Also just realised that the instruction booklets have some pretty nice images on them :)

Yes they do. The Hideaway booklet has the best image of Elvendale, nice and big. There are also really nice photos of Leaflands, Sparkle Rock, and some others on the Elves website.

Check out this Elvendale from Lego KidsFest Missouri, pretty cool.

22ea1b3078ed2c65df71833c2890f279.jpg

Bigger photo at this address.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/ea/1b/22ea1b3078ed2c65df71833c2890f279.jpg

Edited by OmShanti

17067882215_5a050c6c3f_z.jpg

My review of 41073 Naida's Epic Adventure Ship has been posted to The New Elementary! Check it out here!

Not totally related to the sets themselves (apart from depicting them), but the

TV special is now available on YouTube. I know a lot of people missed it when it initially aired, so hopefully this should get it some more exposure.

Additionally, it's listed as "Episode 1", which suggests there are more to come. I don't know whether that'll be this year (and maybe feature sets like Aira's Creative Workshop that were barely featured in this episode), or if the next episode will just cover the next year of sets and story.

Not totally related to the sets themselves (apart from depicting them), but the

TV special is now available on YouTube. I know a lot of people missed it when it initially aired, so hopefully this should get it some more exposure.

Additionally, it's listed as "Episode 1", which suggests there are more to come. I don't know whether that'll be this year (and maybe feature sets like Aira's Creative Workshop that were barely featured in this episode), or if the next episode will just cover the next year of sets and story.

Think you just got ninja'd.

When you get to the end of the episode there is a box saying "Episode 2 coming soon"!

Think you just got ninja'd.

When you get to the end of the episode there is a box saying "Episode 2 coming soon"!

Yeah, I'm excited to see what EPisode 2 has in store as basically all of the sets, including the summer wave, were featured in episode one... It would most likely depict the 2016 winter wave, but I'm not sure how soon "Coming soon" is, as we still have the rest of 2015 to wait for all the sets featured in episode 1...

Yeah, I'm excited to see what EPisode 2 has in store as basically all of the sets, including the summer wave, were featured in episode one... It would most likely depict the 2016 winter wave, but I'm not sure how soon "Coming soon" is, as we still have the rest of 2015 to wait for all the sets featured in episode 1...

I don't know about that. For all we know the next few episodes could be more "slice of life" episodes, in which case they could potentially make more use out of previously used setpieces like Naida's Ship or the Treetop Hideaway. And of course, there's nothing stopping them from including original characters and props as well—Ninjago, after all, crafted an entire half a season from wholecloth in between the Serpentine arc and the Stone Warriors arc, during which time they introduced a plethora of original side characters, several of whom (like Dareth) have practically become mainstays in the cast. Future Elves episodes could possibly shed a bit more light on Emily's home life, or for that matter, what the Elves do when they're NOT on grand adventures—do they have jobs? Families? There's a lot of ground that can be covered even WITHOUT a new set of toys to base stories on.

I don't know about that. For all we know the next few episodes could be more "slice of life" episodes, in which case they could potentially make more use out of previously used setpieces like Naida's Ship or the Treetop Hideaway. And of course, there's nothing stopping them from including original characters and props as well—Ninjago, after all, crafted an entire half a season from wholecloth in between the Serpentine arc and the Stone Warriors arc, during which time they introduced a plethora of original side characters, several of whom (like Dareth) have practically become mainstays in the cast. Future Elves episodes could possibly shed a bit more light on Emily's home life, or for that matter, what the Elves do when they're NOT on grand adventures—do they have jobs? Families? There's a lot of ground that can be covered even WITHOUT a new set of toys to base stories on.

That's true, good point.

Thanks for the link. I hope they don't wait until 2016 to make another episode. All of the lovely artwork would aid in my Elvendale MOC project. It would be cool if they featured the already released sets more, or delved further into other places within Elvendale (such as the places mentioned on the website, i.e. Enki Island, Venti High Hill, Red Mountain, Forest of Deep Secrets), to name a few. There are loads of possibilities. In any case, whatever Lego decides to do, I'm sure it will be great; they have done amazingly with this theme so far. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Couldn't agree more, OmShanti :) having only just come out of my "dark ages" to be there for the beginning of this theme is very exciting, and I hope we get more episodes this year (the thought of possible winter sets being in said episodes has me really excited). My girls would be beyond happy to have more episodes to watch also, I can't count how many times they've watched the first.

I know what you mean, I just happened to be looking through Ninjago for my son and came across this new theme coming out called Elves. It peaked my interest and brought me out of the dark ages myself. My son probably loves the show as much as your daughters do. He even asks me to sing the Elves song to him before bed most nights.

I hope we get more episodes too. It would be awesome if there are more sets slated for release this Winter, and they're featured in the episodes.

I also feel like the hint about episode 2 is weird. Suppose that the episode already covers all sets from 2015, I don't think episode 2 could do the same thing again. Is Episode 2 coming "soon" in 2016 or?

About the story itself, the artwork is good enough to represent the artistic conception of Elves world, but it still lacks several things. The fps quality is obviously not good enough to keep in line with other cartoons. In the last scene, Skyra's transformation in heart isn't very natural, and the big revealing is too sudden. Two pilot episodes could allow more details between character relatinoships even if the writers don't have to add other things.

I would expect the Elves world (Elvendale) to introduce more generic and minor characters that also affect the storyline like the Ninjago characters do. Much like Johhny's case, the fact that not many other known elves live around the world make characters' existence abrupt. Beside the untold places on the map, I'd like to see some Elven tribes and houses to be introduced.

Edited by Dorayaki

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the video and realized that I need the spa. It has a gameboard that looks like a 9 Man Morris board. It would go well in my doll's travel case for the SCA. She already has Lego gold goblets and plates as well as a rapier.

So I was right about more episodes! YAY!

Can't wait for anything future bring- whetever more movies or new sets!

I just adore this setting!

Finally!

OMG, yay! This makes me so happy. I had watched it when it aired on TV, but now I can force my bf to watch with me. :) Thanks for sharing the link.

Well. Look like I can get my sister onto something else. (My suggestions got her watching Monster High...)

A series doesn't necessarily have to focus on sets all the time. A story to sell the concept that features the characters is just as useful. Continued success means more sets.

Watched the special, it does the job but hardly sets the world afire. Hopefully the follow ups will be less rushed. I like the voicework, though.

I agree the voicework is great. Ashleigh Ball (My Little Pony: Rainbow Dash, Applejack) is the voice of four characters. Aira, obviously. Also, Emily, Skyra, & Mrs. Jones.

17067882215_5a050c6c3f_z.jpg

My review of 41073 Naida's Epic Adventure Ship has been posted to The New Elementary! Check it out here!

Now that is a thorough review! Thank you!

A bit off topic, but is anyone else disappointed that Lego Dimensions does not include Elves? It seems perfect for the "Dimensions" theme... Ah well, there's always next year.

Well, my wife surprised me with Naida's Epic Adventure Ship, and I must say that I really like the designs and am fairly impressed with the fairly advanced build techniques. I also really like the minidolls (is it wrong that I kinda want Aira's dress in real life?). I am planning to convert it into a light cargo ship (along the lines of a shinier version of the African Queen)/Barge hauler plying its way from one of the Elven colonies in Trindidad, Yucutan or St. Kitts through the various ports in the Caribbean League & even as far as Lone Star, the Federal Republic & New Jersey.

Until then, it's sitting in the "shipyard" until I get inspired to start modifying it. ;)