Looks like my local stores would put them on the shelves right on March....... really expect to get these.

I was going to be sad that we got a hat instead of the marvelous hair! But we got both. YAY!

I know, I think it's so great that they gave us the option to have the hat or the hair. My only qualm about the hat that is when you put it on "Johnny Baker," he doesn't look like an elf.

Indeed. That hat is bothering for minidolls. Bakery sets from Friends didn't use that too. In that standard, I don't think the holiday elves from Santa's Workshop needed the ears. :p

I'm not really sure about having two colors for Farran hairstyle in the same wave instead of just recoloring an old elf hairpiece for the diversity of the related characters, although it does give a favor to some MOCs.

I think that chef hat needed the elf ears... he doesn't look like an elf while wearing the hat.

I love the 2 colored Azari hairpiece, sadly, the ears ruin it for others purposes

Thanks for the review. I guess we can pretend the chef's hat hides the ears due to food safety regulations. :classic:

Thanks for the review. I guess we can pretend the chef's hat hides the ears due to food safety regulations. :classic:

You mean... 'elf and safety regulations...?

I'm sorry I couldn't resist that joke...

:tongue:

The LEGO Elves website has had a major update! I made a list of most of the new content right here!

Wow! It's actually really great... Now I'm really pumped for the episode (missed it the first time it was accidentally released)

The music isn't bad either -- It's certainly way more original than Friends and it's on the same caliber as even Ninjago. I'm liking the direction Elves is going.

Dangit, now I have that music permanently stuck in my head. IT'S SO CATCHY :tongue:

The more times I listen to it, the more I like it. It gives a good break from hearing "Ninjago! Ninjago! Ninjago!" repeated over and over in all the songs I listen to ;)

Seems like Emily's going to be the Ma-Ti of the group. :tongue:

I really hope that we get some bad guys at some point. Marketing seems to forget that girls can handle conflict, and I'd love if after this wave we got a more adventurous direction. I'd love to have a big sprawling castle for a villain, like some twisted, gothic fairy tale castle in blacks, greys, and dark reds, kind of like the Vampyre Castle but instead of just being creepy, the set has a sense of lost beauty. Almost like if you changed the colour scheme and removed some trap like play features it would work as a fairy tale castle. :wub:

Seems like Emily's going to be the Ma-Ti of the group. :tongue:

I really hope that we get some bad guys at some point. Marketing seems to forget that girls can handle conflict, and I'd love if after this wave we got a more adventurous direction. I'd love to have a big sprawling castle for a villain, like some twisted, gothic fairy tale castle in blacks, greys, and dark reds, kind of like the Vampyre Castle but instead of just being creepy, the set has a sense of lost beauty. Almost like if you changed the colour scheme and removed some trap like play features it would work as a fairy tale castle. :wub:

I'd like some antagonists in a future wave as well, but I don't know if they have to fit the "evil ruler" archetype. I'd be just as happy with a character kind of like Sam Sinister/Baron von Barron in the Adventurers theme: a morally-deficient rival who cares more about personal gain than virtue.

I'd like some antagonists in a future wave as well, but I don't know if they have to fit the "evil ruler" archetype. I'd be just as happy with a character kind of like Sam Sinister/Baron von Barron in the Adventurers theme: a morally-deficient rival who cares more about personal gain than virtue.

They did mention in Emily Jones's bio that her grandmother read one of the five sisters who swore to defend the portal... Defend from what? Skull Spiders, that's what. I jest, but to me this is a hint of villains to come.

Daughters and I have been playing with the app all afternoon :). Looking forward to getting all the sets, though most sure when that will be as this months lego purchase has been the parisian restaurant

Not sure if you guys seen this but apparently there is a playmat for play and displaying the pieces. I am going to try and get one to display my Elves sets

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Elves-Playmat-851341?fromListing=listing

Saw that last night. Pretty cool! I especially like how it looks like if you buy two, the river side on one will line up perfectly with the ocean side on the other.

The app has finally been added to the US app store, so I just spent some time playing through the Izdur Ocean and Sparkle Rock levels. It's definitely pretty fun, and I like the beautiful graphics and immersive environments (as well as the puzzle gameplay), although I would love a game with more storytelling. Maybe if we're lucky there might eventually be some more in-depth online games or video games.

Edited by Aanchir

They did mention in Emily Jones's bio that her grandmother read one of the five sisters who swore to defend the portal... Defend from what? Skull Spiders, that's what. I jest, but to me this is a hint of villains to come.

I was skeptical that LEGO would be bold enough to introduce some actual bad guys to this Elves line however they have hinted at some kind of villain(s) and the need to defend Elvendale and the portal as legozebra noted above. Also, if you check out the app, you'll notice there are weapons including axes and a variety of swords that are lying around the ground along with the other, more commonly found items of the sets (gems, animals, desserts, jewelry, etc.). Hopefully these weapons were placed in reference to whatever story arc they will be doing following the summer wave.

Just got the app. The musical score completely blew me away! That plus a combination of beautiful visuals and striking colors makes it one of the best LEGO apps made in my opinion... It even reminded me of MNOLG! Also, the stunning castle visual on the last page is my favorite; because the app has a screen shot feature it is now my computer background!

I was skeptical that LEGO would be bold enough to introduce some actual bad guys to this Elves line however they have hinted at some kind of villain(s) and the need to defend Elvendale and the portal as legozebra noted above. Also, if you check out the app, you'll notice there are weapons including axes and a variety of swords that are lying around the ground along with the other, more commonly found items of the sets (gems, animals, desserts, jewelry, etc.). Hopefully these weapons were placed in reference to whatever story arc they will be doing following the summer wave.

Those swords are actually very superbly detailed... Here's hope to new sword molds!

I haven't seen the episode yet as I missed the leak, but at the end of the game it shows EJ getting home. Perhaps the next arc focuses on how she has to return to defend the elves? Perhaps she gets an emergency transmission by one of them or something, and when she returns, evil has taken over most of Elvendale. I imagine a corrupted forest type setting.

Edited by legozebra

Just got the app. The musical score completely blew me away! That plus a combination of beautiful visuals and striking colors makes it one of the best LEGO apps made in my opinion... It even reminded me of MNOLG! Also, the stunning castle visual on the last page is my favorite; because the app has a screen shot feature it is now my computer background!

I agree, the music and graphics are stellar. That mini score is pretty epic. I'm glad they didn't include the voices or the theme song. (A bit too catchy for my liking.)

The app does leaves me wanting more though, as it is fairly quick to get through the story, and then repetitive if you want to learn all the 'secrets'.

I haven't seen the episode yet as I missed the leak, but at the end of the game it shows EJ getting home. Perhaps the next arc focuses on how she has to return to defend the elves? Perhaps she gets an emergency transmission by one of them or something, and when she returns, evil has taken over most of Elvendale. I imagine a corrupted forest type setting.

I love your idea about a corrupted forest! I can totally envision something like that being incorporated into the Elves world. If LEGO doesn't make something like this, I might have to modify some sets to create my own corrupted Elvendale :devil: . Thanks for the idea, haha.