CM4Sci

Legends of Chima 2015

Sabress in the Tiger's Mobile Command says "Hi!"

I really don't like the design they chose for the beavers. You can clearly see the teeth on the Yeti head and its... distracting, really.

I was hoping that we'd get Bevar, to be honest (unless we've been mislead this entire time!)

I'm also not feeling the new bear mold. It's okay. It will suffice, but I was hoping for something a little less chunky than that.

Tormak's Shadow Blazer is my day one purchase. It has truly lived up to my expectations from the preliminaries.

Am I the only one hoping that this isn't the last wave?

I'm really needing a Shadowind Minifig complete with helmet, cape, and armor!

Her name is literally 'Sibress'.

I want ShadoWind too, you're not alone!

Yeti beaver? Oh, no. Of all the new moulds they could have made, they passed the opportunity up and instead made three new flames? Otherwise, it looks good, especially that there are new tribes. It's interesting that Tormak/Panthar's vehicle has the same gimmick as Cole's Tread Assault. Did we really need a mech, though?

Edited by 8BrickMario

I personally like the beaver, it looks nothing like the show though. That set looks expensive, so i will probably end up not getting the beaver. Even though he looks nothing like the show, i like him.

Wow, that beaver is awful. Looks like a short, muddy yeti with a buckteeth sticker on his chin. He doesn't even have a tail! If they printed the tail on his back, it's gonna be even worse. I could understand the reuse of the Yeti mold if the money went into a tail mold, but this is just lazy.

The bears don't look as good as I had hoped either. They look kinda chubby, unlike in the TV show. The rest looks pretty good though, especially the Tribe Packs. Infinitely better than Speedorz.

Why do I feel M.A. Larson had something to do with this? Adding wings to all the characters? :laugh:

All in all, the sets look really dang good, particularly the army builder. Those are buy at launch for me. :wub: All in all, good stuff! I may wind up picking a few of these up! :thumbup:

Edited by Kintobor

I love these! :wub: They all look great, but the Tiger vehicles are MUST-HAVE for me!! I'll be picking up some of the Tribe Packs on day one, January is gonna be expensive. The beaver doesn't look great, but it's cute. It's awesome LEGO is putting 2 out of 3 female figures in a set, I'm guessing it will be a plot point later in the show.

That phoenix flyer is a must-buy for me! I love the new fiery wings on the eagle and wolf characters, though I wish they had used those for the phoenix tribe instead of the plain orange wings. The tiger tank/base set looks pretty sweet too. Some of this wave and last (the first fire/ice wave) are a little "eh" for me, but some certainly stand out in terms of detail or minifigures. I've always love the Chima minifigures, even if some of the sets are a little weird for me.

Don't really like the beaver, but this wave is great. I gave up on Chima after the first wave (mainly Cragger's boat), but this wave will most likely pull me back in. The Phoenix Flyer looks like a great, cheaper set, and the Tiger Base is a must for me. :wub: Also (for those who watch the show), is there a reason there's no Cragger or Laval in this wave?

I don't think the beaver looks that bad. Wish he had a printed torso. I do love Flinx's Pheonix Glider. I'll have to pick up some of those new large flame pieces to use as swords for 2015 Tahu.

And Meso looks like you were wrong. Those 4M shells are Trans Orange. The same ones we got in 2014 Chima Ultrabuilds.

70222 - Tormak's Shadow Blazer

I think this set is is interesting, the front of the vehicule flips from black to orange. Tormak is a must have minifigure and Sykor is kinda rare too. Not a big fan of the vehicule outside its flip function, parts are somewhat common and not that new.

70220 - Strainor's Saber Cycle

Probably the least interesting set for me. Common minifigures and a weird vehicule. At least it has dark orange? Not sure of that color name, and dark tan slopes. A maybe not new trans blue weapon tip thing too which is nice.

70229 - Lion Tribve Pack

2 lionnes in a battle pack. Pretty amazing :) And the male is fairly generic so it's a good one! The weapons are meh. But you get a round plate 1x1 launcher and a shield :)!

70224 - Tiger's Mobile Command

The minifigures are interesting in this one. 2 new tigers, wow. A new Sabertoorh named Sibress, my all time favorite Sir Fangar. The not new mould for the UGLY beaver. Green pants.... Gosh, what the hell is this. And Eris, which only has new wings and armor. The huge vehicule is pretty weird looking, not too sure about what I think of it. The detachable 2-wheels vehicule are not new and are similar to the one we got in the first wave of Chima... Well, if you neen bright orange bricks you have a deal.

70221 - Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix

This set looks amazing! The minifigures ain't that amazing in this one but there's a lot of great parts (action figures fans will be happy) and I believe it will be a huge success for kids too, the end result is very nice! Day 1 purchase!

70231 - Crocodile Tribe Pack

Ever wanted a generic croc army pack? This set is exactly what you are searching for! After LOTR Uruk-Hai armies, we have a Crocodile army setting up :P!

70232 - Saber-Tooth Tiger Tribe Pack

We all know I'm a big fan of the Sabertooth tribe. They are generic and covers a new blue color which is my favorite minifigure of this wave. I'll get this set multiple times and ask for it at chritmas for sure hahaha.

70230 - Ice Bear Tribe Pack

Bears! Pretty happy to get a new tribe again with lots of variants! A generic set once again, perfect for an army builder! Switch parts as you get new sets and you can set up many different bears :)!

70223 - Icebite's Claw Driller

Not sure why a mech. But we get more bears variants including the friendly Bulkar! Icebite has a nice "helmet" in gold too. At least the set has great parts too, lots of nice tooth/claw/spikes. A nice set in the end!

70231 - Crocodile Tribe Pack

Ever wanted a generic croc army pack? This set is exactly what you are searching for! After LOTR Uruk-Hai armies, we have a Crocodile army setting up :P!

You are so right. Thats exactly the kind of set, that I wished for, at last, my Crawley wont feel so alone. Seems like christmas will be in january, for me.

I couldn't help but notice the Beaver, I must say it looks awful :sceptic: . I have never bought a Chima set, but i do know Lego can do better with the molds :look:

Good lord almighty, the Lion Tribe Pack is 2/3 female? That's practically unheard-of in an action theme! Shame the other three packs are universally male, especially the two bad guy battle packs since we hadn't seen any female members of either of those tribes. All the figs in these packs look fantastic, though.

Pretty agree with that. I think there could be a female vulture warrior as Eris' competent rival. Though the two lioness in one set are unexpected, I think every other battle pack could also include two guys + one lady.

The work on beavor is lazy, of course. I assume TLG regard them as none-fighting tribe and that wouldn't appeal young consumers even if they get new molds. It looks like a cartoon fanservice like Dareth's case, but it doesn't work at all.

Edited by Dorayaki

Since I don't follow the tv show I wanted to ask if Panthar is a good guy or not.

Panthar is Tormak after being burnt or something. I wouldn't know how, the episode with that scene hasn't aired in the USA yet. I initially thought that he was going to turn evil (the constraction set makes him look like a big bad), but it looks like he is still good, as he is seen fighting alongside Gorzan in that new set.

The new launchers look great. More compact than I had expected (with the launcher piece itself only occupying a 1x4 space), and looking like they should function decently. In fact, I wonder if there are applications for them other than launchers—they'd work well as a "coin slot" on a large-scale arcade machine!

Wow, that beaver is awful. Looks like a short, muddy yeti with a buckteeth sticker on his chin. He doesn't even have a tail! If they printed the tail on his back, it's gonna be even worse. I could understand the reuse of the Yeti mold if the money went into a tail mold, but this is just lazy.

The bears don't look as good as I had hoped either. They look kinda chubby, unlike in the TV show. The rest looks pretty good though, especially the Tribe Packs. Infinitely better than Speedorz.

I was really hoping for a tail similar to Furty's ad Skinnet's... The teeth really distract me.

Panthar is Tormak after being burnt or something. I wouldn't know how, the episode with that scene hasn't aired in the USA yet. I initially thought that he was going to turn evil (the constraction set makes him look like a big bad), but it looks like he is still good, as he is seen fighting alongside Gorzan in that new set.

Well just because he uses fire doesn't mean he is a good guy.I hope he's evil,he looks the part for being a rouge kinda anti hero or something like that.

About the beaver I suppose I'm the only one who actually is ok with how it looks like.

Edited by LOTR343

Well just because he uses fire doesn't mean he is a good guy.I hope he's evil,he looks the part for being a rouge kinda anti hero or something like that.

About the beaver I suppose I'm the only one who actually is ok with how it looks like.

Notice the fire motifs around his icon on the box.

On most if not all boxes that prominently feature factions, each faction is usually directly facing the other. All members of one faction face one direction while the other faction faces the other. i.e. Both Grozan and Panthar are looking and moving in the same direction.

Not to mention that Panthar is a disgraced Tormak seeking forgiveness, not a manipulated Tormak that wishes todestroy the fire factions.

Panthar is an alter ego, like ShadoWind. He only adopted a different name because he was damaged. He's still very much the good guy, but the twist was supposed to be huge. And if I'm wrong, please don't hurt me. I haven't seen it and can't be sure.

Edited by 8BrickMario