I agree, the music and graphics are stellar. That mini score is pretty epic. I'm glad they didn't include the voices or the theme song. (A bit too catchy for my liking.)

The app does leaves me wanting more though, as it is fairly quick to get through the story, and then repetitive if you want to learn all the 'secrets'.

I love your idea about a corrupted forest! I can totally envision something like that being incorporated into the Elves world. If LEGO doesn't make something like this, I might have to modify some sets to create my own corrupted Elvendale :devil: . Thanks for the idea, haha.

Thinking about a corrupted forest, here's a quick PhotoShop of my envisioning of the forest's "metamorphosis" to evil. Oh my, really really hoping this happens.

16664234226_e19e12f59b_c.jpg

(Source image from the app)

Edited by legozebra

What? Did you use Van Gogh's Starry Night?

No, although lots of visuals in the app do look like it!

Could someone please post a screenshot of these new swords?

Here's some of the swords and other possible weapons, as found in the app:

At Skyra's castle there is sword with an ornate handle:

myscreenshot_2_02-03-15.png

Around Azari's bakery there is a scythe and a fancy bronze axe. (There is also a generic wood cutting axe, not shown) :

myscreenshot_1_02-03-15.png

By Aira's windmill you can find a mallet, which no doubt relates to her tinkering, but could double as a weapon:

myscreenshot_6_02-03-15.png

In addition to the sword shown in the first image there is also what I thought looks like a large two-handed sword. I guess it could also be a fancy butter knife as there were spoons and forks found around the castle.

myscreenshot_3_02-03-15.png

I didn't see any weapons at Farran's Hollow. I did see rope near Naida's ship, which is the closest thing to weapon/tool I suppose.

Edited by Iria

Thanks for the upload. It would be somewhat ironic if the super girly theme produced the most detailled swords. Nice questioning of gender borders and all that.

Incidentally, the Yellow Brick Edition of the March–April LEGO Club Magazine has a detailed feature on LEGO Elves. I'm always impressed with the depth of the reading material in the Yellow Brick edition.

According to the quiz on page four, I'm a wind elf!

I believe the show airs on Disney Channel tomorrow it actually airs next Monday the 9th, it just says "Elves" on the guide. I will be watching the second showing since I'll be at school

Edited by refriedbeans

Incidentally, the Yellow Brick Edition of the March–April LEGO Club Magazine has a detailed feature on LEGO Elves. I'm always impressed with the depth of the reading material in the Yellow Brick edition.

According to the quiz on page four, I'm a wind elf!

"Yellow Brick Edition"? What's this?

"Yellow Brick Edition"? What's this?

In the United States, LEGO has three separate magazines. Their Red Brick edition is the classic LEGO Club Magazine, covering most of their themes including more "grown-up" sets like the Technic and Mindstorms themes or the new Helicarrier from LEGO Super Heroes, but usually not including girl-oriented themes.

Their Green Brick edition, or "LEGO Club Junior", is targeted towards younger kids, featuring a lower reading level, simpler building instructions, and activities like coloring pages that appeal to a younger audience. It still covers many themes but focuses on sets that will be at the building level of younger kids, including some from girl-oriented themes like LEGO Friends and LEGO Disney Princess.

The Yellow Brick edition is a shorter insert that covers girl-oriented themes specifically, and girls who subscribe to LEGO Club Magazine receive both the Red Brick and Yellow Brick editions as part of their subscription. I've noticed that material from the Yellow Brick edition is often more reading-intensive than material from the other two editions.

All three editions are also available digitally on the LEGO Club website, along with some special theme-specific inserts like the BIONICLE insert and Star Wars insert from the January-February issue or the Ninjago insert from the current issue.

Edited by Aanchir

So... They are, like, benders and Emily Jones is, like, the new Avatar? Ad the Elves must, like, teach her how to bend all four elements? :grin:

I must say I really like the looks of this theme! So magical...

In the United States, LEGO has three separate magazines. [snip]

The Yellow Brick edition is a shorter insert that covers girl-oriented themes specifically, and girls who subscribe to LEGO Club Magazine receive both the Red Brick and Yellow Brick editions as part of their subscription. I've noticed that material from the Yellow Brick edition is often more reading-intensive than material from the other two editions.

It's not just USA; the UK gets a 28-page Yellow Brick edition.

:classic:

It's not just USA; the UK gets a 28-page Yellow Brick edition.

:classic:

Nice! I was mostly sharing about the US because it's what I knew the specifics of. I think in some countries, the Yellow Brick edition is a full magazine, but in the US it's just an insert that comes packed with the regular magazine.

Just looked through some of the UK editions, and they're very cool! I like that the UK Yellow Brick magazine for January 2015 got an Elves teaser on the last page. That's one disadvantage of the US Yellow Brick edition being just an insert rather than a full magazine — there's not a lot of room for teasers of that sort, since it has to fit the content related to the current sets on fewer pages. I wonder if the March issue over there might have even more LEGO Elves info than we got over here.

In the United States, LEGO has three separate magazines. Their Red Brick edition is the classic LEGO Club Magazine, covering most of their themes including more "grown-up" sets like the Technic and Mindstorms themes or the new Helicarrier from LEGO Super Heroes, but usually not including girl-oriented themes.

Their Green Brick edition, or "LEGO Club Junior", is targeted towards younger kids, featuring a lower reading level, simpler building instructions, and activities like coloring pages that appeal to a younger audience. It still covers many themes but focuses on sets that will be at the building level of younger kids, including some from girl-oriented themes like LEGO Friends and LEGO Disney Princess.

All three editions are also available digitally on the LEGO Club website, along with some special theme-specific inserts like the BIONICLE insert and Star Wars insert from the January-February issue or the Ninjago insert from the current issue.

My son (age 7) Got the Ninjago insert this month and has been picking it up to read over and over this month except when we make him read something a bit more meaty.

Thanks for the explication of the different versions of the magazine. I was eagerly waiting until my daughter is old enough to subscribe so I can read the Friend stuff too! And its good to know its online

BTW How did you find these links? I don't see anywhere they advertise the online versions of magazines.

Edited by Sarah

My son (age 7) Got the Ninjago insert this month and has been picking it up to read over and over this month except when we make him read something a bit more meaty.

Thanks for the explication of the different versions of the magazine. I was eagerly waiting until my daughter is old enough to subscribe so I can read the Friend stuff too! And its good to know its online

BTW How did you find these links? I don't see anywhere they advertise the online versions of magazines.

It's all on the LEGO Club Website! I believe you might need to be signed in with a LEGO ID that is tied to a LEGO Club Magazine subscription to get into the "LEGO Club HQ" section. Once you're in, just click the "Magazines" tab at the top and it will take you to a page where you can find these and other digital magazines.

OkI have some interesting info. Recently in friends magazinewe get Elves leaflet. Descriptions of places, mainelves, basic comic how story goes...And... at the end it says "And how it will end? Watch the Episodes on Lego.com/elves"

It's can be translator error (there are few) but it make meso excited! What if the first "movie" was just first episode? :cry_happy:

Edited by Lordofdragonss

OkI have some interesting info. Recently in friends magazinewe get Elves leaflet. Descriptions of places, mainelves, basic comic how story goes...And... at the end it says "And how it will end? Watch the Episodes on Lego.com/elves"

It's can be translator error (there are few) but it make meso excited! What if the first "movie" was just first episode? :cry_happy:

I'm pretty sure it will be! But at the same time, it's hard to say just which direction the story might go from there, let alone how long it might be before new episodes start to show up. After all, "Unite the Magic" basically covers the entire 2015 story as far as sets are concerned.

Bear in mind that when the original two-episode Ninjago TV special was posted online, it was broken up into four episodes. So "Way of the Ninja" became "Way of the Ninja" and "The Golden Weapon", and "King of Shadows" became "King of Shadows" and "Weapons of Destiny". It might be a similar situation here, with "Unite the Magic" being broken up into two eleven-minute episodes for the website after initially airing on TV as a 22-minute special.

I'm definitely excited to see where the story goes from here and what new web content might be showing up in the future!

Oh, also, the other day, they finally fixed the "Meet the Characters" and "Explore Elvendale" features on the LEGO Elves home page. "Meet the Characters" doesn't offer a whole lot of new information, though it does offer some great pictures and rhymes. "Explore Elvendale" gives us some more awesome pictures and information as well as some new place names. The parts of the Elvendale map that correspond to the summer sets are not yet clickable, so that's something to look forward to in the months to come. None of the sets focus on the Desertlands, Ivy Beach, or the Highland of Helyan, so I wonder if they might be explored in future years.

I am nervous about the whole storyline being represented in these sets. I really want this theme to continue!