CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

I knew LEGO was putting as much effort into Legends of Chima as Ninjago (despite bad Speedorz sales), but I wasn't quite sold on the fact that it was quite popular with kids. That is, until I saw a little boy as Laval (with Chi shoulder armor, lion face paint, and foam Royal Valious... the whole thing) show up at my door trick-or-treating tonight. LEGO has achieved something here.

No Lloyds, however, and not even Emmets (though I saw a very well-done costume online today). PLENTY of Elsas (not surprisingly).

I saw a little Emmet earlier. He came back without his Piece of Resistence, and when I asked where it was, he said he had become a Master Builder and defeated President Business.. So cute!

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

I knew LEGO was putting as much effort into Legends of Chima as Ninjago (despite bad Speedorz sales), but I wasn't quite sold on the fact that it was quite popular with kids. That is, until I saw a little boy as Laval (with Chi shoulder armor, lion face paint, and foam Royal Valious... the whole thing) show up at my door trick-or-treating tonight. LEGO has achieved something here.

No Lloyds, however, and not even Emmets (though I saw a very well-done costume online today). PLENTY of Elsas (not surprisingly).

Hey, I was surprised to see a Toa Metru Vakama show up! (anyway, off topic, sorry)

Not sure if anybody's noticed this yet, but this site appears to give indications of the prices for the Winter 2015 Chima wave. Including those of the 3 sets we've yet to get pictures of (I'd keep an eye on this page in case the pictures surface! :laugh: ). If those prices are indeed correct, some of those PPP ratios will look absolutely fantastic, especially on Icebite's Claw Driller (though I have my doubts, it's highly unusual to see >600 piece sets for under 40 Euros :look: )

I do not know if it's a mixup of the set numbers or if it's correct, but a couple of months ago people were thinking that Bladvic's Bear Mech was the most expensive set of the 3 we've yet to see pictures of. That does not appear to be true, and in fact the Cragger set is the most expensive of them instead. Appears that the Bladvic and Cragger sets might have got assigned to the wrong set numbers maybe?

Thoughts?

Not sure if anybody's noticed this yet, but this site appears to give indications of the prices for the Winter 2015 Chima wave. Including those of the 3 sets we've yet to get pictures of (I'd keep an eye on this page in case the pictures surface! :laugh: ). If those prices are indeed correct, some of those PPP ratios will look absolutely fantastic, especially on Icebite's Claw Driller (though I have my doubts, it's highly unusual to see >600 piece sets for under 40 Euros :look: )

I do not know if it's a mixup of the set numbers or if it's correct, but a couple of months ago people were thinking that Bladvic's Bear Mech was the most expensive set of the 3 we've yet to see pictures of. That does not appear to be true, and in fact the Cragger set is the most expensive of them instead. Appears that the Bladvic and Cragger sets might have got assigned to the wrong set numbers maybe?

Thoughts?

I've checked that site's prices for a couple themes and it seems like their prices are just oddly cheap for some reason. Current sets like the Nindroid MechDragon from LEGO Ninjago are also priced way lower than RRP there.

Brickshop.nl seems to list more realistic prices for themes like Pirates, Speed Champions, and Elves, though they don't have any listings yet for new sets from certain themes including Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and BIONICLE.

I've checked that site's prices for a couple themes and it seems like their prices are just oddly cheap for some reason. Current sets like the Nindroid MechDragon from LEGO Ninjago are also priced way lower than RRP there.

Brickshop.nl seems to list more realistic prices for themes like Pirates, Speed Champions, and Elves, though they don't have any listings yet for new sets from certain themes including Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and BIONICLE.

Fair enough (but 40 Euros for the Claw Driller would have been :wub: if it were true, which it might be but now I'm erring towards 50 Euros being more correct).I'm only talking in Euros because the site states prices in Euros by the way.

In fact, I only happened to notice the other prices when I noticed that they had the Bladvic mech and the Croc-copter seemingly the wrong way around. But I guess until set pictures come out, on the site I linked to or elsewhere, there's no definite way of telling what way round they will be I guess.

Has there been any more news on the Mammoth Tribe Pack (not on this forum, obviously)? At first I thought it was a rumour, but no I'm not so sure. Has anything been confirmed about that or is there any chance it is true.

If Lego does make one, I'll literally bankrupt myself on buying multiple copies. All they would need to do to absolutely make my day/ruin me is make a wolf tribe pack.

Has there been any more news on the Mammoth Tribe Pack (not on this forum, obviously)? At first I thought it was a rumour, but no I'm not so sure. Has anything been confirmed about that or is there any chance it is true.

I haven't heard anything about it anywhere other than on this site. I'd say it's still a possibility but still treat it as an unconfirmed rumour. We may not know for sure until the sets start appearing for sale or images for it appear on LEGO's server.

And while I'm here, has anybody else noticed that the site that has given us some pictures of 2015 sets has now taken all the 2015 set listings down (site linked a few posts above)? Looks like we're going to have to wait until the images appear on LEGO's server at Christmas for the 3 sets which are yet to have pictures (that or they get spotted early at TRU again). A bit disappointing, even a minifigure list for those would suffice for me at the moment...

Anyone else a bit disappointed that all these sets only appeared in two episodes?

Edited by legozebra

Anyone else a bit disappointed that all these sets only appeared in two episodes?

I agree! I find it strange that they have released this many sets, but seem to have rushed the final two episodes. The fire wing harnesses should have been found gradually(like the legend beasts were), instead of rushing it in order to meet their 41 episodes "restriction". At least we know what Bladvic's Bear Mech and Cragger's Choc Copter look like!

I am saddened by the fact that they were the last episodes though! I do not feel that they needed to create the assumption that Chima is a large plate floating on another land!:( I have heard that there will be one final wave half way through 2015 though; hopefully they stick to this!

I was disappointed to find out that Bladvic's Bear Mech and Cragger's Croc Copter look like complete rehashes.

Cragger's Croc Copter look nearly exact to Lavertus' Twin Blade (it's not a good set, either).

Bladvic's Bear Mech looks like it can transform into a car/truck of some sort, but it looks nearly identical to Icebite's Claw Driller.

Also, Flinx' Ultimate Phoenix CAN be considered the Phoenix Legend Beast.

I hope the series doesn't continue, as the amount of closure we got from these last to episodes of the show was perfect. No need to do more. I loved Chima in its own way, but nothing lasts forever.

I'd also like to congratulate Lego for finishing their first television series that was fully completed with closure. Galidor and HERO Factory have been forgiven.

I was disappointed to find out that Bladvic's Bear Mech and Cragger's Croc Copter look like complete rehashes.

Cragger's Croc Copter look nearly exact to Lavertus' Twin Blade (it's not a good set, either).

Bladvic's Bear Mech looks like it can transform into a car/truck of some sort, but it looks nearly identical to Icebite's Claw Driller.

Also, Flinx' Ultimate Phoenix CAN be considered the Phoenix Legend Beast.

I hope the series doesn't continue, as the amount of closure we got from these last to episodes of the show was perfect. No need to do more. I loved Chima in its own way, but nothing lasts forever.

I'd also like to congratulate Lego for finishing their first television series that was fully completed with closure. Galidor and HERO Factory have been forgiven.

Where did you see craggers copter and bladvic's bear mech?

Where did you see craggers copter and bladvic's bear mech?

You can find them in episodes 40 and 41 (the Series Finale) of the TV series.

Simply search the internet. The episodes should be easy to find.

You can find them in episodes 40 and 41 (the Series Finale) of the TV series.

Simply search the internet. The episodes should be easy to find.

Alright thanks, i just never see the Chima episodes.

Hah! I'm glad I wasn't the only person who watched Galidor!

I feel like for its case, though, they weren't really sure if they would have a third season or not, and gave it a pseudo happy ending... Although I am going to admit that I didn't find the series that bad. Having rewetted all the episodes recently, I feel like the Galidor series was not really that bad (save for the horrid CGI) and it was very entertaining, even more so than certain Chima episodes...

Anyway, going back to topic.

I noticed that listings for the 2015 sets started showing up on Amazon UK - not much of note apart from that we now know the GBP prices, but what intrigued me most about the Chima listings though was the description for the Lion Tribe pack, particularly the first bullet point:

• Includes 3 minifigures: Li'Ella and 2 Lion Warriors
  • Roar into battle with Li'Ella and her noble tribe of Lion warriors!
  • Features a Lion Tribe banner, Fire Frowa disc shooter and 2 walls with fire torches
  • Weapons include Li'Ella's Fire Spykor plus a Rotatooth sword and a Rip Roasta stud shooter plus a shield
  • Gather the warriors around the Lion Tribe banner

It turns out that one of the Lionesses in the pack IS indeed Li'Ella. It's not even a "generic Li'Ella clone" (as I'd originally written it off as)! Not sure if that bodes well for army building for those into that sort of thing :look:

But then again, Star Wars battle packs suffer similar problems so I guess this sort of thing is normal for LEGO to do.

Still no sign of either the supposed Speedorz packs we heard about with this year's Summer wave sets, or any sign of any listings for 70225, 70226 or 70227 (though if they were all retailer exclusives, that would make sense I suppose).

We also have names for the other "Generals" (the harness wearing minifigs) in the Battle Packs:

-We know that Li'Ella is in the Lion one.

-General Crokenburg of the Crocodiles

-General Sirox of the Saber-Tooth Tigers

-& General Icerlot of the Ice-Bears

The other soldiers are un-named.

I don't think there will be any more new Speedorz, as fun as they are. Ninjago's "final" wave didn't have any spinners.

We also have names for the other "Generals" (the harness wearing minifigs) in the Battle Packs:

-We know that Li'Ella is in the Lion one.

-General Crokenburg of the Crocodiles

-General Sirox of the Saber-Tooth Tigers

-& General Icerlot of the Ice-Bears

The other soldiers are un-named.

As much as I like Li'Ella, I think I would have preferred to have got a new Lioness (or Lion) General character in the Lion battle pack, just to increase the amount of unique Lionesses we have. Especially when the other Generals are brand new named characters.

But anyway, good spot. I didn't read all the product descriptions (only the Lion one out of curiosity) so thaat's why I didn't notice that there were named Generals in the other sets.

One of them is Superboy. Check DC Superheroes sub-forum. :wink:

I know, but I didn't know that when I posted this. 3rd minifigure is City Swamp Policeman.

So there's a rumor circulating about Legends Of Chima returning in late 2015, any news on that?

Well, I remember a set designer on here acted like it would continue throughout 2015...

Well, I remember a set designer on here acted like it would continue throughout 2015...

If it does continue throughout 2015, I hope that they catch up on some sets that could have been released. Beaver Dam. Crocodile Tank (Crominus and Crunket's vehicle is episode 1 of the TV series). The remaining legend beasts. Dom de la Woosh. A complete Shadowind (PLEASE, Lego!).