CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

Pictures of the Legends of Chima sets for next year (including unseen ones like 70225–70227) can be seen here! Pages 82 to 85!

Damn! I am quite disappointed in the minifigure allocation for this wave! To only get one beaver in one set isn't good for those who need the whole beaver population. What was with the new Mammoth Minifigure on the poster on Chima's Minisite then?

And plus, I know that some sets have to be reserved for the Summer Wave, but waiting until May to complete the collection of the fire wing harnesses will be difficult!

Edited by brickbuddy19

Mammoth Minifigure on the poster on Chima's Minisite then?

That's Mottrot.

Dang that Croc Copter looks awesome.

It appears that it is a dropship that can carry Laval's buggy around. I'm amazed at how large it is!

Bladvic's Bear Mech is the one I'm disappointed in. It looked so big an bulky in the show. Now it looks like it has a huge hole in it's belly. I hope that whatever it transforms into is cool.

The Mammoth Base is interesting. It appears that it is based of a portion of the Ice Fortress from the show, but a Mammoth motif instead. Would have loved to have another Mungus, to be honest. Rinona not having a Fire Suit of some sort is also a negative.

Edited by Penkid11

Bladvic didn't have his crown on in Episode 15.

So they went with the Bladvic without the crown!;)

Probably found it easier to reuse the same head for both of the Bear Minifigures!

Heya everyone. I hadn't seen any one post pics of Iceklaw yet, so I picked him at Target.

I'm in the process of building and getting him photographed, but I figured I'd toss up a quick iPhone shot of the parts layout in the meanwhile.

084e7501-40ec-4416-9292-8f67b9d5355f_zpsa5028874.jpg?t=1418779890

I'm not sure why, but I expected those bone-claw things to be the CCBS sized ones, hah.

Anyhow, I managed to get Iceklaw (I wonder if that's the name of the character or the mech?) photographed late last night, though it took a couple of tries. My camera would not focus on him one bit.

I'm not sure if I'll review him over here or not, but I'm in the process of gathering my thoughts on him to do a bit of a write-up for my blog.

LegoChima-IceKlaw004-216x300.jpg

LegoChima-IceKlaw010-300x226.jpgLegoChima-IceKlaw011-300x300.jpg

Yeah, Iceklaw is pretty awesome. I'll get that when it comes out.

In Australia, anyway

I think that you will be waiting a very long time before that polybag ever sees Australian Stores!

I think that you will be waiting a very long time before that polybag ever sees Australian Stores!

Yeah. Most likely. It would be quite a while.

Edited by LegoGuyK

I've got some good news and some bad news for anyone in London who wants these sets.

The good news is that the majority (it could possibly be all of them, I'm not too sure) of the sets have appeared in the Regent Street branch of Hamleys, along with next year's city and friends sets. The bad news is that because this is Hamleys,all of the prices have been put up a bit, but if you do want the sets early they are there.

Some other good news is that on the back of the box there's a picture of all the fire harnesses with the set numbers they appear in, but four of the harnesses actually have "COMING SOON" written below them instead, which pretty much confirms more sets coming out later in the year.

Some other good news is that on the back of the box there's a picture of all the fire harnesses with the set numbers they appear in, but four of the harnesses actually have "COMING SOON" written below them instead, which pretty much confirms more sets coming out later in the year.

Someone needs to look a few pages back :tongue:

A closer look at the Bladvic from Bladvic's Bear Mech reveals that he has the honey stripes printed on his headpiece!!:)

Honey stripes!?!?!?!?!?

So, I got the Croc Tribe Pack.

16064249525_053d31cb40_z.jpg

16062307831_8ab916e5ea_z.jpg

16062307811_16b24a5c03_z.jpg

15876803778_8b5d9148a0_z.jpg

15876962690_948c45238e_z.jpg

The minifigures in this set are great! All three are exclusive in some way to this set, as well as different from each other in a way (all do have the same torso and no back face print, though). The build is week, but there's some cool pieces, like the dark yellow/tan/beige/whatever color triangular piece, the flag piece, and the roof piece that looks like a rock formation in olive green.

Honey stripes!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah! In the final episode/s Bladvic is shown with stripes on his face due to his involvement with the Ice Bears and the battle he is about to engage in!

Edited by brickbuddy19

So, I got the Croc Tribe Pack.

The minifigures in this set are great! All three are exclusive in some way to this set, as well as different from each other in a way (all do have the same torso and no back face print, though). The build is week, but there's some cool pieces, like the dark yellow/tan/beige/whatever color triangular piece, the flag piece, and the roof piece that looks like a rock formation in olive green.

Thanks for the review Just2good! This is probably my second favourite tribe pack after the sabretooth one, although due to my love of crocs I'll likely get this one first.

Yeah! In the final episode/s Bladvic is shown with stripes on his face due to his involvement with the Ice Bears and the battle he is about to engage in!

Wow...that minifigure is so cool! Loving that printed chestplate, how many minifigures have it?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

Loving that printed chestplate, how many minifigures have it?

Eight of them feature that chestplate, each one with a different tribe emblem, so there's one for Lions (Laval), Crocs (Cragger), Eagles (Eris), Wolves (Worriz), Ravens (Razar), Gorillas (Gorzan), Bears (Bladvic) and Rhinos (Rogon).

On a slightly different note, I was able to find many of the Chima sets on sale in my local TRU today, so I bought the Claw Driller and the Sabertooth Tribe Pack (I wanted the Ultimate Phoenix, but that was one of the two they didn't have out, and staff said it didn't exist when they clearly had it in the stockroom :hmpf_bad: ). I've only pulled the minifigs out of the Claw Driller at the moment (saving the actual build for tomorrow), but I've got to say that they're fantastically exquisite :wub: I might post pictures of them later if anybody's interested.

I do remember someone saying they were disappointed with Rinona not getting a Fire CHI suit, but I think that's okay since neither Bulkar nor the Lions or Crocs in the tribe packs have one either.

I might post pictures of them later if anybody's interested.

That would be amazing!!:) I especially want to see the printing under Bulkar's armour. I am pretty glad to see that Bulkar's does not have a Fire Suit as he can fill in for the emptiness of generic Bear Minifigures in the Chima universe!! After all, the war has ended so no characters have a fire suit anymore. It would have been better to get a Bladvic with a crown and with no fire suit on though!!:(

Found Icebite's Claw Driller and Vultrix's Sky Scavenger at Target. Prices are $49.99 and $39.99 respectively in USD. Vultrix's Sky Scavenger was not detailed as a Target exclusive. I found that it was interesting that it took us a while to find images of it, yet it isn't an exclusive as far as I can tell.

May the hunt begin!

Edited by Penkid11

Did anyone see this? Lego's Youtube channel posted this webisode(It's in their Korean Playlist):

Now this is the true Chima finale. Probably won't set to well for the poeple who were looking foward to seeing the Dark Tribes coming back as villians,but I think it's really wonderful ending.

Did anyone see this? Lego's Youtube channel posted this webisode(It's in their Korean Playlist):

Now this is the true Chima finale. Probably won't set to well for the poeple who were looking foward to seeing the Dark Tribes coming back as villians,but I think it's really wonderful ending.

Agreed, it seemed really sweet to see it end with all the tribes in harmony. Also: Dark Tribes? I haven't heard of them before (or I've forgot)

Also: Dark Tribes? I haven't heard of them before (or I've forgot)

The "Dark Tribes" are the bats, spiders and scorpions! They could in no way come back as an enemy though, because in the Illumination every possible enemy was healed. I am glad that they made this the case, because there was not much going on with those tribes, in terms of possible sets.