I just noticed that the LEGO Elves site now has a character page for Skyra! I wasn't sure whether to expect one since there was none for Johnny so I didn't know if maybe they were only going to have pages for the main characters.

There's also a new video, but it's just scenes cut from "Elves Got Talent" with audio from "If You Dare to Believe". And a new quiz themed sort of around "Elves Got Talent".

The first LEGO Elves chapter book comes out next week! I definitely plan to get it, along with the new Bionicle chapter book and maybe the new Ninjago guide book that are coming out the same day.

Edited by Aanchir

Has anyone gotten the castle yet?

Yes. I bought it on the S@H site August 3rd. Built the bottom half that night and the upper half the next day. It's quite nice, lots of little details. Now the only set I haven't purchased is the pegasus sleigh. That will have to be after my son's birthday, because he needs Lego too. :wink:

Yes. I bought it on the S@H site August 3rd. Built the bottom half that night and the upper half the next day. It's quite nice, lots of little details. Now the only set I haven't purchased is the pegasus sleigh. That will have to be after my son's birthday, because he needs Lego too. :wink:

I finally get to order my set tomorrow. It's my birthday present to me. :sweet:

My brother and I built the Pegasus Sleigh recently. It's a fantastic build! The function is just as fun and satisfying as the functions of the 2012 Ninjago vehicles.

It'd be REALLY cool if some time in the future LEGO Dimensions got LEGO Elves fun packs or a team pack with Naida, Aira, the Adventure Ship, and the Pegasus Sleigh! I wonder what kinds of other vehicles we might expect from LEGO Elves in the future. I know there's probably not as much room for vehicles in a fantasy theme like LEGO Elves as in a science-fantasy theme like Ninjago, but the two we've gotten so far have me craving more fun and rewarding builds like them!

Not sure when we'll be getting the Sky Castle. It's a must-have on our wish list, but we're waiting for some kind of sale or deal that will also let us get some of the Ninjago sets from our wish list at the same time.

On another note, I just finished reading the first LEGO Elves chapter book by Stacia Deutsch. It's a great read! It goes into a lot more detail than there was time for in the 22-minute TV special, including a lot of detail about Emily's family. The scenes in the Sky Castle are also a lot more action-packed and really give us a better sense of how powerful Skyra's magic is. I often skip the LEGO Ninjago chapter books that are just straight adaptations of the TV series, but in this case I feel like the adaptation has a LOT to offer beyond what was already seen in the TV special.

I might have to get myself a copy of that chapter book then, sounds intriguing. Got the Pegasus Sleigh last week, which completes my current elves collection. Now I just have to save for the new year when new sets are released.

So in Poland we got 1st comic at the start of the month. Nothing special, but we get Farran's panther and the next month- the fox. I really hope for baby dragon! :D

New behind-the-scenes video! A little over three minutes long, it goes into the set design, character design, graphic design, illustration, voice acting, and animation of the LEGO Elves sets and media.

No narration or interviews or anything like that, but it does leave me really wanting a LEGO Elves art book... and a soundtrack! Probably not realistic to expect either of those things less than one year in, but maybe if the theme expands in the years to come we might be lucky enough to get these sorts of things!

New behind-the-scenes video! A little over three minutes long, it goes into the set design, character design, graphic design, illustration, voice acting, and animation of the LEGO Elves sets and media.

No narration or interviews or anything like that, but it does leave me really wanting a LEGO Elves art book... and a soundtrack! Probably not realistic to expect either of those things less than one year in, but maybe if the theme expands in the years to come we might be lucky enough to get these sorts of things!

Sweet! These behind the scenes vids seem to be happening all across action and adventure themes. Hoping to see more!

Awesome! And I spy a LEGO Indiana Jones minifigure sculpture on the table! Nice to see my favorite non-droid Lucasfilm character is still remembered in LEGO's halls... :cry_happy:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

So in Poland we got 1st comic at the start of the month. Nothing special, but we get Farran's panther and the next month- the fox. I really hope for baby dragon! :D

You're so lucky, I'm so jealous. It came out in other places too, except for where I live. I don't understand why Lego magazines aren't available in the US. I would buy them and I'm sure many others would too. I wish I knew someone in the UK who could help me obtain a copy. I adore the little panther set that comes with it.

You're so lucky, I'm so jealous. It came out in other places too, except for where I live. I don't understand why Lego magazines aren't available in the US. I would buy them and I'm sure many others would too. I wish I knew someone in the UK who could help me obtain a copy. I adore the little panther set that comes with it.

I bought a copy of this magazine, including the poly, off eBay. There are still a bunch for sale there.

I bought a copy of this magazine, including the poly, off eBay. There are still a bunch for sale there.

I only saw a few for sale there. I felt that the shipping was a bit much though on the ones available.

Just spent yesterday building the Sky Castle. What an amazing set! I love the colors—not just the tans and magentas and purples, but also subtle things like the Bright Yellowish Green "stripes" that wind around the walls of the castle. The stickered details are also fantastic—I especially love the cute portrait of Skyra and Emily's grandmother from when they were kids!

Don't know if someone already posted this, I didn't see it:

But: Groovebricks.com posted a price and set list for 2016, including Elves:

Elves

• Emily Jones and the Wind Dragon Baby (41171) – EUR 9.99
  • Water Dragon Adventure (41172) – EUR 24.99
  • Elvendale Dragon School (41173) – EUR 19.99
  • Starlight Inn (41174) – EUR 29.99
  • Fire Dragon Lava Cave (41175) – EUR 39.99
  • The Secret Marketplace (41176) – EUR 59.99

So this means the theme and story will continue, I couldn't be happier right now.

Judging from the set names I think we're gonna seen more of the world of Elvendale, 'Starlight Inn' and 'Secret Market' must mean we'll see a sort of village or town.

And the story's going to involve dragons!!

What do you guys make of this.

Link to the page:

Just spent yesterday building the Sky Castle. What an amazing set! I love the colors—not just the tans and magentas and purples, but also subtle things like the Bright Yellowish Green "stripes" that wind around the walls of the castle. The stickered details are also fantastic—I especially love the cute portrait of Skyra and Emily's grandmother from when they were kids!

I have mine and haven't had time to build it- stupid real life and being an adult. Maybe this weekend....

I bought and build the Magical Bakery this afternoon. I think it is a beautiful set with a beautiful color palette. I love all the little details, such as the dough.

I bought and build the Magical Bakery this afternoon. I think it is a beautiful set with a beautiful color palette. I love all the little details, such as the dough.

I agree! It was fun and makes me smile when i see it on my play mat.

Just got to open my "Treehouse" set, and wow, it is gorgeous! Very cleverly designed! The swiveling foliage was a delightful surprise! I like the set so much that I feel guilty that I only bought it for parts and am going to take it apart. The build is really a lot more attractive in person than it is even in the art, surprisingly, and the art is great! You get a real sense of fantasy elvish settlements from the set, and there are a myriad of clever tiny details! I thoroughly enjoyed the build and final product. Also it doubles my collection of dark red. :laugh:

My one complaint is that the set would have been perfect if there were no stickers for the pillows. Those swirly designs should have been printed in my ideal world, but I understand the cost issues at play, and a few of the stickers I'm glad were not printed, like the food sign and the picture (which is a nice sticker, though)

Also the very first plate you set down is black and it's just for placement, but why is it black? Why not brown or green or any other colour that fits the colour scheme? I'm forgetting exactly what size it was, but the set also has a couple 1-6 dark greens. Why not just throw in another one of those? I was slightly bothered by that. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Regarding the stickers, that's what irks me as well. We get one printed round tile for the earth symbol, but we need to apply four stickers for the cushions? Oh well...

Regarding the stickers, that's what irks me as well. We get one printed round tile for the earth symbol, but we need to apply four stickers for the cushions? Oh well...

Often in these situations it's a matter of how many sets will use the element in question, not how many of that element appear per set. The Earth icon appears in at least 3 sets, and will also be used for the bracelet that comes with the activity book. 2x2 round cushions do appear in several Elves sets, but they have different colors and patterns depending on the color scheme of the set in question.

One thing I love about the cushions in LEGO Elves is that the printed creases on each sticker make aligning them fairly easy, moreso than with some other round stickers I've had to apply in the past. The stickers for the bakery's sign, for instance, were a lot tougher for me to apply straight because they don't have markings pointing in all four cardinal directions.

I just bought the second issue of the Elves magazine in our local bookshop. It has a poly bag with Flamy and a small stand in pink, yellow and grey with a trans blue bottle with trans pink heart on top and a yellow hairbrush. No news on future sets in the magazine.