Also, Just2Good mentioned something about a new Castle subtheme but with a twist of Fairy Tales. Could this be it..?

-Sci

Don't wanna be the dealbreaker here,but did ya guys even thought about it that these are maybe not elves in the sense of "tolkien"style but rather with wings,magic wands and dressed in pink?

I believe those would be called fairies.

problem is if its too fairy tail like it will suck if its more ''forestmen/wolfpack'' theme in Castle subtheme like then it will rock (higher chance)

now integral parts that are needed for theme to replace LOTR in my eyes are:

1. army build potential

2. earthern tones and colors (pink and bright colors not allowed (mostly))

3. it needs civilian options (MVR/MMV type of things and figs)

then there are some other ''minor'' requirements :D

I personally think it will probably suck, unless its meant to be replacing Castle theme as in another Castle a little more Fantasy but still Kingdoms level of Castle designs....

Of course but what's stopping you from switching yellow heads for fleshie ones? ;)

The Yellow ears.

LOTR has fleshie ears so that's what I plan.

And how much will that cost?

And how much will that cost?

No idea I bought 10 Elrond hairs last year and 4 legolas/haldir. Now with as common as hobbit legolas is I imagine it wouldn't be too expensive.

Untill I see the set pictures I will remain positive with this theme.

Same! This sounds rather interesting, I find the latest Hobbit/LOTR sets rather poor and underwhelming so if there's the chance for a cheaper better fantasy theme then I'm all for it!

And veen if it does turn out with the elves being more of the small, mischievous pixie like fellows, then the theme will be rather different and interesting to say the very least..! It would make sense though for LEGO to make them more LOTR styled with a blend of Castle. That way they'll be able to continue to tap in to Tolkien fans' wallets and appeal to Castle fans.

^^^^ This. Lego wants all the money from the kids, LOTR afols and the Castle fans. That's why I'm expecting a theme along the lines of the CMF Elf.

Also explains why Mirkwood Elf Army looked nothing like movies. Lego was practicing for their new theme. It was an experiment to see if Elves were popular sellers.

Also explains why Mirkwood Elf Army looked nothing like movies. Lego was practicing for their new theme. It was an experiment to see if Elves were popular sellers.

Good point! I was always puzzled over why they couldn't have just done the small river-gate wall section thing (that actually featured and was important) instead of doing a tree-wall thing. It makes sense now you've said that. Although I greatly hope that the ELVES line will have a few better designs than that- I wasn't too fond of the small low walls and the oddly shaped tree.

I do hope they won't have too many bright colours in there though- I could easily live with muted tones over really bright greens, and blues and reds.

Sounds interesting, but they certainly can't reuse Middle-Earth parts like the Elf hairpiece or the Wargs :wink: Parts that are specifically designed for a license can't be used elsewhere :grin:

Legolas and Arwen's hairpieces should be fine since they're both fairly generic.

Well, I for one am quite happy to see this news- more castle stuff cheaper and of a different format could be good. I'm getting a tad bored of the theme being

Good guy castle

Bad guy prison

Bad guy prison carriage

Good guy tower being attacked by a catapult

and so forth. I'd definately appreciate a theme more along the style of Vikings, with a single good guy army against numerous fantasy creatures. Thsi could be my chance!

If true I hope there is a LOT more to it than just elves. While I like elves, I also want to see dwarves, humans, orcs/goblins, undead, etc. as well. If it's just elves vs an evil faction I will probably have to pass and there will still be a HUGE hole left be the LotRs early demise.

Also, Just2Good mentioned something about a new Castle subtheme but with a twist of Fairy Tales. Could this be it..?

-Sci

Oy, I thought that was Princesses, but you can be right.

What if Lego goes with a more anime style of elf, and recolors the LOTR orc hair?

That would be interesting...at least it would be if they looked anything like what I imagine they would right now (Exo force hair + LOTR elves..!)!

I'd like to see someone do a render of that! xD

Well, I was inspired on the spur of the moment, so I threw together this, just for fun...

ExoElf.jpg

Well I threw together (badly!) on 'Paint' some Exo-Elves (!?). Although Im clueless how to put them on here, I can provide links to the pics.

Edited by Mutant Orc

What if Elves is a fantasy friends line?

*huh* I certainly hope not! That would be rather useless for me and annoying...although I doubt it will be that...it can't be that!

Don't wanna be the dealbreaker here,but did ya guys even thought about it that these are maybe not elves in the sense of "tolkien"style but rather with wings,magic wands and dressed in pink?

I could be wrong, but I thought an Elves theme was coming after the Dwarves one in Castle, but instead we got the Elf in the CMS and then LOTR/TH. I may have mis-remembered that though.

Assuming it is a Tolkien rather than pixie-like Elf theme, I'd welcome it. The dwarf one was brilliant for making custom LOTR characters, and now we've actually got some figures from that line, it's still got useful parts, especially the beards and helmets. I'm sure an Elf theme would be good for expanding Middle-earth torso and legs, even if the yellow head and ears would be an issue. Hopefully lots of trees and bows and woodland creatures.

Although I'd sooner have more Middle-earth, I'm sure castle fans, especially fantasy era, would be happy.

If in fact this is a pixie-esque theme, I guess Elves in another theme to go on the castle wishlist, along with China, Vikings, Greece, Rome................... at least we'll never run out of ideas!