CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

What? And get UV rays on my preciouseses... preciousessesses...uhh... my pretties?

Oh heck no. :tongue:

Spiders and insects will probably crawl around it if you leave it outside.

Do you have any sort of stone platform outside your house? Or a clean stone area anywhere? A friend's house?

I don't see how anything bad could happen if you do that, There's still a safe way to store them all.

Just build them all at home (and put them in different areas since there's no space), then take it outside, quickly take a few photos (shouldn't take too long), and you're done.

Do you have any sort of stone platform outside your house? Or a clean stone area anywhere? A friend's house?

I don't see how anything bad could happen if you do that, There's still a safe way to store them all.

Just build them all at home (and put them in different areas since there's no space), then take it outside, quickly take a few photos (shouldn't take too long), and you're done.

... but... it's more than just a little glare from a window. They're out in the elements where so much can go wrong. Rain, bugs, birds!

And who says I have friends? :look::tongue:

I'm a little more paranoid on this subject than I thought...

As cool as it would be, I'm not going to be taking a picture of the entire line. At least not yet.

... but... it's more than just a little glare from a window. They're out in the elements where so much can go wrong. Rain, bugs, birds!

And who says I have friends? :look::tongue:

Alright, fine. What if you move things in and out of rooms to make space? Can that work? Also, What if "outside" is a stone platform with a decorative roof? Like in those certain areas?

I may be pushing this, but when you're ready for that, you've likely got a lot of options.

I also recommend dynamic posing if you can.

Alright, fine. What if you move things in and out of rooms to make space? Can that work? Also, What if "outside" is a stone platform with a decorative roof? Like in those certain areas?

I may be pushing this, but when you're ready for that, you've likely got a lot of options.

Agreed. You can't make a bold statement like that and not back it up. We want the proof! :poke:

Alright, fine. What if you move things in and out of rooms to make space? Can that work?

I don't think that those who I live with would like that very much...

Also, What if "outside" is a stone platform with a decorative roof? Like in those certain areas?

Bad lighting. I also don't have the tools for an outdoor studio.

When it comes to taking pictures, especially something of these proportions, of course!

Also keep in mind that the smallest sets, being the Tribe Packs, would at least require a 5 inch wide circle-shaped area in order for minimum dynamic posing to be done. This is aside the fact of how much real estate the Speedorz Hazardz (I still love that made up term) would take up. Add in the larger Crocodile vehicles and Base, the Tiger's Mobile Command, and the Temples and you've got a bit of a space issue. Especially since I have plenty of other themes on display as well. I also have an issue with my Amiibo encroaching in that area as well, so my hands are a bit tied.

I don't think that those who I live with would like that very much...

Hm, I meant move things obscuring the way (in whatever room you're choosing to put stuff in), to another place. If you have more than one room that is (?).

This includes Amiibo and small tables, etc.

I dunno why, but now I'm OBSESSED with Chima! I really didn't care for it at first. Probably because it was so far outside the box, design-wise with the animal builds and anthropomorphic minifigs. But now, I really appreciate all the play features and detail that went into most of the sets and figures. I feel like this series might've been cut short before it really reached it's full potential, but regardless, I feel like Lego really put a lot of effort and resources into something that was as much an experiment as anything else and I really appreciate it.

I think the initial premise was a bit weak (hello Disney's Lion King), but as the cartoon series went along, I feel like it did pick up creatively and began to really evolve into its own.

I think I most regret passing the Lion Chi Temple by, but I'm hoping to find it at not too outlandish a price sooner or later!

Edited by gunm

At first, I found this theme weird and just not something I'd collect. But I got curious and got myself a Laval Dimensions pack and that's where it all started. Lego paid good attention to this theme. The details of the minifigs and their vehicles. I just wish this theme had more than just vehicles. Gonna miss this theme. Hope Lego would revive it some point and make it more fun and not take itself too seriously.

At first, I found this theme weird and just not something I'd collect. But I got curious and got myself a Laval Dimensions pack and that's where it all started. Lego paid good attention to this theme. The details of the minifigs and their vehicles. I just wish this theme had more than just vehicles. Gonna miss this theme. Hope Lego would revive it some point and make it more fun and not take itself too seriously.

The theme was mostly vehicles, but it also had a few decent location-based sets—70010 The Lion CHI Temple, 70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout, 70133 Spinlyn's Cavern, 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base, and 70147 Sir Fangar's Ice Fortress are all fairly nice.

The theme was mostly vehicles, but it also had a few decent location-based sets—70010 The Lion CHI Temple, 70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout, 70133 Spinlyn's Cavern, 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base, and 70147 Sir Fangar's Ice Fortress are all fairly nice.

I love the Lion Chi Temple and wish I'd got it myself. But the vehicles are pretty great, too. I'm thinking one can make a pretty good "base" alternate build from the vehicles.

Also, in terms of other non-vehicle sets, don't forget the amazing Legend Beasts!

Also, in terms of other non-vehicle sets, don't forget the amazing Legend Beasts!

I guess, but I really would have liked to see the beaver tribe's village in a set similar to the Star Wars counterpart.

I think the best case for Chima now is to get included in the next Lego Movie as that is very mainstream, and actually get good voice acting and be animated better than in TV.

Maybe be one of the realms the characters visit or have Laval or any of the characters play a memorable role.

I know this isn't the LoC 2014 thread, but since this one was already up top, I didn't wanna restore an old topic, but I bought

lavertus’ Outland Base off amazon todsy for 40 I've been wanting it for a while, but thought I should probably get it now since I have funds to do so.

I know this isn't the LoC 2014 thread, but since this one was already up top, I didn't wanna restore an old topic, but I bought

lavertus’ Outland Base off amazon todsy for 40 I've been wanting it for a while, but thought I should probably get it now since I have funds to do so.

Wow! Good for you. I recently got myself a King Crominus Rescue for a reasonable price. Think I'll make a base out of it after I've built the vehicles.

I bought

That set looks like it should actually be $20-30, is the price higher than expected because it's retired?

Also, one thing I would have liked to see from Chima, was more details on heads. They only had one head for each tribe, with different prints.

I would have liked to see different hair styles, like The Sonic and The Shadow.

Edited by gamejutzu

It was originally $60. Ive wanted it forever. It was like one the few Chima sets I really wanted.

$60??

For this?

lego-70134-lavertus-outland-base-legends-of-chima-9.jpg

Actually, I can see why it would be maybe $50 or $45, but this for an original price of $60 seems pretty overpriced, even for LEGO.

Are you saying ^ that ^ is worth this?

I dunno.

Bit really, wasn't it kind of, odd, how all the lions and other furred creatures had the exact same heads? If LEGO ever brings back the same head style, I hope they add new "hair"styles.

Edited by gamejutzu

$60??

For, this?

http://www.ibrickcity.com/wp-content/gallery/70134/lego-70134-lavertus-outland-base-legends-of-chima-9.jpg

Actually, I can see why it would be maybe $50 or $45, but this for an original price of $60 seems pretty overpriced, even for LEGO.

I dunno.

Bit really, wasn't it kind of, odd, how all the lions and other furred creatures had the exact same heads? If LEGO ever brings back the same head style, I hope they add new "hair"styles.

It's 685 bricks, and some of those are fairly large ones like an 8x16 tile, two 8x3x7 mountain bricks, etc. Compare with 70604 Tiger Widow Island, which is $50 for a mere 450 bricks (though in fairness, that set has an exclusive bigfig, which tend to be a bit costly).

What's more, 70737 Titan Mech Battle may have an uncharacteristically high piece count for a $60 set, but according to BrickLink, 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base is actually a larger set by weight. 70737 weighs 988 grams, 70134 weighs 1086 grams.

I didn't think the creatures of the same species having the same heads was any weirder in Chima than in, say, Fabuland. New molds are fairly expensive, so no point introducing a different mold for each lion when LEGO could instead use the same mold for all of one species and spend their new mold budget on other types of animals. I also doubt Chima would have had nearly as many different characters per species if it meant needing as many different head sculpts per species.

Edited by Aanchir

$60??

For, this?

*snip*

I dunno.

I got it for $40.

It was totally worth it. I wanted the characters, but the structure is super impressive alot bigger than I expected. I'm turning it into a front for my ninja temple. I'll take pics when it's done, but I have to wait for a few BrickLink orders. Also the Buggy is really cool!

I got it for $40.

It was totally worth it. I wanted the characters, but the structure is super impressive alot bigger than I expected. I'm turning it into a front for my ninja temple. I'll take pics when it's done, but I have to wait for a few BrickLink orders. Also the Buggy is really cool!

Oh, I guess it's a good grab for 40, but I can't wrap my mind around $60...

The set is really cool, and I regret not getting that much Chima... Oh well, guess i'll wait until the next anthromorphic theme *ahem* *Sonic* *cough*