Yeah, the portal to other worlds create all kinds of story potential! Dark forces invading Heartlake City sounds fantasticaly fun. Or maybe the return portal takes them to yet another world full of adventure, like Quantum Leap or Stargate. Or maybe Johny Baker and Emily fall in love and they both return to Emily's world to open up an Elvish bakery. Loving the potential of this line.

Like BIONICLE, I'd be incredibly disappointed if we don't get a full TV series for Elves.

I'm not sure if it might get a TV series, but it might have mini episodes like the friends ones.

I'm not sure if it might get a TV series, but it might have mini episodes like the friends ones.

I much prefer the animation quality to what I've seen of the LEGO Friends mini-episodes, so if this is going to be online videos only then the LEGO Group has really stepped up its game!

Oh, I totally agree that Emily could come from anywhere. But I think it'd be a neat shout-out for her to hail from Heartlake City, and I don't think it'd be restrictive seeing as I doubt the story is going to focus much on Emily's home in the "real world". It'd be sort of like a backdoor pilot, but for a Lego theme instead of for a TV show.

If one is going to use mini doll as a link that means she could come from Arendelle for that matter.

My guess there will be no direct links made between this theme and friends. Leaving such things to the imagination.and creative of its target audience.

Well first we know licenced references are unavailable until TLM2. :tongue: What I mean was some other LEGO's original geographical names like Astor or Bricksburg. The only effect of choosing Heartlake is to appeal the similiar targeted market. I don't think it hurt to make theme related, though it doesn't really affect the main storyline, I agree.

As for TLM2, I wonder if both Chima and Elves wouldn't make guest appearances again since they're defined as parallel worlds.

I much prefer the animation quality to what I've seen of the LEGO Friends mini-episodes, so if this is going to be online videos only then the LEGO Group has really stepped up its game!

As long as it's a fantasy like Chima, I really hope Elves to get the same treat and not end up as mini-episodes.

Obviously there is a palace hinting a bigger set. It looks like a temple. The current settings all look very remote, so can we see the Elvendale capital and royalties along with new Castle sets in a future wave?

Edited by Dorayaki

TEASER SITE!! With awesome cartoon teaser video!

Great Animation! Can't wait to see more, I really hope it's a full series the world looks full of excitement.

Also, I can't wait to get my hands on the pegasus chariot that was in the teaser. That will almost certainly be in the second wave, right!?

Great Animation! Can't wait to see more, I really hope it's a full series the world looks full of excitement.

Also, I can't wait to get my hands on the pegasus chariot that was in the teaser. That will almost certainly be in the second wave, right!?

Maybe! I've noticed before that the Lord of the Rings eagle wings basically work perfectly with the Friends horses, as far as size is concerned (I could do this now with a brown horse but I lack the wings). Maybe this theme will finally see Lego making use of that, in a new color to boot!

If anybody's interested, this image from the LEGO.com Videos page gives a good look at the Azari and Emily mini-dolls!

Love these costume designs, though it's a bit of a shame the elf characters don't have the bracelets/arm bands they have in the character art and animation.

EDIT: Also GEE WHIZ IS THAT A DRAGON IN THE BACKGROUND?

Edited by Aanchir

Okay, interesting trailer.....I say TV series.....they don't look like mini-dolls like in the Friend's videos, though perhaps a cross-over but tell me it's not a take on Ferngully.

220px-Ferngully.jpg

While the artwork may be similar, the story is nowhere near Ferngully. I have seen that movie over thirty times. I have it now on DVD.

Okay, interesting trailer.....I say TV series.....they don't look like mini-dolls like in the Friend's videos, though perhaps a cross-over but tell me it's not a take on Ferngully.

There are some similarities aesthetically in terms of a magical society that appears to live in harmony with their colorful natural environment. But like the many Tinker Bell comparisons I've seen, I think there's a critical difference here — the elf characters are not diminutive compared to their surroundings like the fairy characters of those two franchises. The plants and creatures of the Elves theme are all more or less to scale with the size they might be in the real world.

It looks/sounds more like Vision of Escaflowne or Inuyasha. What with ordinary girls lands in magical world plotline.

If anything is like Fern Gully, it's James Cameron's Avatar.

I don't think Emily will be trying to stop people cutting down rainforests or evil Elton John pollution demons, or listening to a walkman.

Tim Curry dear, not Elton John. (MMMmmm Toxic Love...)

So anyway, lets talk about the theme not a rather vintage film okay?

I think the boat is certainly on my list, but anything with the plantlife will be sorely tempting.

The March release date means I can wait until after Toy Fair to come to a final decision about which sets I want to get, but I definitely want to ensure I get all five of the main characters and the four magical keys in one way or another. The ship is one of my favorite designs. I'm a sucker for a cool brick-built boat hull. And I love the look of the Crystal Hollow set.

The Treetop Hideaway is a nice design that probably boasts a lot of play value, though I'm a bit wary about considering it a "must-have" because I know that there are going to be a lot of Ninjago sets next year that I want, and I have to think not only about what I have money for but also what I have display space for! It'd be a shame to build a set like that and then have it sit in a box. Maybe over the holiday season I might finally be able to tidy up my room a bit more, though.

Treetop Hideaway is one of my favorite sets of next year. I love the purple leaves, and the sand green railings are pretty awesome as well.

Tim Curry dear, not Elton John.

Hmmm, seems he sang a different song. Good one, memory :hmpf:

We're getting two more sets in Summer 2015. My friend here 'demitri' has told me the names:

41077 Aira’s Pegasus Sleigh

41078 Skyra’s Mysterious Sky Castle

We're getting two more sets in Summer 2015. My friend here 'demitri' has told me the names:

41077 Aira’s Pegasus Sleigh

41078 Skyra’s Mysterious Sky Castle

Just two? I can't say I'm not a little disappointed. This theme seems to have all kinds of potential, but I'm a bit worried by how few sets there are, since that might lead the LEGO Group to invest less in its story media. At least we know we have an animation of some kind and a mobile app to look forward to... still, I hope it gets a more sizable profile in future years.

I guess I shouldn't complain, though. It's already got more sets than what we've seen from some of the LEGO Group's evergreen themes like Castle and Pirates recently... still, Ninjago it ain't.

Anyway, those two set names do sound exciting! And they are consistent with the things we've seen in the teaser video and box art that seemed like hints of what to expect in the future.