Sign in to follow this  
Trunkbass

[Petition] Save LEGO the Lord of the Rings

I just shared the petition with my almost 2,000 twitter followers: the best thing is that it is a LotR RP account (naughty_sauron)

^ Boycott he other themes, I donĀ“t know if that is the right way :sweet:

Pretty goo effort so far but way more is needed. And also more likes on the FB would be necessary.

I will log into the other Lego forums I am member with and spread the word.

If you want the return of (the king) Lotr, don't buy castle 2015 or Elves 2015. GO boycotting these! ^^

That will be easy to do considering it's a friends theme lol.

That will be easy to do considering it's a friends theme lol.

A castle theme aimed at girls and competing with regular friends and Disney Princess? If they can find a large enough target market for that, then they can certainly do with the third wave of LOTR.

Boycotting it may make it seem like there isn't a market for fantasy themes such as LotR.

I would much re

Rather get harry potter back. BTW this won't work probably because HP fans have been trying for 3 years without nothing, since the hobbit will be over lego dosn't care anymore. The replacement with be the new PoTC sets coming in 2016, and the fantastic beasts and where to find them , Harry Potter sets, hope they do more actual 1-7 HP sets like how they made LoTR even though the movies were over.

Wow this petition is really setting things alight.

Or not.

I think "desperate" pretty much describes it. I'm really surprised by all the people who posted things like "LOTR or nothing". It makes it sound like there are people who don't actually like Lego and buy LOTR Lego because it's LOTR-themed, which is mind-blowingly insane to me.

^ It shouldn't be. LOTR has a lot of hardcore fans, that really haven't had an outlet to spend their money on, outside expensive statues. There are probably 10x (more like 100x) as many Star Wars fans that are only into legos because they collect SW sets. Are they 'insane' as well, because they don't care for playing with Chima, Ninjago, or main street buildings?

Great idea, without a doubt you have my support! LOTR has brought be out of my dark ages, and one last set will make everything less painful!

Just signed, I came across the petition on the Brickset forum. What TLG needs to realize is that one last LotR wave would be a gold mine. Especially if they did it right and made some "army builder" type sets. We have all been waiting for any info and for something to come out now after such a long wait would mean instant sales. A mirkwood elf army or Uruk-Hai army type set for Gondor? I'll take 20 please...to start. We've all beaten to death set ideas for a third wave in the pinned thread so TLG wouldn't have to do much in that department. I'm sure with the amount of die hard fans here we would design the sets for free if it meant they would see the light of day. It's not that I won't buy any LEGO set that isn't Middle Earth themed, I like quite a few themes that TLG produces. However I'm not going to buy multiples of probably 95% of what's out there. My Middle Earth cash isn't getting divied up to other LEGO themes, it will go somewhere else and I'm guessing there are others out there that share my thoughts. I'm currently sitting at 76 Polybags and 91 sets that are Middle Earth themed and that number will only grow if TLG would be so gracious as to produce more LotR. *Do I sound desperate or what :laugh: *

Thanks everybody!

Nice! Let us know how that goes!

I shared the link on the www.skockani.com (Serbian biggest Lego forum and I am from that LUG)

http://skockani.com/...p?topic=34085.0

and on the kockice.hr (Croatian biggest Lego forum)

http://forum.kockice...=5832&start=400

Some said that they will sign, some already signed.

Also, I shared link on our FB page https://www.facebook...s/363332549189/

Edited by Dzoni90

Signed and shared in multiple places. Rebelscum Lego forum as well. I think we really need to get to at least 1000 as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

I think many people haven't realised yet that Lego LotR is over. They still believe we will get more sets.

We need the support of lordofthebricks, Brick Show,...

I contacted Lord of the Brick, but no answer yet. I suppose we will have to get to 1000 votes first to gain credibility.

I just shared the petition with my almost 2,000 twitter followers: the best thing is that it is a LotR RP account (naughty_sauron)

Wow, that's really great! Let's hope this helps. Keep spamming people!! (already got me suspended on LEGO Ideas, but whatever it takes :laugh: !)

Pretty goo effort so far but way more is needed. And also more likes on the FB would be necessary.

I will log into the other Lego forums I am member with and spread the word.

Thank you, and yes Facebook needs WAY MORE likes...

Signed and liked

Thanks!

Great idea, without a doubt you have my support! LOTR has brought be out of my dark ages, and one last set will make everything less painful!

Thank you!

Just signed, I came across the petition on the Brickset forum. What TLG needs to realize is that one last LotR wave would be a gold mine. Especially if they did it right and made some "army builder" type sets. We have all been waiting for any info and for something to come out now after such a long wait would mean instant sales. A mirkwood elf army or Uruk-Hai army type set for Gondor? I'll take 20 please...to start. We've all beaten to death set ideas for a third wave in the pinned thread so TLG wouldn't have to do much in that department. I'm sure with the amount of die hard fans here we would design the sets for free if it meant they would see the light of day. It's not that I won't buy any LEGO set that isn't Middle Earth themed, I like quite a few themes that TLG produces. However I'm not going to buy multiples of probably 95% of what's out there. My Middle Earth cash isn't getting divied up to other LEGO themes, it will go somewhere else and I'm guessing there are others out there that share my thoughts. I'm currently sitting at 76 Polybags and 91 sets that are Middle Earth themed and that number will only grow if TLG would be so gracious as to produce more LotR. *Do I sound desperate or what :laugh: *

Thank you, and yes, I think many here feel the same way...

I shered the link on the www.skockani.com (Serbian biggest Lego forum and I am from that LUG)

http://skockani.com/...p?topic=34085.0

and on the kockice.hr (Croatian biggest Lego forum)

http://forum.kockice...=5832&start=400

Some said that they will sign, some already signed.

Also, I shared link on our FB page https://www.facebook...s/363332549189/

Thank you very much for all the sharing. I will add the sites to the 'already shared section' in the beginning of this topic. Let's hope this will get us to 500 as quickly as possible!

Edited by Trunkbass

Signed it.

I have most of the LOTR sets (except Orthanc :cry_sad:) and it would be sad to see this theme end, with so much set potential left in the theme.

I think if we can get to 1000 then we can try again and reach out to the big boys that might be able to push our numbers up much faster.

I think if we can get to 1000 then we can try again and reach out to the big boys that might be able to push our numbers up much faster.

That's the plan! :classic:

Now spread the petition everybody!

Me again, Just here to say that I shared this on thebrickblogger.com, and that I am almost done with my MOC. Let's get back LotR!!!

Me again, Just here to say that I shared this on thebrickblogger.com, and that I am almost done with my MOC. Let's get back LotR!!!

That's great news, very curious about the MOC! :classic:

Oh, and do you have a link for thebrickblogger or did you contact them via email with a request to put it on there frontpage?

Supported. I don't see this working unless we can get a LOT of votes. I am talking a minimum of 20,000+. That would really catch Lego's attention. A mere 1,000 isn't going to do much of anything I imagine.

Supported. I don't see this working unless we can get a LOT of votes. I am talking a minimum of 20,000+. That would really catch Lego's attention. A mere 1,000 isn't going to do much of anything I imagine.

Thanks for the support Deathleech!

I agree that 1000 won't cut it, but it's really important to get to that number as fast as possible. From then on we might be taken more seriously by the bigger LotR and LEGO fansites, who in turn might post the petition on their frontpage. This could get us to the big numbers like you propose.

Edited by Trunkbass