CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

Did anyone else think that The Lego Movie might also be a catalyst of the production issues (i.e. harder to find sets than normal?)

Certainly the movie (re)introduced hundreds of thousands of people (back) into Lego. That's hundreds of thousands people than there were merely one year ago. A huge spike in demanding people can bring stock issues in stores as well as traffic issues on the website.

That's certainly very possible. I'm a regular Bricksetter (or at least used to be, I haven't been so active there recently), and when the LEGO Movie was released, there was a sudden surge of signups to both the main site and the forum (these statistics speak for themselves). Same could be said for here and all other major LEGO fan sites. More people into LEGO, more people want LEGO sets, and it seems LEGO is struggling to meet demand, with OOS labels coming ever more common on S@H, S@H not working properly due to sheer weight of traffic, and popular sets selling out the same day as general release. Not to mention decent sales in my neck of the woods are increasingly difficult to come across. Hence my "buy it as soon as possible" policy, that way I don't miss anything I want :classic:

It's possible that, with so many other themes to produce sets for which might be more popular than Chima, LEGO may have made those a priority, thus scaling Chima back. "Production issues" is a vague description, it could mean almost anything, from problems with necessary moulds to something as simple as demand for other sets, and the factories might not be able to hold the capacity required to make the Chima sets also. From Legomilk's post, I'd bet that the sets are still coming out, they might just be late (August instead of June, or January instead of August for example), or just available in a certain region. But given the sets were displayed at London, Nuremberg and New York, it'd be silly for LEGO to then not release them in either Europe or America.

But stranger things have happened, so nothing can be ruled out just yet. I do want to finish the job I started over 2 years ago and get every Chima fig though :look:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

LEGO has been having production issues for a few years now. The Movie probably didn't help matters, but LEGO grew quicker than they could support.

Just gonna put out what I've been seeing:

Supposedly, Chima is coming back for a forth season, this is everywhere, with the release date being claimed as Mid-2016, now, where this information is coming from, I don't know. One guy is claiming that it features the unreleased legend beasts and a new tribe or two, while the enemies are a type of, as he put it, 'corupted Legend Beast'.

I guess I'll let the speculation ensue.

Just gonna put out what I've been seeing:

Supposedly, Chima is coming back for a forth season, this is everywhere, with the release date being claimed as Mid-2016, now, where this information is coming from, I don't know. One guy is claiming that it features the unreleased legend beasts and a new tribe or two, while the enemies are a type of, as he put it, 'corupted Legend Beast'.

I guess I'll let the speculation ensue.

Huh? What? Source?

Huh? What? Source?

It's I love DisneyTMTMTMTMTM! in the US today...

EDIT: Please note that I said April first. Thanks Eurobricks...

EDIT 2: Every time I edit the post it makes more "TM's"

Edited by Penkid11

It's I love DisneyTMTMTMTMTMTM! in the US today...

EDIT: Please note that I said April first. Thanks Eurobricks...

EDIT 2: Every time I edit the post it makes more "TM's"

Argh! Really fell for that well placed DisneyTMTM branded AprilTM Fool'sTM Disney party!TM! ArghTM!

Maybe I should check the date before being serious about rumors...

It wasn't an Aprils fools joke, it's serious.

Every store I've gone too, it appeared that Chima wasn't moving from the shelves... at all.

I decided to record the number on the seal for a Vultrix Sky Scavenger at the Lego Store. The same shelve of eight have just been sitting there collecting dust along with a majority of Chima according to both my observations and the help of a Lego Store employee.

Chima looks done. And judging by how "popular" they are in stores now, legomilk's post seems so much more likely.

I believe you, but frankly the rumors you mentioned sound more to me like wishful thinking than actual leaks. Particularly the bit about the unreleased Legend Beasts. Frankly, if Chima were coming back in mid-2016, we wouldn't likely be hearing about it now unless it were from a conspicuous official source that was deliberately trying to dispel rumors and maintain hype (like the Ninjago 2014 teaser we got in December 2012). Leaks don't tend to happen this far in advance.

I doubt it will be back next year. The Castle fans think they're getting a big reboot in 2016, and LEGO wouldn't have 3 "Big" themes on the shelves at the same time. It's also waaaaaaay too early to get news about May 2016.

Every store I've gone too, it appeared that Chima wasn't moving from the shelves... at all.

I decided to record the number on the seal for a Vultrix Sky Scavenger at the Lego Store. The same shelve of eight have just been sitting there collecting dust along with a majority of Chima according to both my observations and the help of a Lego Store employee.

Chima looks done. And judging by how "popular" they are in stores now, legomilk's post seems so much more likely.

I've found that to be the case as well. Except for the battle packs, everything just sits there.

Edited by Master_Data

Chima is truly over just see that on chima online :

"We are sorry to tell you that the game will no longer be accessible starting June 1, 2015 at 9:00am EST both online and through our iOS app."

Well I'm sad to learn that but the wheel turn.

Edited by Arkanta974

I love how the bear mech includes a honey pot!

Really loving the King Crominus Rescue set even more, now that we have official pics.

Nice, I wasn't expecting to see these at all. They must be coming out pretty soon, given we haven't seen official high-res pics of any sets in the other themes due for June release yet, thus giving me the indication that they might be out in May after all. Even though it looks immensely awkward, I'll be picking up the Rumble Bear for certain (since I want a vehicle from every tribe). Undecided on whether to pick up the other two sets or just buy Fire Harness Laval, Cragger and Rogon; Saraw and Crominus, and maybe Rinona (since it does appear that it's a significant variant) separately...

And even with these high-res pics, I still can't see if Crominus has croc kneepads or the generic Fire Chi legs, because on all shots of Crominus, they're obscured by the icecage or cut off :wacko:

Sorry for the double post... but Amazon.co.uk have put the Chima sets up on their site for pre-order, so now we know their GBP prices for certain. And the fact that I can only find them, the Flatiron Building and Jurassic World sets out of all the as-yet-unreleased sets (all have May release dates), I have a very good hunch that these will almost definitely be out next month (particularly since the Rumble Bear has a dispatch date of 3-5 weeks). At least in the UK that is.

Bladvic's Rumble Bear £34.99

Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold £49.99

King Crominus' Rescue £69.99

I did not expect Rinona to have new clothes. Dang, now I am kind of tempted to buy the set. I could always use more Rhinos. If only the Mammoth Stronghold came with Mungus....

I'm planning on getting the Rumble Bear sometime since I am obviously missing Bladvic and I haven't been able to find Iceklaw's mech anywhere. I doubt I'll get the others, which will make getting the new minifigs a pain in the butt :/

The Chima website has been updated with a story page identical to Ninjago's... Some interesting things to note are the mention of the Ice Tribe legend beasts, and some expanded storytelling after the Great Illumination. One thing that struck me as amusing was a "choose your own adventure" type game, where you were Laval and had to make important decisions. Every time you messed up, Lagravis would berate you, but in one scenario where the beavers builtd war machines and took over Lion city, Lagravis excuses it and says that no one would have seen that coming. In fact, the writers of the story seem well aware that the beavers always get the short end of the stick, and one of the scenarios in which you succeed involves Lagravis congratulating you for making Chima a more equal place by acknowledging beavers as a main tribe etc. It was all pretty amusing to me, especially with the running joke of the beavers being undervalued.

I'm impressed how Rinona has Fire Chi. That's a detail you would expect to be left out, but then, how many of you expected to get her again anyways?

I'm still not buying any of these due to financial concerns, but I really want the Bear Mech now...

And even with these high-res pics, I still can't see if Crominus has croc kneepads or the generic Fire Chi legs, because on all shots of Crominus, they're obscured by the icecage or cut off :wacko:

A picture of fire Crominus was released in the latest LEGO Club magazine depicting him with the croc version.

A picture of fire Crominus was released in the latest LEGO Club magazine depicting him with the croc version.

Thankyou very much - that's good news as that means I will only have to buy a spare original Crominus figure (or just the head and headpiece) to get Fire Chi Crominus. I had a spare Cragger so I already have Crominus' appropriate Fire CHI suit.

Now to just decide whether I need to bother with the new version of Rinona or not. I'll probably end up BL'ing her anyway.

Another questiion: has anything more been heard about with regards to this minifigure cube that has a "de-zombified" Fangar in it? I guess not, but I wonder if this cube will be the same in terms of availability as the last Target promotion? I guess it will be the last minifigure I get to fill on my Chima display board, given it may not release until Autumn/Fall (if ever).

Another questiion: has anything more been heard about with regards to this minifigure cube that has a "de-zombified" Fangar in it? I guess not, but I wonder if this cube will be the same in terms of availability as the last Target promotion? I guess it will be the last minifigure I get to fill on my Chima display board, given it may not release until Autumn/Fall (if ever).

^Some time this summer!

We honestly have no idea.

For all we know it could be another stocking stuffer this Christmas. Although, of course, then both Fangar and Kai will be even more irrelevant due to their respective themes having departed altogether* (Fangar) or departed in context (Stone Armor Kai was in Rebooted, nearly a year after release).

But, let's be honest, "normal people" :tongue: only buy these little box sets for the DC minifigure.

*Somewhat. Laval, Cragger, and Eris in their 2013 variants will be in Lego Dimensions this Fall.

But, let's be honest, "normal people" :tongue: only buy these little box sets for the DC minifigure.

I guess I'm not a "normal person" then since I only want Fangar :tongue: but good point about the irrelevancy of the figures.

But since there are no Targets in the UK, I'll probably end up importing a Fangar in from the US via a seller on BL, where the postage is almost as much as the figure :wacko: , just like I did with Fire Chi Lavertus. Still, much cheaper than buying the figure from a seller based in my own country (I've seen some that had the last Target promo box for up to £70 a box).

If the box isn't a Target promo, but instead exists as an SDCC offering (which can't be ruled out yet I suppose, but I think it's unlikely), I will never ever forgive LEGO :angry:

For all we know it could be another stocking stuffer this Christmas. Although, of course, then both Fangar and Kai will be even more irrelevant due to their respective themes having departed altogether* (Fangar) or departed in context (Stone Armor Kai was in Rebooted, nearly a year after release).

*Somewhat. Laval, Cragger, and Eris in their 2013 variants will be in Lego Dimensions this Fall.

Kai being outdated is irrelevant. After all, last year's cube included "Lloyd DX", who had never existed in-story even back when the DX Ninja were around, and was no more pertinent to that year's story than he ever could have been.

Also, do you have confirmation about the Chima characters being in Lego Dimensions? It'd be really cool if they were (I've actually been sketching Dimensions-style mini-vehicles for them on LDD), but I hadn't seen any news to that effect.

Edited by Lyichir

I thought the original uploader said the box would be relased this summer. As a Ninjago collector, having Stone Armor Kai is good, Lloyd and Zanr are the only two to have that varient thus far. Kai os the only real reason I want this box...