CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

Does... does Vultrix have a crown? Vulture king confimred!

I was not expecting this set! At all. I wonder if these were the Vuture vehicles that were attacking the eight tribe leaders in the final episode of the TV series.

I have a feeling that the four "exclusive" sets that have yet or just been revealed are going to be Spring releases, thus justifying Lego's statement in saying that "Chima isn't quite done yet."

Oh no... only days after getting over price shock for my 2015 wants list and a day after taking the plunge on the Target exclusive Lavertus, another previously unknown set I want comes along! I would have been able to skip this set but it just had to include a new Vulture character. Looks like another £30 set to me (minus typical TRU inflation of course). But it's nice to have a new Vulture-centric set here, as I felt that they were somewhat under-represented otherwise in terms of Vulture vehicles

Is there any sightings or news of the other three retail exclusive sets yet apart from what's already mentioned in this thread? I need to know if any of them have minifigures I can skip over to save my wallet :tongue:

Does... does Vultrix have a crown? Vulture king confimred!

I was not expecting this set! At all. I wonder if these were the Vuture vehicles that were attacking the eight tribe leaders in the final episode of the TV series.

I have a feeling that the four "exclusive" sets that have yet or just been revealed are going to be Spring releases, thus justifying Lego's statement in saying that "Chima isn't quite done yet."

I'm pretty sure Vultrix is female. Printed curves. Plus "-trix" is basically the feminine equivalent of "-tor" in Latin, hence names like "Bellatrix".

So Fire vs Ice 2 is the final Chima wave? Dang, that was fast. Did the sales fail or was this the original plan since the start? 2 years and half for a any theme is pretty good, but I get the feeling Lego was expecting a FAR longer and bigger success.

Also, awesome to see more females among villains and positions of power. Hopefully BIONICLE follows suit!

Edited by Shakar

So Fire vs Ice 2 is the final Chima wave?

It's not entirely certain. I've been hearing through one ear that this is the last wave, and through the other I've been hearing that further waves are to come :wacko: As one of the fans of the theme, I will be sad to see Chima go, but at the same time if Winter 2015 is the last wave Chima gets, it will allow me to redirect money towards the numerous other themes I have an interest in, which isn't a bad thing whichever way you cut it.

That said, Chima did give us some very cool new moulds (yes the pun was intended :tongue: ) that we might not have seen otherwise, like the new claws and the ice cage. Discovering new moulds (that aren't used on minifigures) is always a delight for me upon opening a brand new recently released set, and Chima satisfied that more than anything.

Now, just to wait for the other three sets (and maybe this rumoured Mammoth BP) to properly reveal themselves...

Frax is obtainable outside the polybag!

If Vultrix is female, I think it's subtle. Then again, the image is grainy on my computer, so that might be what's happening.

Wow this set looks great! I wasn't too excited about the new winter wave, the new sets are very average, except some beauties, but this Vulture plane is awesome. I like the scrappile junkie look of it, and the new Vulture also looks nice, probably the only set I will get from the new line.

Wow. I don't think I was expecting that. Cool!

And it does look similar to an X-wing.

Edited by LegoGuyK

The Dutch website SpeelGoedNL has different names for the remaining three sets:

70225 Bladvic's Rumble Bear

70226 Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold

70227 King Crominus' Rescue

The names above are what appears on the site. They are not in Googlish (Google Translate English).

The above list is listed in order of price in Euros, meaning that Bladvic's Rumble Bear is the smallest of the three.

I can't wait to see more of these upcoming ones. This one is a great set, and I would like to see more like this. It would be interesting to see what they will do next...

New Polybag

I forgot the number but I got it at Target...

Source: http://thegreenninja.tumblr.com/post/104842439767/hello-i-normally-dont-post-chima-but-ive-never

Can you deep link the picture on Flickr? Internet is blocked here and I'm really curious. :grin:

EDIT: Nevermind, saw it! Did you find it at Target? And, what is the DCPI code for it shown on the receipt? :classic:

Edited by just2good

@just2good I'll check when I get home. I saw it an really wanted the ice bear (off topic I came to the decision last night i wanted one animal from each tribe...) But the mech is really cool! by far the best Chima polybag to date.