I don't know if these have already come about or been mentioned, but we now have GBP prices for the Elves sets courtesy of Argos!

41071 Aira's Creative Workshop £9.99

41072 Naida's Spa Secret £17.99

41073 Naida's Epic adventure Ship £24.99

41074 Azari and the Magical Bakery £24.99

41075 The Elves' Treetop Hideaway £39.99

41076 Farran and the Crystal Hollow £12.99

These could probably be used to estimate other prices. I am surprised especially at how little the Elves Treetop Hideaway costs, I was expecting that to cost a lot more. I might actually pick it up at that price...

So, this Elves theme follows the "collecting things" trend just like Atlantis, Pharaoh Quest and Monster Fighters

And Ninjago, Power Miners, World racers and many more. Almost every newer action theme has things to collect...

Incidentally, the Elves sets are listed in the Argos catalog, and it seems like an early suspicion of mine was correct, and this theme will be aimed at a slightly higher age range than LEGO Friends or LEGO Disney Princess. All the sets down to the very smallest are marked as ages 7 and up, whereas Friends sets of comparable price are marked as ages five or up (for the smaller sets) or six and up (for the larger ones). Hopefully this will help the theme to better coexist with those other two themes.

If she is, that would be great! I'm hoping for either a new mold with the coat or an actual fabric cloak for her.

Judging from the figures in the Frozen set from the Disney Princess range, I imagine an actual fabric cloak is the more likely possibility there.

Anyway, Brickset has descriptions of the new Elves sets as they were displayed at London Toy Fair:

41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh (£35) - a sleigh hauled by two white horses with wings. There must have been more to it than that given the price but I can't recall. Comes with figures Azari and Aira.

41078 Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle (£75) - On a c.16x32 green baseplate, primarily tan but with plenty of purple and light purple/lavender pieces. Has some sort of portal in the front of it, presumably the way back for the human character, Emily, in the story. Comes with Naida, Emily and Sky Lady figures.

Sounds exciting! The castle is no Portal of Atlantis at that size, but it's still shaping up to be very impressive. I'm sure with a 16x32 footprint it could boast a lot of neat play features.

I'm guessing the Pegasus Sleigh will also include the hiding place of the air key, and the sky castle might include all four keys (similar to Portal of Atlantis, Vampyre Castle, Fire Temple, and Temple of Light, which all included all the magical artifacts for their respective theme/wave).

So an actor from MLP is in an animated series thing by Lego, just as I start watching (and enjoying) MLP? Hmmm....

8c6.gif

I couldn't help it... :tongue:

What's up with that report that the story will be driven on social media?The characters will have their own twitter accounts? Or maybe there will be web serials/blogs like during the latter years of Bionicle.

The Naida and Aira character videos have been posted to YouTube!

I'm definitely starting to notice what some people have mentioned about the lip movements and sound not matching up. Perhaps these were originally recorded in another language and dubbed into English?

From these videos, it seems like Aira is not just inventive, but also really perky and energetic. I actually like that, since that energy helps her to break from the shy nerd stereotype. Naida, by contrast, seems much more soft-spoken.

Farran & Emily up now too. Uh oh, apparently Farran (the only male) is a "leader"... cue sexism rant topic...

Anyway, I think it would be an interesting TV show.

So I'm wondering if they combine the keys does it summon Captain Planelf? And who has the heart key? :laugh:

Actually there are two male figures in the current crop of sets. One with brown hair and one with tan hair.

Actually there are two male figures in the current crop of sets. One with brown hair and one with tan hair.

Sorry should've clarified, I mean main character. The other guy is an "extra" although the only one in sets so far

I can see a pegasus in the pic of the castle. It has golden wings, hopefully because it's Skyra's special mount. I hope the other set has white pegasus wings that I can use on a regular lego horse, but it's possible this is from Aira's Pegasus Sleigh and the other horse and the sleigh are off camera.

Love the castle. It looks fantastic!

Cannot bear the sight of those figures or that winged horse, though.