And here I am just nerding that the skirt/dress in white with the gold printing looks like Rapunzel's Wedding Dress...

(Look, I'm not all ninjas and explosions people!)

And here I am just nerding that the skirt/dress in white with the gold printing looks like Rapunzel's Wedding Dress...

It does look like a wedding dress. At least, more than the random one from Heartlake Shopping Mall. :tongue:

NINJAGO's cartoon visually occupied by vehicles? Other than the Destiny's Bounty, it isn't. Most vehicles get trashed immediately after they first come in, or are just never seen again (Lloyd's Jungle Raider, Earth Drill, all Skulkin vehicles, etc).

You're also making a very broad assumption, especially seeing as NINJAGO has a sizable female portion of its fanbase.

I can see this, and I don't deny there are obvious female fanbase. My point is that its main product doesn't relate to the major girl market and I'm not sure the female fanbase are also consumers at the same time, so a new theme with female protagonists is predictable. I just hope that it would reach Ninjago's popularity one day. Edited by Dorayaki

I'm pretty sure those are silver... not sure they'll fit your needs as well (not that I'm any less excited).

You are right. Silver is also ok. I am just glad for every Elves part that isn't glittering.

I wish Farran was in the castle, just because it could use one more figure imo.

At least put a generic elf (like a guard or something for Skyra) in there, like they did for the bakery. I really, really hope we get more characters, especially antagonists. The series won't do well if they aren't willing to commit to the fantasy of it, instead of just leaving it as "Friends with pointy ears." Girls like good guys vs. bad guys, too.

That's a SWEET Castle. Enough to make me stop and think. Do we want the Frozen castle or the Elves one? I may decide on the Elves one. By the time my daughter is old enough to really play with these, Frozen is not going to be as big a deal but Elves might still be around.

The castle is must buy indeed! Sand/tan is my favorite Lego color, and here there is TONS of tan bricks and SO MANY GLORIOUS CAPES! The fact that castle connects the routes of other elements is such a neat idea!

Even if I think many of friends-animals are ugly, the dragon and owl look charming! I also adore that "wingmill" build!

Can't wait to mod normal white horses for my own pegasi!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Just2good: thanks for a fantastic review with great pics! To answer your question about the jumper plate in the top of the tree: I think it's where the squirrel can perch and hurl insults at all who enter his domain. At least, that's what the squirrels in our yard do...

I love how they used ice cream tops as acorns for his ammo.

At least put a generic elf (like a guard or something for Skyra) in there, like they did for the bakery. I really, really hope we get more characters, especially antagonists. The series won't do well if they aren't willing to commit to the fantasy of it, instead of just leaving it as "Friends with pointy ears." Girls like good guys vs. bad guys, too.

Agreed. There really does need to be more characters in this series, even generic ones. I am really liking the look of these sets, but don't want a ton of duplicates of only a few characters.

I'm not sure where they will take this series and if LEGO is yet willing to include true anatagonists - 'Girly' sets tend to have situational dilemmas rather than character antagonists. There is certainly room to expand this fantasy-inspired series to have some sort bad guy, but I strongly doubt there would be any standard weapons (bows, swords). Maybe there could at least be "battles" using the elves' magic and the environment (ex A wind using her power to blow a boulder off a cliff, which knocks over the bad guy).

I can hardly wait for this theme to drop in March. Only problem is that more and more of the Elves sets are looking great and I'm already planning on getting a bunch of Ninjago...decisions, decisions. That Brickset review convined me that I do want that set after all, which makes...just about every set this wave except for the Bakery that interests me? I may have to end up skipping the boat for now since I'll be getting Aira and Nadia in the smaller sets. Will probably also skip the Hollow set since I want to get the treehouse and that comes with Farran...No doubt I'll probably end up going back to them, though! All these sets have amazing parts and I really would like to own all of them.

Except the bakery, again. That one really doesn't speak to me at all. Which is probably for the best...

Edited by barnstench fartface

I'm pretty excited about this too! & am planning on getting them all, but really looking forward to the castle being released.

In other news, that short trailer from before has now made it's way to Lego's Youtube channel...

Calling it now, that lady with the wings next to Emily in the final scene is her grandmother. :tongue:

Edited by AyliffeMakit

My 10 year old daughter loves Lego, but she hates the "friends" style minifigs. She likes regular minifigs better, that's why she likes lotr and hobbit sets over the friends sets. Does anyone else notice this? She would love this line, if it had regular minifigs...

My 10 year old daughter loves Lego, but she hates the "friends" style minifigs. She likes regular minifigs better, that's why she likes lotr and hobbit sets over the friends sets. Does anyone else notice this? She would love this line, if it had regular minifigs...

I've heard about some girls who hate the mini-dolls and some who love them. But of course, it has to be remembered that part of the reason for the mini-doll was to bring NEW girls into the LEGO hobby, so girls who could already find joy in existing LEGO themes are not necessarily who they are targeted at.

For me, the type of figures does not dictate whether a theme is good or bad. After all, one of my favorite themes is BIONICLE, which is at an entirely different scale than any type of minifigure or mini-doll. I also loved the Exo-Force theme, which used the same minifigure parts as other themes but had an entirely different design language for their faces. So I tend to judge themes on their individual merits and not on whether their characters are compatible with ones from other themes.

I do like that we're getting more mini-doll themes because it multiplies the versatility of existing mini-doll parts from a customization standpoint.

In other news, that short trailer from before has now made it's way to Lego's Youtube channel...

Calling it now, that lady with the wings next to Emily in the final scene is her grandmother. :tongue:

Maybe... but that sounds suspiciously similar to the final episode of Galidor. :tongue:

Edited by Lyichir

http://i.imgur.com/dwrU6Bv.jpg

Wow. Skyra's castle is amazing! $80 is a really good price point I think, too.

Colors are great. Anyone notice the round portal on the castle looks like the portal in the Atlantis set? Except it is light trans-blue instead of trans-blue.

Despite this beng a mini-doll theme, I've resolved to purchase the treetop hideaway and creative workshop at least, though suffice to say I think I will be passing on the mini-dolls to other people as, despite the fact I'm female, I'm not a fan of them. And there's so many parts in the theme that I want to get my hands on. May I ask actually,apart from Skyra's castle which I can see has all of them, can somebody tell me if the 4 keys all appear elsewhere? I'm looking at the set pictures and I can see all of them except the Wind key, is that only in the big castle set or is it in another set also?

Oh, and if anybody in the UK is looking for them, they are apparently in LEGO Stores according to my friend, and he's already got a few of them. But I think that was posted about on Brickset a while ago (originally reported by my friend also), I'm surprised nobody here mentioned it to be honest!

Anyone notice the round portal on the castle looks like the portal in the Atlantis set? Except it is light trans-blue instead of trans-blue.

Yup, noticed the similarity straight away :wink:

Your daughter belongs to another generation, of those who started to play with regular minifigures. My daughter is 7. Got her first friends at 4yo. All her friends and herself love it.

The elfes brings another perspective to their playing: the ludical element added. She will have another story and substract to add in her fantasy. TLC is really checking all the boxes for girls. My daughter and friends have a new collection to follow, the new ones still have Friends, with improved relaunched sets, hair salon is the best example.

I like the colors and the designs of this theme, but my only problem is the Minidolls, their well designed, but they just don't fit into the regular Lego Universe, what I mean is I couldn't see these elves visiting the Castle Theme or any other themes with Minifigures because it would look to weird, could you see Emmet (from the Lego Movie) talking to these elves without it looking like Toy Story.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Despite this beng a mini-doll theme, I've resolved to purchase the treetop hideaway and creative workshop at least, though suffice to say I think I will be passing on the mini-dolls to other people as, despite the fact I'm female, I'm not a fan of them. And there's so many parts in the theme that I want to get my hands on. May I ask actually,apart from Skyra's castle which I can see has all of them, can somebody tell me if the 4 keys all appear elsewhere? I'm looking at the set pictures and I can see all of them except the Wind key, is that only in the big castle set or is it in another set also?

The wind key also comes in Aira's Pegasus Sleigh. So it's in both of the summer sets.

The wind key also comes in Aira's Pegasus Sleigh. So it's in both of the summer sets.

Thanks. I'll have to wait until Summer to complete the key collection then. I was kind of hoping I could get all 4 in the sets just coming out. But I know Ninjago did something similar with the dragon sword in it's first year so I guess it's not a big surprise!

Maybe... but that sounds suspiciously similar to the final episode of Galidor. :tongue:

Except without the bad CGI, awful acting and that pointless cliffhanger which was never actually solved...

But yeah, other than all that it's completely the same. :tongue:

I like the colors and the designs of this theme, but my only problem is the Minidolls, their well designed, but they just don't fit into the regular Lego Universe, what I mean is I couldn't see these elves visiting the Castle Theme or any other themes with Minifigures because it would look to weird, could you see Emmet (from the Lego Movie) talking to these elves without it looking like Toy Story.

I've seen both minidolls and minifigures in some of the MOCs on this board and they don't look ludicrous at all. It looks like real people. Some taller. Some shorter. Some wider. Some thinner.