CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

Is the Ice Bear's name "Icerlaw" or am I misreading it?

It reads Iceklaw. And it looks like a previously unknown member of the Ice Bears as he doesn't appear to come in any of the other sets we have pictures of.

But neat find though, and what a fine polybag mech! Those Mixel ball joints are so useful in that respect. And silver spider legs! Fingers crossed this polybag appears in the UK, or Iceklaw appears in one of the three retailer exclusives we don't have pictures for. Chima just keeps releasing so many new variants and new members, it's causing a real display problem for me. Even my A1 custom minifig display board is just 2 spaces from being full, and we still don't know if we're getting any new Mammoth or Bear characters!

What section of the Target store did you find it at, LegendsOfNinjago?

It's Iceklaw... I found it in the impulse sets by the front. I'm here in the middle of the US. I was surprised to see no one knew of it.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

@just2good I'll check when I get home. I saw it an really wanted the ice bear (off topic I came to the decision last night i wanted one animal from each tribe...) But the mech is really cool! by far the best Chima polybag to date.

Alright, thanks man. Looks like a great poly.

Just out of curiosity, I went onto the Chima microsite, and found they'd updated the Posters part and put some up with 2015 set stuff in it! Amongst other things, it shows a crystal clear picture of Icebite's Claw Driller and much of Tiger's Mobile Command as well as showing all the tribe leaders in fire wing harnesses. I think there's a strong possibility that the Bladvic in 70225 will have his fire wing harness, and I hope Laval and Cragger do make an appearance in one of the sets. It wouldn't make sense to leave those two out when we're getting harnesses for all the other tribes, would it?

Also, is that a new Mammoth character I spy in the corner of this PDF? Doesn't look like either Maula nor Mottrot to me.

I've got to say though, seeing these has got me really stoked for these new sets!

EDIT: Just realised there's Rogon in a fire wing harness too. I wonder if that variant of Rogon will appear in a set too?

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

The strange thing is, in the poster mentioned before about Bladvic in a fire wing harness, he has got his golden crown on. If you watch the final episode of Legends of Chima, you will see that Bladvic removed his crown with anger, and it was not present in these scenes. Since the animal heads are already designed and printed onto the harnesses in the poster (meaning they will most likely be a minifigure in one of the exclusive sets), will they remain with the Bladvic familiarised with 40 episodes, or will they use the Bladvic seen in only one episode,which was the final one?

Going by the poster, I believe that they will remain with the traditional Bladvic!

Edited by brickbuddy19

Since the animal heads are already designed and printed onto the harnesses in the poster (meaning they will most likely be a minifigure in one of the exclusive sets), will they remain with the Bladvic familiarised with 40 episodes, or will they use the Bladvic seen in only one episode,which was the final one?

39 episodes. Bladvic didn't have his crown on in Episode 15.

http://images.brickimedia.org/c/cc/Bladvic15.png

Edited by LuxorV

I sent Lego an Email earlier this week regarding the status of the Speedorz sets that were allegedly revealed at Toy Fair this past winter:

70152: Lava Breakout

70153: Fang Trap

70154: Frozen Fortress

The response:

Sadly, I do not have much information on any new Legends of Chima sets coming out in 2015 including 70152: Lava Breakout, 70153: Fang Trap, and 70154: Frozen Fortress sets.

Sure they specifically said 2015, but does it look like we'll see new Speedorz released in 2014? (There are only 20 days left...)

If they even were in production, it looks like we won't be seeing them on the shelves. It would be interesting if they turned out to be fake this entire time... really interesting.

Edited by Penkid11

If they even were in production, it looks like we won't be seeing them on the shelves. It would be interesting if they turned out to be fake this entire time... really interesting.

Well, it's sad that these never really made it into the wild really. All the evidence that I've probably already pointed out at some point points towards "they had started to go into production or at least in the final stages of pre-production planning, but they pulled the plug". There are gaps in the card numbers where the cards in the unreleased sets would have sat, weapons that didn't exist in any of the known sets made it into the weapon bios on Chima.com, the numbering is right in the middle of the Summer 2014 Speedorz sets, so these were unlikely to be fake, and lastly, they've pictured Rogon in a Fire Chi suit (possibly one of the minifigs in one of the unreleased Speedorz sets) for months on the Chima microsite

My best guess is that they met a similar fate to what the Chima constraction line suffered this year in North America. But I'd really like to know the truth behind it all. There's still a slim chance they simply got pushed back to 2015 after all.

I just saw all of the non-exclusive winter sets at Intertoys here in the Netherlands. Surprisingly, none of the other themes were on shelves yet.

Hey guys.

I have found 70220 and 70221 in my local toy store, and picked 70221 up. No sign of 70222. 70223. 70224. 70225 and the army builders yet.

Also, kudos to Fætter BR and LEGO for providing then early. :classic:

I picked up the 4 tribe packs today at TRU here in Sweden (Uppsala). They had the other new Chima sets as well, but I'm not really interested in those. The tribe packs however are more to my liking. I enjoyed the Lion set the most, but the Ice bears are also nice (although the trans-blue legs and arms are annoying). I wish we could have one with gorillas as well.

Pictures of the Legends of Chima sets for next year (including unseen ones like 70225–70227) can be seen here! Pages 82 to 85!

Nice find Aanchir! I just knew we'd get Bladvic and Rogon in their fire harnesses. Though I must express my utter dismay with the fact that the Mammoth stronghold actually contains no new Mammoths whatsoever. We just get Maula and Mottrot again. There's a new Sabertooth Tiger in the Crominus set, and it appears that Iceklaw (the polybag Ice Bear) also makes an appearance in the Bladvic set. And nice to see the gold beast feet make an appearance in the Bladvic set too!

All in all, I think I'm going to skip over the Mammoth Base (to be honest, it looks rather weak to me) and go for the rest of the sets. I'll probably buy Rogon in his fire harness via other means instead.

But 70225-70227 apparently aren't going to be released until MAY (if my very fragmentary German serves me right)? Doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me. Unless these are in fact Summer wave Chima sets and not retailer exclusives... but I hope that I'm wrong and all the sets will be released simultaneously.

Pictures of the Legends of Chima sets for next year (including unseen ones like 70225–70227) can be seen here! Pages 82 to 85!

Eh, really not liking the look of any of these (the three May sets). :wacko:

Edited by just2good