one (50745) doesn't (the wheel seems to fit, but can't rotate):

16429818675_0d8976cac4.jpg 16428055601_40822f0aed.jpg

2. The build is quite complex for a car, lots of brackets are used. Doors/sides and that ... back are probably the most interesting.

It can be used as a man-hole cover on a sidewalk or road.

Okay, these have now just turned into absolute must-haves for me - and from those pictures of the Ferrari model, especially the one comparing the length of it to a City vehicle, it'll look like these will fit surprisingly well with my 7-wide car MOC's. And I may just have to pinch some of those hubcaps for my existing car models too - to find that at least some of the sets come with interchangeable sets of them is fantastic (though it'll mean I have to BL some more of the new wheels).