Sign in to follow this  
Trunkbass

[Petition] Save LEGO the Lord of the Rings

I would not see them doing Minas Tirith, even if the line was successful and still going strong. Orthanc was simple. Big tower for the bad guy. Open back for play features. Good display piece. But Minas Tirith would have to be Helm's Deep scale probably. So they could certainly do it, but it wouldn't have the same appeal. Granted, if they released a MT in a Helm's Deep scale, people would snatch it up. Especially after the long wait and worry of no more sets...

Although, I could have pictured it more like something simple like the courtyard above with the white tree or something. I'm not quite sure on play features, but fans would have recognized it. But it wouldn't include everything people wanted like Eowyn. Maybe a flaming Denethor to throw off the top?

Although, I could have pictured it more like something simple like the courtyard above with the white tree or something. I'm not quite sure on play features, but fans would have recognized it. But it wouldn't include everything people wanted like Eowyn. Maybe a flaming Denethor to throw off the top?

"MINAS TIRITH

includes one flick-fire Denethor!

Use the flick-fire function to throw a burning Denethor off the top of Minas Tirith!

*This LEGO set is rated PG-13 for sadistic play features"

AFTER INITIAL WAVE OF ENTHUSIASM ITS SLOWING DOWN RAPIDLY.. :(

Dude... there's been another 70 signatures in a day, lol. It's still moving along. Repost, share... get your friends to sign it.

Edited by atreyu2112

Not sure if it will help but I signed the petition

Now I have to figure out what other series I should start collecting

Thank you! Don't forget to share!

Dude... there's been another 70 signatures in a day, lol. It's still moving along. Repost, share... get your friends to sign it.

Yep, that's right. It's just because we have four numbers now that it seems to go slower.

Signed...I'm not big on Lego's licensed themes campiagns, but the unique molds and pieces are welcomed and I would hate not to get a good Oliphant or Haradrim fig.

If people sahre this on 9gag: http://9gag.com/gag/aoZpwPn (note that there's a picture of Galadriel in Lego form), why don't we make a post about this and share on 9gag? I suggest that quote "The ring will go to Gondor" with Faramir's picture and a link to this petition... Sure it would give us more visibility.. What do you think?

Signed...I'm not big on Lego's licensed themes campiagns, but the unique molds and pieces are welcomed and I would hate not to get a good Oliphant or Haradrim fig.

Thanks!

If people sahre this on 9gag: http://9gag.com/gag/aoZpwPn (note that there's a picture of Galadriel in Lego form), why don't we make a post about this and share on 9gag? I suggest that quote "The ring will go to Gondor" with Faramir's picture and a link to this petition... Sure it would give us more visibility.. What do you think?

Thanks! Is there anybody here who's familiar with posting things on 9GAG? I suppose we could also make something funny, so it will be shared more often.

Such as a LEGO Boromir at Rivendel who says something like 'One does not simply end LEGO LotR'.

Or LEGO Gandalf on the bridge of Khazad-Dum who says 'You shall not end LEGO LotR'

And stuff like that...

Such as a LEGO Boromir at Rivendel who says something like 'One does not simply end LEGO LotR'.

Or LEGO Gandalf on the bridge of Khazad-Dum who says 'You shall not end LEGO LotR'

And stuff like that...

Yeah, nice ideas.

- Start with something along the lines "As you may or may not know, the LEGO middle earth line is coming to an end.. blablabla" (with frodo holding ring in lego form in background)

- throw some pics of what could be done (in lego form?). I'm thinking Sauron, Minas tirith, Balrog, Witch-King (most iconic ones, don't go down the road of osgiliath, gondor soldiers and stuff like that, imo).

- Add the funny quotes with boromir & gandalf (in lego form) and mention the petition (hint that it will be linked in the comments)

- Add something like "and 9gag army will respond" (theoden reference), plus they tend to love the concept of "9gag army", worked pretty well in the past.

- Finish with "and finally, a potato" with this pic (yes it's quite a trend to finish a post with a potato)

lego_round_brick_1_x_1_with_open_stud__3062___18860___30068__lego-yellow-round-brick-1-x-1-with-open-stud-3062-30-763649-93.png

Just don't make it too long!

Tell me how it sounds to you. I could try to do it myself, but not right now (I'm at work), then I've never posted anything on 9gag I'm just a reader there, dunno if there's more to it.

Once it's done, don't forget to link it here and share it, it need many upvotes to get to the hotpage, and comments (upvoted too) containing the petition link!

Edited by Kraby

Yeah, nice ideas.

- Start with something along the lines "As you may or may not know, the LEGO middle earth line is coming to an end.. blablabla" (with frodo holding ring in lego form in background)

- throw some pics of what could be done (in lego form?). I'm thinking Sauron, Minas tirith, Balrog, Witch-King (most iconic ones, don't go down the road of osgiliath, gondor soldiers and stuff like that, imo).

- Add the funny quotes with boromir & gandalf (in lego form) and mention the petition (hint that it will be linked in the comments)

- Add something like "and 9gag army will respond" (theoden reference), plus they tend to love the concept of "9gag army", worked pretty well in the past.

- Finish with "and finally, a potato" with this pic (yes it's quite a trend to finish a post with a potato)

lego_round_brick_1_x_1_with_open_stud__3062___18860___30068__lego-yellow-round-brick-1-x-1-with-open-stud-3062-30-763649-93.png

Just don't make it too long!

Tell me how it sounds to you. I could try to do it myself, but not right now (I'm at work), then I've never posted anything on 9gag I'm just a reader there, dunno if there's more to it.

Once it's done, don't forget to link it here and share it, it need many upvotes to get to the hotpage, and comments (upvoted too) containing the petition link!

Well, I'm not a reader of 9GAG, I just see some popular stuff appear on Facebook once in a while, so I don't get all the references.

I would like to make a post, but I'm not very sure if I'm the right person to do it, in fact I believe I'm not. But I will help the person as best as I can (providing ideas and pictures and stuff). :classic:

But if this is going to happen, it's gonna be great! The more support we have on a lot of different platforms, the better! I'm currently brainstorming about a YouTube idea, and I will keep you posted.

I like the idea.

Like lego as scumbag steve.

The potato is just for long posts.

But lets make it long. I like the lego potato. :-)

Indeed the scumbag steve could be a nice touch.

True about the potato, but it will be a bit long anyways.

As for the pics of what could be done, I'm not sure if we should put them in movie form or lego form from video game? Maybe it could be confusing to people, wondering if it's been made already.

If no one does it, I'll try something tonight and post it here.

The rest sounds great but I would advise against this particular part. It seems everyone has their own ideas on what they want, even for sets we all agree we need. For example everyone wants a Balrog, but the specific minifigures, structures included, and price point vary widely. I noticed a lot of LotR Cuusoo/Idea projects don't get votes from die hard Lego LotR fans for one reason or another. For instance some of the Minas Tirith ones won't get votes because they aren't how members imagine the set being. I think just giving general set ideas (ie Balrog, Witch King Duel, etc.) and letting people's imaginations run with it gives the best chance.

Edited by Deathleech

The rest sounds great but I would advise against this particular part. It seems everyone has their own ideas on what they want, even for sets we all agree we need. For example everyone wants a Balrog, but the specific minifigures, structures included, and price point vary widely. I noticed a lot of LotR Cuusoo/Idea projects don't get votes from die hard Lego LotR fans for one reason or another. For instance some of the Minas Tirith ones won't get votes because they aren't how members imagine the set being. I think just giving general set ideas (ie Balrog, Witch King Duel, etc.) and letting people's imaginations run with it gives the best chance.

I agree, so maybe just throw pics from the movies for those (Balrog, Minas Tirith, Witch king)? Or nothing at all?

In the mean time, any good pic of Boromir in his "One does not simply.." style & Gandalf "You shall not pass" in LEGO FORM would be much appreciated for the post. I can't really search right now since I'm at work.

kinda like this:

http://c4.staticflic...2c1ae68db_k.jpg

and this:

http://images.mocpag...106m_SPLASH.jpg

I agree with what others have said we should get everyone to support as many LOTR sets on Lego ideas. If we can get mutiple projects to 10000 then lego will see that there is still a demand for them.