CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

Also, do you have confirmation about the Chima characters being in Lego Dimensions? It'd be really cool if they were (I've actually been sketching Dimensions-style mini-vehicles for them on LDD), but I hadn't seen any news to that effect.

Taking a good look at the top of the box, you can see a tan colored character with red hair and a blue torso wielding a gold sword (Laval). He is standing next to a dark green character with a red cape and a golden sword (Cragger). They are on the far side of the larger section of the bottom row.

Next to Unikitty, you can see a white headed character with a golden upper torso that has white wings projecting from the side as well (Eris).

Take a look at minifigures 32, 33, and 36 respectively in the image below.

(Note: the image is not mine)

LEGO-Dimensions-Minifigure-List.png

Edited by Penkid11

I sort of wish the cube deal came with a non-fire chi version of Bladvic instead. Shame that's the only version of the character we're getting. Especially since Bulkar's design is so frickin awesome. I would have loved to see more Bears in actual Bear gear. Sigh...

I sort of wish the cube deal came with a non-fire chi version of Bladvic instead. Shame that's the only version of the character we're getting. Especially since Bulkar's design is so frickin awesome. I would have loved to see more Bears in actual Bear gear. Sigh...

Me too, but that would be very unlikely as Bladvic is not a very popular character. Since they can only pick a few from each theme, Laval and Cragger (of course) get chosen. Regular Bladvic is more likely for a book or promo polybag...

I thought the original uploader said the box would be relased this summer. As a Ninjago collector, having Stone Armor Kai is good, Lloyd and Zanr are the only two to have that varient thus far. Kai os the only real reason I want this box...

Same here, honestly. Though I also appreciate the Sir Fangar minifigure, it doesn't have the same significance for me as it would have to a more dedicated Legends of Chima collector. And I'd happily trade away Lightning Lad to help make up for the cost of the cube (which I imagine will be $15, same as last year's cube).

Just got the May/June Lego Club Magazine.

The final wave of Chima is coming to America.

This magazine featured all of the upcoming releases for June:

Chima

Ultra Agents

Technic (the newer wave that Europe already has)

Star Wars

Mixels

City Divers

Jurassic World (although the wave releases May 1st).

Turns out I was right about a May release in the UK for the last Chima sets, they're available to order now from S@H. No idea if the US will follow or not, but there's good indications these will see a wide release as intended :classic:

Bladvic's Rumble Bear

Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold

King Crominus Rescue

I'll probably purchase the Rumble Bear on Saturday, then head to Bricks and Pieces and get pieces and minifig parts from the other two sets when they should have their set inventories up. My Chima display board shall be complete, sans-reformed Fangar of course, by the end of the month :classic:

No idea if the US will follow or not

They will.

Maybe not this month, but the new sets have a small featurette in the newest Club Magazine.

June at the latest.

Edited by Penkid11

They will.

Maybe not this month, but the new sets have a small featurette in the newest Club Magazine.

June at the latest.

Sorry, what I meant was whether the US would get them in May or not. Never type when tired I guess :wink:

Anyway, I checked Bricks and Pieces this morning to try and secure the remaining breastplates - sorry, I mean fire harnesses... but they were all out of stock. I assume that, given all the newly recoloured pieces in the sets are also OOS, that the warehouse just hasn't updated their stock as fast as BnP has added it to inventory. There's no way they could have been bought out already and I can't see them not stocking the new pieces. I'll check again in a few days. What's interesting though is that Saraw (from King Crominus' Rescue) appears to use the mummy-style head print which is present in the generic Saber Tooth warriors in the relevant tribe pack. Almost like they couldn't be bothered to make some new prints for him (though personally it doesn't bother me too much, it's a nice print).

Anyway, I checked Bricks and Pieces this morning to try and secure the remaining breastplates - sorry, I mean fire harnesses... but they were all out of stock. I assume that, given all the newly recoloured pieces in the sets are also OOS, that the warehouse just hasn't updated their stock as fast as BnP has added it to inventory. There's no way they could have been bought out already and I can't see them not stocking the new pieces. I'll check again in a few days.

Did you ever see those pieces listed as 'In Stock?' They might not list them even though they're in to make it harder to order a full figure from BnP (in other words, they do this to encourage you to buy the whole set rather than a single figure). For example. LEGO always lists the Ninjago ninjas' heads as 'Out of Stock,' but they are available through phone order. Try emailing Customer Service about their availability.

Did you ever see those pieces listed as 'In Stock?' They might not list them even though they're in to make it harder to order a full figure from BnP (in other words, they do this to encourage you to buy the whole set rather than a single figure). For example. LEGO always lists the Ninjago ninjas' heads as 'Out of Stock,' but they are available through phone order. Try emailing Customer Service about their availability.

No, they've always been out of stock, but they are listed. It's strange though as all the Fire Harnesses from the Winter wave are available. And all I want really is the Fire Harnesses (and Fire Wings), not the full figure. But I'll probably end up ordering them through BL if I can't get them through LEGO.

But I assume that the aforementioned production issues are probably to blame rather than LEGO making it difficult to make complete figures (Chima is nowhere near as popular as Ninjago). Any part stock they have is directed at sets, and they probably don't have enough to put for sale in their replacement parts warehouse. It's not just the new minifig parts, but it's all the new printed parts and recoloured parts also that are OOS.

If I had an extra £120, I'd just buy the sets instead. But unfortunately, I don't :tongue:

No, they've always been out of stock, but they are listed. It's strange though as all the Fire Harnesses from the Winter wave are available. And all I want really is the Fire Harnesses (and Fire Wings), not the full figure. But I'll probably end up ordering them through BL if I can't get them through LEGO.

But I assume that the aforementioned production issues are probably to blame rather than LEGO making it difficult to make complete figures (Chima is nowhere near as popular as Ninjago). Any part stock they have is directed at sets, and they probably don't have enough to put for sale in their replacement parts warehouse. It's not just the new minifig parts, but it's all the new printed parts and recoloured parts also that are OOS.

If I had an extra £120, I'd just buy the sets instead. But unfortunately, I don't :tongue:

In that case, try sending Customer service an email- they'll tell you if they are expected to be back in stock. They always have enough to direct at the replacement parts warehouse- I talked to a LEGO Replacement Parts Manager who said he still had access to parts from LEGO Minifigures Series 10! If they still have parts from a few years ago, they probably have these parts. Sometimes they just refuse to sell them to you- they want that extra £120 of yours.

So I just finished building Bladvic's Rumble Bear, and somehow I feel very lukewarm about it. I like how the function of converting it between car and mech is implemented, it has some nice dark orange recolours, and the design of the face is very well done, and it looks pretty good as a car based vehicle. But, and it's a big but, the mech part is honestly atrocious, in that it has virtually no poseability whatsoever. The legs are just completely static (there are no poseability options with them as they are anchored at the hips to rotate when you activate the function, and the balljoint on the feet is only a structural choice, the feet can't move), and the wrists can only rotate about a Technic pin. The part of the arms that are mounted on a ball joint don't end up being all that useful due to the way the arms are designed, plus the wheels get in the way. The head has the most poseability of all the model. In my opinion, if you want a more poseable bear mech, go for Icebite's Claw Driller. But there are much better mechs currently available in my opinion.

In all honesty, only go for the set if you're interested in the minifigures (like I was) or maybe the parts, or if you were aiming to have a large vehicle for each tribe member. It's the cheapest way to get a Bear tribe member, and it's also got Iceklaw who was previously limited to a polybag. Otherwise, I'd leave this one on the shelf.

So Amazon recently added a release date for the sixth Legends of Chima graphic novel... in January of next year.

That, combined with Chima's inclusion in Lego Dimensions, is making me start to wonder if the Chima theme is not in fact over for good. Is it possible that we'll see more sets next year?

Edited by Lyichir

In that case, try sending Customer service an email- they'll tell you if they are expected to be back in stock. They always have enough to direct at the replacement parts warehouse- I talked to a LEGO Replacement Parts Manager who said he still had access to parts from LEGO Minifigures Series 10! If they still have parts from a few years ago, they probably have these parts. Sometimes they just refuse to sell them to you- they want that extra £120 of yours.

I finally got round to emailing them last night, and this morning I got an email back with an unexpected surprise - they have said they've apparently found the parts (Laval's, Cragger's and Rogon's fire harnesses, and Saraw's headgear) in their warehouse, and they've already shipped them out to me. Of course, I'll have to wait a week or two and see if they are the exact parts I listed, but either way I'm almost always impressed by LEGO's customer service :thumbup:

Whether or not this is an indication that they actually will become available to buy, I don't know. But I'm not complaining.

They have the pieces in stock. I've had to order a missing piece through Bricks and Pieces before that was "Out of Stock". I'm sure this is the same thing, they just don't want people to buy the pieces and not the sets.

They have the pieces in stock. I've had to order a missing piece through Bricks and Pieces before that was "Out of Stock". I'm sure this is the same thing, they just don't want people to buy the pieces and not the sets.

Yeah, maybe. They didn't do it with the Winter wave though, so it seems very inconsistent. The fact they did have them wasn't the unexpected surprise I got though :wink:

A second BnP order will be in the works though, after I get the fire harnesses, to get a few pairs of fire wings which are in stock, as well as some Bricklink orders to get the other figure pieces more cheaply (for example, Saraw basically uses the generic Sabertooth warrior's head, torso and legs, just a different headpiece).

Really tempted to buy some sets of legend of chima, some of the vehicle and playsets are looking very nice like the croc swamp hideout, lion temple, big mammoth and tiger mobile command post. Any must have sets? :P

And is it still worth to buy some of the sets because chima is ending?

Edited by tom20arc

My mom's boyfriend bought the Lion Chi Temple and he's planning on giving it to me for Graduation. I already have plans for the set and I'm super excited! So i'd say the Lion Chi Temple (if you can still find it) is a pretty good buy!

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

My mom's boyfriend bought the Lion Chi Temple and he's planning on giving it to me for Graduation. I already have plans for the set and I'm super excited! So i'd say the Lion Chi Temple (if you can still find it) is a pretty good buy!

I have it myself, it's a neat build but aggravatingly fragile... You'll find out once you build it. The jaw mechanism is impressive, though.

There is so much to be desired about the Lion Chi Temple. It really could have been a lot fuller in size. All it really is is a line (or u-shape depending on your favorite configuration) of wall with a bridge that leads to a tower made of 4 support columns...

We could have had an actual throne room. An actual bunk. Something legitimate in defense, but no... For what it is, though, it's definitely satisfactory. You get the bare essentials for locations that were featured in the TV show, whether detailed or not.

Sadly the Lion Chi Temple isn't the only Chima tribe base/castle that suffers from lackluster design. Heck, I can't think of one that doesn't.

The Croc Swamp Hideout is so-so, but it's probably the most forgivable.

Lavertus' Outland Base and Spinlyn's cavern are sparse in both features, and overall girth for their price. They are at the bottom of my list of suggested sets overall.

Sir Fangar's Ice Fortress and the Mammoth Stronghold should have been one complete set. The combination of the two makes a "bad guy Lion Chi Temple" in design. You can't really have one without the other.

Then there's the Flying Phoenix Fire Temple. It's not even a temple, let alone the base of operations for the Phoenix. It's a docked flying bird ship, just as it is in the show. Now if we got ourselves a mini Cavora Palace, that would have been sufficient.

Just my opinions, though.

Taking a good look at the top of the box, you can see a tan colored character with red hair and a blue torso wielding a gold sword (Laval). He is standing next to a dark green character with a red cape and a golden sword (Cragger). They are on the far side of the larger section of the bottom row.

Next to Unikitty, you can see a white headed character with a golden upper torso that has white wings projecting from the side as well (Eris).

Take a look at minifigures 32, 33, and 36 respectively in the image below.

(Note: the image is not mine)

LEGO-Dimensions-Minifigure-List.png

Wow, you have some amazing eyesight!!

There is so much to be desired about the Lion Chi Temple. It really could have been a lot fuller in size. All it really is is a line (or u-shape depending on your favorite configuration) of wall with a bridge that leads to a tower made of 4 support columns...

We could have had an actual throne room. An actual bunk. Something legitimate in defense, but no... For what it is, though, it's definitely satisfactory. You get the bare essentials for locations that were featured in the TV show, whether detailed or not.

Sadly the Lion Chi Temple isn't the only Chima tribe base/castle that suffers from lackluster design. Heck, I can't think of one that doesn't.

The Croc Swamp Hideout is so-so, but it's probably the most forgivable.

Lavertus' Outland Base and Spinlyn's cavern are sparse in both features, and overall girth for their price. They are at the bottom of my list of suggested sets overall.

Sir Fangar's Ice Fortress and the Mammoth Stronghold should have been one complete set. The combination of the two makes a "bad guy Lion Chi Temple" in design. You can't really have one without the other.

Then there's the Flying Phoenix Fire Temple. It's not even a temple, let alone the base of operations for the Phoenix. It's a docked flying bird ship, just as it is in the show. Now if we got ourselves a mini Cavora Palace, that would have been sufficient.

Just my opinions, though.

i'm buying the Outland Base this week, and will combime the two sets into one and bulk up the base.

I can't make a lot of recommendations because I don't have a whole lot of Legends of Chima sets, but Laval's Fire Lion and Eris's Fire Eagle Flyer have great functions.

To be honest, when I first saw the fire-themed vehicles and costumes for the second half of 2014, I was not sure what to think. However, I've really grown to like them, as they create an impressive amount of visual unity even among vehicles with such different creature motifs. I am, however, a bit disappointed that even with two full waves of "fire and ice" sets, there weren't any particularly interesting new wolf and raven tribe vehicles. All Razar and Worriz got were a couple piddly little bikes in 30265 and 70145. Gorzan didn't fare much better, with only a tiny "fire CHI power vehicle" in 70147. Maybe bigger and better fire CHI vehicles for them are something I can work on MOCing some time.

I have it myself, it's a neat build but aggravatingly fragile... You'll find out once you build it. The jaw mechanism is impressive, though.

A kid I know decided to leave LEGO and gave me his Lion Chi Temple (just missing a few parts and the Croc vehicle) and Cragger's Command Ship (very incomplete). The Croc parts are amazing for MOCing, but the temple just isn't worth the price. It is very fragile and could have been a LOT better. If they had skipped out on the bike launchers, we could have gotten a bigger, more detailed interior. Instead, the main rooms were tiny (the map room was just a sticker!) and the rest of the build was generally uninteresting. I'm going to scrap or sell it once I order some of the missing parts.

Edited by Master_Data