CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

There is so much to be desired about the Lion Chi Temple. It really could have been a lot fuller in size. ...

Sadly the Lion Chi Temple isn't the only Chima tribe base/castle that suffers from lackluster design. Heck, I can't think of one that doesn't.

Just my opinions, though.

Indeed. Just another pointless post by PublicChimaHater#1. The Lion Chi Temple in particular was a very successful product that also won numerous awards including "Best construction toy" at London Toy Fair. Maybe your ongoing mistake is to compare LEGO sets to brick-heavy fan creations that would cost multiple times a set 's price tag?

Indeed. Just another pointless post by PublicChimaHater#1. The Lion Chi Temple in particular was a very successful product that also won numerous awards including "Best construction toy" at London Toy Fair. Maybe your ongoing mistake is to compare LEGO sets to brick-heavy fan creations that would cost multiple times a set 's price tag?

First, I don't do MOCs anymore. I'm not much in the "MOC"-iverse.

Second. I'm no Chima hater. It's my opinion. I you don't like it, express "how so" in a civilized way, like an adult, rather than calling names. Or not at all. That works just as well.

I currently own every Chima set that has been available to date, mind you. I know exactly what an excellent Chima set can, and is supposed to look like (Eris' Eagle Interceptor, I'm looking at you). The Lion CHI Temple could have sacrificed the motor bike function for an actual center tower complete with all amenities needed to make it satisfactory. That didn't happen, but oh well I guess.

"Best Construction Toy" means nothing to me. If critics love it, wonderful. More press for Chima when it needed it. Does that mean they made the right choice? From their criteria, yes. It is a perfect build for someone in the target range, and it's design reflects that. As an adult, I wasn't as impressed, but, yet again, I'm not the target audience.

Also, I can direct you to an actual Chima hater, if that's what you're looking for. There's been plenty that have shown their faces these past three years.

Edited by Penkid11

I currently own every Chima set that has been available to date, mind you.

This is much appreciated. But also a bit worrying since you seem to hardly enjoy any of them ..? Would it be more accurate then to categorize you a as super-NOT-fan of Chima? :look:

I know exactly what an excellent Chima set can, and is supposed to look like

Ah. Hmmm, ok. Well, no need to state the obvious, good sir. *cough* (*talking with a soothing voice, avoiding any rapid movements while slowly walking backwards*)

Your wise and insightful commentaries over the years certainly brought that point across, and always in an entertaining fashion, if I may add.

Let's hope, everybody, that LEGO, as a company, at last will see reason and liste...

(*turns and runs!*)

Okay, no personal arguments please! If you want a real Chima hater go look-up the guy who brought the Thundercats reboot to TV...

We are all allowed to express opinions here so long as they are civil and directed at the toy not each other.

Cheers.

Why couldn't they have been the classic designs. They would have gone so well with the vehicles. That chibi Eagle Interceptor is the cutest.

There appears to be a "Creating Chima" article to be released in the near future, as shown as coming soon in the Explore page on the Lego site. It showcases one piece of concept art and I can't wait to see the rest!

Sad to say but I think they killed the line with these Fire Armour designs. The red clothing makes them less versatile and looks bad on most of the figures. People just wanted wartime Fabuland, not this.

Sad to say but I think they killed the line with these Fire Armour designs. The red clothing makes them less versatile and looks bad on most of the figures. People just wanted wartime Fabuland, not this.

I have to disagree. I didn't like the fire armor at first, but I quickly grew to love it. With as many different tribes as we had by that point, the Fire vs. Ice arc (and corresponding costumes and CHI colors) really helped to reinforce who was good and who was bad by giving the good guys a sort of a "uniform". Granted, it could have been made somewhat more diverse (it's a bit of a shame that some of the characters don't get personalized kneepads like Laval and Cragger get, or fire-themed headgear like Laval and Eris get), but overall I am about as happy with the red Fire CHI outfits as with the grey Outlands outfits.

Anyway, it's a bit silly to think that something as basic as costumes could kill the line. Chima may be character-driven, but I'm pretty sure most kids would still make their purchasing decisions based on the actual buildable contents of the sets rather than on the characters' costumes. And I feel like the quality of those has remained pretty strong. If Legends of Chima is ending (which appears to be the case), it's probably just because it's worn out its momentum, as happens with most themes — not because of some dramatic failure by the designers.

Oh how this topic has practically died... not surprising though given Chima's death. Well, at least I can call my collection complete now!

I thought I'd put it out there that I don't expect the final 3 sets to be around for very long at all in Europe, based on the fact that I found both Bladvic's Rumble Bear and Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold in the Last Chance shop at Legoland Windsor on Monday. That's normally where retired sets get sold off at reduced prices and laid to rest. These have only been out for barely a month and they're already being clearanced - surely this has got to be a record of some sort? So if you want them, I'd get them now or regret it later :wink: I don't expect them to last until Christmas...

Has anyone seen that 10,004 piece Chima set with 25 sets and 92 figures? It was shown in the newest Club magazine. To be eligible to win it you need to build a fortress to protect the Chi and after close consideration 2 winners will be chosen.

I saw it in my Lego CLub magazine from the store on July 1st. I won't post a pic, but here is one I found online, credit to Maniac4Bricks.

The box looks HUGE!!!!!!!

That's crazy, would be cool if it's more than just a product collection (like, I'd prefer if there were like 100 numbered bags). :laugh:

Talk about too much going on in one picture.... :grin:

I'd hate to be the UPS guy tasked with delivering that thing. :laugh:

Going out with a bang!

Has anyone seen that 10,004 piece Chima set with 25 sets and 92 figures? It was shown in the newest Club magazine. To be eligible to win it you need to build a fortress to protect the Chi and after close consideration 2 winners will be chosen.

I saw it in my Lego CLub magazine from the store on July 1st. I won't post a pic, but here is one I found online, credit to Maniac4Bricks.

https://instagram.co...4bricksofficial

The box looks HUGE!!!!!!!

Are there any age req? Could anyone share specifics on entering?

That's crazy, would be cool if it's more than just a product collection (like, I'd prefer if there were like 100 numbered bags). :laugh:

Haha, that would be legendary.

Talk about too much going on in one picture.... :grin:

I'd hate to be the UPS guy tasked with delivering that thing. :laugh:

Going out with a bang!

Ikr, very cluttered.

Lol, thats something he would never forget. :laugh:

Its so true. :laugh: I was never a fan of Chima, I've owned a few polybags, but this is pretty cool.

Holy crap.

Tell me about it.

^ It says that terms and conditions are available online with the submission form. :classic:

Yep.

Are there any age req? Could anyone share specifics on entering?

What the other guy said. :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713

Anyone know what the general price for such a set collection such as this would be? I'd almost have the say around the range of 500 dollars US

It's just a product collection, but that display is amazing!

Now, if Ninjago had that... :thumbup: :thumbup: :grin_wub: :grin_wub:

Edited by Master_Data

I actually might.. consider entering that. I lost interest in Chima after the first year though, I wonder what I can make with the 30 something sets I bought back then lol

Where is the link?

EDIT: Taking a second look, I don't see the Crominus Copter thing. :look:

Edited by CM4Sci

EDIT: Taking a second look, I don't see the Crominus Copter thing. :look:

Laval's little vehicle from the set is on the middle/right side. The set is also on the side of the box.

Notice how the set comes with two Ice Stompers, two Vulture Gliders, and two of each tribe pack! They're literally giving you armies of characters!!

This collection and it's representation is an utter sin to exist!!!

I want NEED one!

Now, if Ninjago had that... :thumbup: :thumbup: :grin_wub: :grin_wub:

*SWOON*

EDIT: You do understand that if this set were to actually come in that box, it would have to at least be a foot thick, as every set is undoubtedly in it's original box on the inside! Oh to see and open such a box!

Either that, or it's just a visual stunt and in the end, you will only get the sets themselves without the cool box.

Edited by Penkid11