Wow, multiple red apples in this theme. It's like whatever apple tree blight killed off everything but Granny Smiths in the LEGO Universe has either finally been eradicated, or never made it to the land of Elves.

Thanks for the pics, Aanchir! I'm definitely looking forward to acquiring the boat (is it just me, or do I detect heavy inspiration from Galadriel's swan boat in Lord of the Rungs?). I also like the new layered skirt mold that the platinum-haired elf is wearing, and hope to maybe see it in future Friends sets in different colors. :)

Blondie-Wan: I know! I say it's about time we get more red apples: Green cooking apples are all well & good, but they don't taste that good when you eat them raw (trust me, i've tried). Still that comment made me giggle.

Edited by Hikaro Takayama

Update: cache.LEGO.com now has many more Elves pics in high resolution, including the finalized box pics!

There's also now a "Coming Soon" page on shop.LEGO.com! Some of the links don't work, but it's still pretty cool! http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Elves

EDIT: And a detailed

from Nuremberg Toy Fair! Edited by Aanchir

Wow! I'm looking at these high res photos, and I just now noticed that the boat has one of those wonderful new fence pieces in gold. (In the back of the ship, just below the telescope.) I'm even more excited to pick one up now.

These are now available at Amazon US:

Farran and the Crystal Hollow: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Elves-Farran-Crystal-Hollow/dp/B00NHQG1WA

Aira's Creative Workshop: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Elves-Airas-Creative-Workshop/dp/B00NHQG288

Naida's Epic Adventure Ship: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Elves-Naidas-Epic-Adventure/dp/B00NHQFWQ6

Azari's Magical Bakery: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Elves-Azari-Magical-Bakery/dp/B00NHQFZG8

The Elves Treetop Hideaway: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Elves-Treetop-Hideaway/dp/B00NHQFWS4

Wish they all had the high-res pics available. Some of them are still prelim art.

I'm hanging on until March for a trip to the LEGO Shop, then I can get the boat, the polybag double points :grin:

The artworks are pretty, but the different between these and figures turns me off alittle bit. The minidolls look pretty in their own way, but the details seem disjointed.

The cartoon is closer to the artworks, though the expressions look more cartoonic.

The Elves teaser site has been updated with a new video! It's labeled as a trailer... but it's 23 minutes long, so... yeah, it's the full animated special!

The pacing feels a little rushed at the very beginning, but it does start to find its groove a few minutes in. The music is fantastic.

EDIT: And now it's been taken down. Guess it wasn't supposed to go up so soon... still, glad I got to see it! I'm definitely satisfied with the storytelling and the production quality. I do hope it ends up becoming a full series or at least an ongoing miniseries!

Edited by Aanchir

So there's just a one 23 min 'mini-movie'for this wave,like Hero Factory. I guess that's more than can be said about Bionicle so far,though.

I also like the new layered skirt mold that the platinum-haired elf is wearing, and hope to maybe see it in future Friends sets in different colors. :)

I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these Elves skirts. I already see one in the summer Friends rockstar subtheme, I think. The girl holding the guitar:

16196196529_f52e41a24e.jpg

The Elves teaser site is now updated with an 85-second trailer, which is probably what was supposed to be uploaded yesterday when the full 22-minute mini-movie turned up (since it has the same header text).

It's also been added to the LEGO.com videos page, though for some reason some of the older character videos seem to have been taken down from that site, perhaps by mistake.

I think Elves is a new LEGO theme directed at girls, and that is why they have the LEGO Friends mini-doll pieces. It will probably not have evil people. Chances are that the theme will not be like Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, so if you only like battles and swords, this is not a good theme for you. Maybe 2015 Pirates would suit you better.

I think Elves is a new LEGO theme directed at girls, and that is why they have the LEGO Friends mini-doll pieces. It will probably not have evil people. Chances are that the theme will not be like Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, so if you only like battles and swords, this is not a good theme for you. Maybe 2015 Pirates would suit you better.

It is a new LEGO theme directed at girls, we already have pictures...

I feel like you've only read the first few pages of this thread. :tongue:

In addition to what the poster above stated, there's no reason a theme aimed at girls can't have villains in a future wave. Other girls' toy brands (especially fantasy-based brands like Elves) often have villainous antagonists. My Little Pony, for example, is teeming with villains, and in fact an upcoming comics miniseries will be focused on various villains from the show's run. Heck, even Belville had its share of wicked witches and evil stepmothers in its fairytale-based sets.

I think at this point TLG,is just laying the groundwork for the story. If this does well I'm sure we will see some villains.

Edited by Darth Punk

Great, I've been sick for days and unable to watch :tongue: . Anyway, although I didn't expect to see a complete TV season treat for this new theme, I think this theme should have more stories to tell than Friends, the very ordinary modern life. It also reminds me that Atlantis made only one episode too, but I believe that one episode definitely can't make us get familiar with the main elves and pay for them.

Just based on the fact that other companies (Mattel, Hasbro) do include evil characters for their girls-oriented theme, I don't see why LEGO Elves can't. Even for those girls who already buy other LEGO sets with evil minifigrues. How does one single new theme blind their eyes?

In the case of LEGO Friends, which indeed had some "nasty" characters in their non-physical canon, this theme doesn't really allow to have any evil characters because they couldn't be as "evil" as those LEGO City criminals are. Elves, as the second original LEGO minidolls theme would have a better chance to include evil opponents in the future.

Also, as discussed above, LEGO only made several sets with one promotional story so they would not be able to include yet another original evil character to this theme this year, I assume.

The issue I (dis)agree with you is that we can still obtain the necessary fighting items for the Elves from other themes you mentioned. If LEGO can solve the minidoll-minifigure issue, it could have also allowed us to add some evil minifigures to be the Elves' opponents.

Edited by Dorayaki

Great, I've been sick for days and unable to watch :tongue: . Anyway, although I didn't expect to see a complete TV season treat for this new theme, I think this theme should have more stories to tell than Friends, the very ordinary modern life. It also reminds me that Atlantis made only one episode too, but I believe that one episode definitely can't make us get familiar with the main elves and pay for them.

Keep in mind that the initial Ninjago special was only about twice as long as this Elves special, and only got a full series in the second year. So it's not outside the realm of possibility that Elves might similarly get more content if the sets prove successful. Ninjago also got online mini-movies in the second half of the first year—perhaps Elves might see something similar, to help flesh out the characters a bit more.

Besides that, we know that at least one chapter book is due this year, most likely with more on the way.

OMG, I'm so glad Amazon has them (my boyfriend works there, so we get a discount). I immediately bought the Farran $15 set.

Keep in mind that the initial Ninjago special was only about twice as long as this Elves special, and only got a full series in the second year. So it's not outside the realm of possibility that Elves might similarly get more content if the sets prove successful. Ninjago also got online mini-movies in the second half of the first year—perhaps Elves might see something similar, to help flesh out the characters a bit more.

Besides that, we know that at least one chapter book is due this year, most likely with more on the way.

Just remembered one other potential source of story material we'll be getting: the Lego Elves mobile app. We still have no idea what that will entail but I'm hoping (perhaps in vain) for some sort of adventure game.

EDIT: And now, for some reason, the teaser site isn't loading for me. Perhaps they're updating to the full website? One can only hope.

Edited by Lyichir

Does anyone know when the Elves Castle is suppost to be released and on a different note, I agree with dorayaki, I wish the mini dolls were Minifigs, so you could have Orcs attacking Fairies and burning down their tree houses, I know TLG is trying to appeal to the Polly Pocket crowd, but couldn't TLG just make some neat looking Fairy Minifigs instead.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Does anyone know when the Elves Castle is suppost to be released and on a different note, I agree with dorayaki, I wish the mini dolls were Minifigs, so you could have Orcs attacking Fairies and burning down their tree houses, I know TLG is trying to appeal to the Polly Pocket crowd, but couldn't TLG just make some neat looking Fairy Minifigs instead.

The castle and the sleigh are rumored to be a summer release. not along with the spring wave.

As for the figures, Friends was a easier case since it's a wonderful building source for town collecters and figures could be secondary sometimes, however Elves is more about the characters(figures) like some other action themes are. I think it's indeed difficult for girls to create their own story outside the box via collecting other themes if LEGO doesn't encourage so.