Just two? I can't say I'm not a little disappointed. This theme seems to have all kinds of potential, but I'm a bit worried by how few sets there are, since that might lead the LEGO Group to invest less in its story media. At least we know we have an animation of some kind and a mobile app to look forward to... still, I hope it gets a more sizable profile in future years.

Yeah, I was expecting a few more too. But hey, maybe it's just a start into something big. It's a lot like the Ninjago 2014 lineup.

Yeah, I was expecting a few more too. But hey, maybe it's just a start into something big. It's a lot like the Ninjago 2014 lineup.

Yeah, I sure hope so. It just worries me a bit. It's normal for themes to start big and get smaller, but much rarer for themes to start small and get bigger.

As I recall, the Disney Princess line didn't get ANY additional sets last summer. So its got that beat for now.

I'm wondering how this Castle will compare to Elsa and Anna's castle.

As I recall, the Disney Princess line didn't get ANY additional sets last summer. So its got that beat for now.

I'm wondering how this Castle will compare to Elsa and Anna's castle.

I'm expecting it to be a considerably bigger "flagship set", maybe $70 or more. Presumably it will have all four keys, just like how the Portal to Atlantis set from LEGO Atlantis had all five treasure rings or the Temple of Light set from LEGO Ninjago had all four elemental blades.

I'm guessing Aira's Pegasus Sleigh will also include the air/wind key, since that's not present in any of the other current sets. I wonder if the pegasi will be built from regular LEGO Friends horses and Lord of the Rings eagle wings. My brother had considered the possibility of doing that with a Reddish Brown LEGO Friends horse, but we don't yet have any eagle wings! But it would be awesome if the LEGO Group did this themselves using white eagle wings!

Sooo excited for these sets! While originally I didn't like the fact that the "girls" sets had different minifigures, I think the style works perfectly for something like this.

I definitely hope we see a villain/antagonist of some sort, though. Maybe Skyra? Probably not...

Edited by Hythonia

I definitely hope we see a villain/antagonist of some sort, though. Maybe Skyra? Probably not...

From the sound of the set name, Skyra seems to be the elven queen or something like that.

Definitely looking forward to that pegasus. :wub:

f5769AJ.jpg

Both appeared in the teaser so I'm not too surprised.

The whole plot of the first year is pretty much like Atlantis, but we can still see the room for continuation. I assume LEGO treat it as an experimental case.

Of course, I'm dissapointed because they could pre-invest alot in Chima but not this one? Or like Disney Princess' case, their lack of focus on girls' need result in very few annual products, which is a pretty sad thing.

I wonder if the pegasi will be built from regular LEGO Friends horses and Lord of the Rings eagle wings. My brother had considered the possibility of doing that with a Reddish Brown LEGO Friends horse, but we don't yet have any eagle wings! But it would be awesome if the LEGO Group did this themselves using white eagle wings!

Hope that's true. In the worst case, we shall not forget the lesson Sofia taught us :angry: .

From the sound of the set name, Skyra seems to be the elven queen or something like that.

120px-Skylar.jpg Or.....

Edited by Dorayaki

Both appeared in the teaser so I'm not too surprised.

The whole plot of the first year is pretty much like Atlantis, but we can still see the room for continuation. I assume LEGO treat it as an experimental case.

Of course, I'm dissapointed because they could pre-invest alot in Chima but not this one? Or like Disney Princess' case, their lack of focus on girls' need result in very few annual products, which is a pretty sad thing.

Hope that's true. In the worst case, we shall not forget the lesson Sofia taught us :angry: .

Or.....

Seeing as that is a duplo set for two year olds it's not really a great idea to put something like a wing in a set.

I'm also confused how TLG is not focusing on girls needs seeing this is basically the third line of toys geared toward them. I imagine they are being cautious because they don't necessarily know the response this line will bring. Rome wasn't built in a day. Personally I am happy the TLG is continuing to expand their range of products and realize change takes time and expecting perfection is not realistic. Plus we are getting two waves so close together so everyone should be happy.

Based on that photo it looks like,we could be getting a castle about the same size as Cinderella''s.

I spotted this at Target. It's the first time I've seen the line being promoted by a retailer.

Target teaser by thirteenthmonkey, on Flickr

This is the first time I've seen a retailer devote shelf space to a teaser for ANY upcoming theme. That gives me hope that this launch is going to be big.

The hairpieces are compatible with minifigs, yes? I know the ears are molded in the hair so I have to use fleshie heads, I just want to know if they're compatible like the hairpieces from the main Friends line.

This is the first time I've seen a retailer devote shelf space to a teaser for ANY upcoming theme. That gives me hope that this launch is going to be big.

WOW! Indeed.

I was thinking that target did something for the friends line as well.

The hairpieces are compatible with minifigs, yes? I know the ears are molded in the hair so I have to use fleshie heads, I just want to know if they're compatible like the hairpieces from the main Friends line.

All minifigure and minidoll hairpieces of all kinds are compatible with both kinds of figures. So, yes, they are.

I was thinking that target did something for the friends line as well.

It's possible. I just don't remember seeing anything like that before. The closest I can recall are leaflets like the kind Lego stores and Toys R Us have had for themes like Bionicle, Legends of Chima, and the like—and those were usually placed near the checkout, rather than right there on the shelves with the other sets.

To do something like this suggests to me that Target and whatever other stores have these are confident that Elves is going to be a hit and bring customers back as soon as it's released. I've been hoping for a girls' fantasy theme to complement the more City-like Friends theme for a while, so I'm excited to see that Elves is getting the lead-up it deserves!

All minifigure and minidoll hairpieces of all kinds are compatible with both kinds of figures. So, yes, they are.

Nice, thanks. I figured as much but I still wanted to be sure.

LEGO just posted a 25-second character video to their YouTube channel, featuring Azari!

I am so excited for this theme! The tone is epic and adventurous, and the characters seem really engaging already.

I am hoping, perhaps a bit naively, that the app for this theme might be a point-and-click adventure game. I loved the BIONICLE Mata Nui Online Game growing up, but in a lot of their boy-oriented themes, LEGO tends to favor action games. Point-and-click adventure games are one of my favorite video game genres, and I think this theme would be a perfect fit for one!

The animation seems a bit choppy but it's sooo cute. I can't wait to see the other characters (particularly Faran and Naida).

That's a loaded question. Anyone can enjoy these sets, really, although the primary demographic is girls. The unique and useful parts will probably give the theme a broader range of consumers.

Is this theme only for girls?

That's like asking if Chima or Ninjago are only for boys.

Anyone can and should buy and enjoy whatever they like.

That's like asking if Chima or Ninjago are only for boys.

Or if Lego sets with a reccomended age of 5 - 12 printed on them are only for kids.

Anyone can and should buy and enjoy whatever they like.

Agreed, I wish Lego would do a better job of being inclusive, especially with their advertising. If they had both girls and boys playing with Friends, Ninjago, City, and Elves in their ads this would be less of an issue. Research has shown that 76% of kids who see boys and girls in commercials are likely to think that toy is for everyone.

I spotted this at Target. It's the first time I've seen the line being promoted by a retailer.

Target teaser by thirteenthmonkey, on Flickr

Saw this at my Target as well, that's a pretty nicely shaped gold key!

Anyways, this is very unusual for Lego do do this. I'm not sure if this is just starting a new trend or there is a special marketing push behind this one. Anyway, being a male, I sure am excited for these new sets!

Edited by Peppermint_M
No Photo Quotes Please

LEGO just posted a 25-second character video to their YouTube channel, featuring Azari!

Well looks like LEGO would make it a traditonal 2D cartoon. It looks nice and I'm not all for 3D, but I wonder how much this cartoon sticks to LEGO bricks in order to promote the products. Of course, Friends 3D cartoon didn't use actual figures but some of the cubic and modern buildings were recognizeable.

Seeing as that is a duplo set for two year olds it's not really a great idea to put something like a wing in a set.

I kinda agree, but is it possible to make wings as thick as Pixar Planes'?

Is this theme only for girls?

How? Forfeit wallets from any guy who brings an Elves set to the counter? :tongue:
Agreed, I wish Lego would do a better job of being inclusive, especially with their advertising. If they had both girls and boys playing with Friends, Ninjago, City, and Elves in their ads this would be less of an issue. Research has shown that 76% of kids who see boys and girls in commercials are likely to think that toy is for everyone.

It may be offtopic, the issue is mainly due to the difference of figures. This year I've actually seen many ads that feature both Friends and other themes, but some other recurring ads still don't (LEGO Club,
etc, much to Nina's dismay). TLM2 would be the next standard to determine if LEGO takes it up a notch.

Il6TxV8.jpg

As for the possible storyline, it seems to focus on the main elves and Emily (what would the bakery guy be?) so we won't see a world with four tribes like Chima. It's actually closer to Ninjago, but not sure if TLG could give the main elves further developments like ninjas do so that it can attract some Ninjago fans too.

Edited by Dorayaki