Wedge09

Hidden Garden's Church

Here we are with another freebuild: Hidden Garden's Church.

I wanted to build for one time something religious and so I come up with this: a church with adjacent a small cemetery with tombstones and crosses. Ah, and I know I used yellow and flash minifig but I didn't want to change all of them to one color and I like it anyway. :wink:

This is part of the Avalonian Task 4 - Historican Settlements in the category Religious: Chapel, Monastery, Temple, Shrine, in particularly as a Chapel.

C&C are always welcome and I hope you Enjoy it! :classic:

15035503705_e2bd6bc289_c.jpg

Hidden Garden haven't a real church as a detailed religion; every citizen had the greatest freedom, as long as he or she didn't go to bother too much the rest of the inhabitants or threatened the safety of the population and of the entire state.

The church of Hidden Garden is therefore more of a gathering place than a whorship place, even if there are still some liturgical functions. It is located in an separated area from the main village and it is slightly higher than Hidden Garden, so from the adjacent cemetery is possible to observe the whole village that is nevertheless becoming more a small town than a village.

In this sunny day, Alexander Vandangant accompanies Lyanna to meet Amos Graverascal that will held a function; Alexander isn't very religious but he didn't miss the opportunity of being able to accompany Lyanna and have a chat with Amos, always interesting.

They are not the only, others people of Erila have come to attend the function and speak with Amos....

14848871728_873aced4a2_c.jpg

14848973997_5e11eb9eb9_c.jpg

14848953168_0d3d1e0788_c.jpg

15018883096_375739acdc_c.jpg

Griffindor bed! Nice clean build, and I like the logs at the back. I didn't know if you knew, but the roof is a little of centered. I just can't stand of centered for some reason.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the design a lot but I do notice that the roof is a little off centre but that seems to add the the overall look in my opinion :)

Another great temple/chapel build - Religion reallly seems to be thriving in Historica these days!

I like the simple look - really does look like a medieval chapel in a smaller town.

Notable details:

The mosaic windows - great!

The log piles in the rear - I am SO going to steal that... :devil:

The different tombstones are looking nice too. Maybe you could have added some ground texture to suggest a recently dug grave?

Nice church Wedge! I like the cut tree and the various tombstones. Cool thing is that you have interior also and removable roofs!! Great! :thumbup:

Edited by Gunman

Good really, really nice mosaic on the front and the interior is well-furnished and appealing :thumbup:

Cool, i'm also working on a church moc, though a bit less religious.. Looks great!

Another nice religous building in Historica! I like the roofs a lot, and without it you could make this into a lovely ruin before you tear the whole MOC apart :classic:

Nice church Wedge!!! The living space of the priest is absolutely top-notch!

Very cool church, wedge. The stained glass windows and interior details are my favorite sections :thumbup:

I think the outer walls would look better if there were some depth changes, a few buttresses sort of like you did on the rear wall, or having the windows recessed a bit, etc. That way the walls wouldn't look so flat :classic:

Nice, I like the log piles at the rear!

Nice little church. :wink:

Thanks Lord Vladivus and Behemonth, I'm happy you all like it! :classic:

Griffindor bed! Nice clean build, and I like the logs at the back. I didn't know if you knew, but the roof is a little of centered. I just can't stand of centered for some reason.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the design a lot but I do notice that the roof is a little off centre but that seems to add the the overall look in my opinion :)

It's not griffondor :angry: but you right! when I choose the color scheme I didn'0t thought about it! :grin: I know the roof is a little of center, I saw it when I was editing the photos but I haden't the time to do new photos. I'm happy you like it anyway! :wink:

Another great temple/chapel build - Religion reallly seems to be thriving in Historica these days!

I like the simple look - really does look like a medieval chapel in a smaller town.

Notable details:

The mosaic windows - great!

The log piles in the rear - I am SO going to steal that... :devil:

The different tombstones are looking nice too. Maybe you could have added some ground texture to suggest a recently dug grave?

Hey, people don't die every day in Hidden Garden :laugh: anyway, glad you like it! :classic:

Nice church Wedge! I like the cut tree and the various tombstones. Cool thing is that you have interior also and removable roofs!! Great! :thumbup:

Good really, really nice mosaic on the front and the interior is well-furnished and appealing :thumbup:

Cool, i'm also working on a church moc, though a bit less religious.. Looks great!

Nice church! Very roomy and spacious! :thumbup:

Nice church Wedge!!! The living space of the priest is absolutely top-notch!

Really cool Wedge! The stained glass is cool, as well as the interior.

Thanks Gunman, Scaevola, Jorrinth, Mike S, Maxim I and Hammerhand, glad you all like it! :classic:

Another nice religous building in Historica! I like the roofs a lot, and without it you could make this into a lovely ruin before you tear the whole MOC apart :classic:

Yeah, you are right about the ruin, maybe next time! :wink:

Very cool church, wedge. The stained glass windows and interior details are my favorite sections :thumbup:

I think the outer walls would look better if there were some depth changes, a few buttresses sort of like you did on the rear wall, or having the windows recessed a bit, etc. That way the walls wouldn't look so flat :classic:

Nice suggestions Soccerkid, I will keep them in mind and I'm glad you like it! :classic:

this is very well done and looks great. I really like how you didn't just build the main room of the church, which is what most people think about when they think church, but also the back room and the outer grounds. I am impressed with the detail in both those places.

however in most churches I have seen, the podium( table or whatever) that is in the front is elevated. the floor is higher in the front where the table is than the rest of the church( the bench area). I think it would look less plain on the inside if there was a sight increase in elevation( like one or two tiles)