droomangroup

[MOC] Jeep CJ5's

as a continuation of my 4x4 series, i made a few Jeep CJ5's. i've attached the LXF file if you wish to check it out.

anyway enjoy....

UxPlld2.jpg

nrWjphW.jpg

like my UTV builds the two seats are more for looks than function....

PtY3rT5.jpg

interior dash, w/ speedo and passenger side grab bar...

w10r3xP.jpg

some bottom side details, a faux driveshaft...

xX8aqyk.jpg?1

the typical 4x4 gear i add to my MOC's, a spare tire and a jerry can and hilift jack of my own design...

YYGKfjL.jpg

next i'm working on a YJ with different headlights, front fenders, door openings, and rollcage.

I'm too lazy to make perfect instructions for this, however, here's some notes to supplement the crappy instructions from LDD (assuming your LDD gives you the same instructions)...

+ STEP 3, add a 2x4 black plate (from step 8) in front of the 1x6 plate on top of the main 2x12 plate before adding the 4x10 plate

+ STEP 6, before starting, jump to step 72 to make SNOT assembly that fills the fender gap, add that on first

+ STEP 10, before adding the 2x3 brick, you can add two downward facing 1x2 brackets (from step 91/92) to the top of the frontmost 1x4 plate you just added

+ STEP 14, save the hood until after step 88.

+ STEP 16, do step 17 first.

+ STEP 20, before adding the black 1x2 plate, add a 1x4 black plate that sticks out 2 studs past the rear of the jeep (from step 78) this will be the rack for the jerry can

+ STEP 21/22, you can add the four 1x2 plates with mounting studs on both sides of the 1x1 plate before adding the 1x2 tiles that overlap them. (the 1x2 plates with mounting studs show up in steps 28/30 & 59/62)

+ STEP 23, before adding the 1x4 plate you can mount the black and colored (white) technics 1x2 bricks with axle holes to the open 2x2 space, (these bricks are found in step 81), note the black brick can be a regular technics brick with a round hole, it's main function is to just give the small axle we'll use some room to go into, the outer brick should be an axle brick though since it will hold the spare tire in position.

+ STEP 24-26, do these steps AFTER doing steps 50-56

+ STEP 50, before starting, do steps 53-56

+ STEP 56, afterwards don't forget to go back and do steps 24-26

+ STEP 65, do after step 68 (unless you are a wizard)

hope that helps, brick on folks!

jeep-cj-v5-white.lxf.zip

Edited by droomangroup

AWESOME.....best designs yet 'droomgroup'.......oh, I think have to make one.....time to download that file. :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'droomgroup' ! :grin:

Wow! I need to build that. You've definitely captured that iconic shape.

Thanks for sharing the LXF file.

Wow! You caught the essence of the classic Jeep. Very nice build!

And I love how you captured the rounded CJ5 shape of the area where the door cut-out meets the top of the tub. Excellent detail!

The yellow one is a nice rebuild of set 5510 on city scale.

ha, yes! i forgot all about that one.

Wow, those are really cool! :classic:

thx :)

Wow! You caught the essence of the classic Jeep. Very nice build!

And I love how you captured the rounded CJ5 shape of the area where the door cut-out meets the top of the tub. Excellent detail!

thanks! that door cutout was definitely an important detail for me. i made a white one for my brother-in-law who was visiting my house in Moab (aka Jeep heaven) and i wanted to make sure this really screamed CJ5 to match his jeep. The trick with that curve was finding a way to fill the fender gap underneath it. had to do some wacky SNOT action to make it work, but i'm really happy that it worked out, it really is a key detail.

hey everyone, I've added some tips in my original post around the instructions that LDD makes so it's a little easier to follow. I hope it is useful!

Very nice design for a jeep! I'm always amazed at how people could make vehicles- I'm awful at it. ;)

Thanks Homer J, I think with cars, and many things lego, it's about nailing the key design elements of a given subject. it doesn't hurt to be obsessed with cars :)

Good, very good! Thank you for instructions!

Sorry my English...

Thanks or спасибо Nick! Your English is much better than my Russian :)

Having the driveshaft and dashboard shit bar details included just blows my mind. Definitely making a couple of these for me and the kids. Pastels for my daughter's, of course. Time to go brick shopping. Thanks for the file!