Sign in to follow this  
Trunkbass

[Petition] Save LEGO the Lord of the Rings

SIGN THE PETITION HERE : http://www.change.or...rd-of-the-rings

LIKE AND SHARE ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/savelegolotr

Already shared on:

- 1000steine.de forum (thanks to Diggydoes)

- imperiumdersteine.de forum (thanks to Diggydoes)

- bricksetforum.com forum (thanks to SMC)

- lowlug.nl forum (thanks to General Magma)

- theonering.net forum (thanks to General Magma)

- forum.rebelscum.com forum (thanks to atreyu2112)

- classic-castle.com forum (thanks to Mencot)

- skockani.com forum (thanks to Dzoni90)

- forum.kockice.hr forum (thanks to Dzoni90)

- lordofthebrick.com frontpage (combined effort)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Eurobricks members and LEGO the Lord of the Rings enthousiasts,

as we know, the future for LEGO LotR looks very dim with currently no advertisement for a next wave in the instructions of the last Hobbit wave, and no mention of LotR sets in the retailer catalog. It is almost sure that LEGO The Lord of the Rings is over.

To most of us the line feels incomplete with the lack of several important characters (like the Witch-King, Eowyn, Sauron and Faramir), factions (especially Gondor), buildings (mainly Minas Tirith) and creatures (like the Balrog, Treebeard and mountain trolls).

Many of us feel that this theme needs just one wave to 'complete' the LEGO Lord of the Rings. Even only one set, which is preferably set in Gondor, could solve most of our problems. For example, you can make a Battle of the Pelennor Fields as big as you want (depicting several stages of the battle and the preceding events) with the Witch-King on fell beast, Éowyn, wounded Faramir, Gondor soldiers, a mountain troll, a piece of Minas Tirith, etc.

To raise awareness I would like to start a petition to let LEGO know that we care. I know some of you think this will not matter, but maybe it will. If we get enough support maybe we can at least get an official statement from TLG that LEGO LotR is over and why.

I am working on the format right now, but to make this a strong statement I could use your help.

LEGO the Lord of the Rings is a licensed theme of the popular toy company. It appealed to both LEGO and the Lord of the Rings fans over the past two years. Unfortunately it looks like there will be no more LEGO LotR construction sets, while there is still so much left to explore. Please help us raise awareness to save LEGO LotR.

The golden deal

Back in 2011 the LEGO Group (TLG) announced the multi-year agreement with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to turn the characters and locations of the Lord of the Rings into the plastic toy we all know and love. Finally this popular franchise would be made into LEGO construction sets. This was, according to LEGO.com:

“not only because we know they will foster collectability and creative play, but also because these are two properties that our fans have been asking us to create for years"

These fans have been getting fantastic LEGO LotR sets from the summer of 2012 until June 2013, depicting scenes from all three movies: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King. Aside from being popular among children, the introduction of this theme has also drawn many AFOL’s (Adult Fan Of LEGO) back to their favorite childhood toy, commonly referred to as: ‘returning from their Dark Ages".

An incomplete theme…

But now the future of LEGO LotR looks rather dark itself. With no new sets for over a year and the LEGO Hobbit theme ending in October 2014, closely followed by the last Hobbit movie (The Battle of the Five Armies) this December, chances for LEGO LotR sets are close to non-existent.

To many of us the LEGO LotR theme feels incomplete. This is due to the lack of several major characters, creatures, buildings and locations. Some of the most striking oversights are LEGO versions of the complete Gondor faction, the city of Minas Tirith, the Balrog of Moria, the Witch-King with his iconic helmet and several important characters like Éowyn and Faramir. Even Sauron, the main villain of the story, doesn’t have his own depiction in LEGO form.

One last wave?

Many fans would love this theme to continue forever, but a lot of us feel that most of the gaps could be filled with just one last wave. Only one last batch of sets could deal with the most important characters, settings and stories that are now left out.

In this manner TLG could complete this theme in a proper way to honour the Lord of the Rings franchise and satisfy fans of both LEGO and the Lord of the Rings.

If you love LEGO and if you like the Lord of the Rings, please take your time to sign this petition. It only takes a minute. Let the world now what LEGO LotR meant for you and why you want it to continue. Which crucial sets are still missing? Let your voices be heard!

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by Trunkbass

I think we should wait until we get more news of the 2015 line. They might surprise us but it's highly likely with all the fan input. But if nothing does happen, out of curiosity I'll sign up.

I'm in

Agreed this need to go on brickset too and any other site, would be good if anyone can sign not just members of this site

Thanks for the support you all!

We need to comunicate about this petition in other lego fan site ;)

I'm in

Agreed this need to go on brickset too and any other site, would be good if anyone can sign not just members of this site

When the petition is ready, feel free to contact every other site about either LEGO, LotR or LEGO LotR. We need to reach as many as possible indeed.

Count me in!

As with many others here, LEGO LOTR was what brought me out of my dark ages. I have spent over $5000 in sets since then, most of it buying every Middle Earth set at least once, but some up to 10 times. While the end of the theme will mean a lot of savings for myself, I really wish TLG would end it properly.

I added a new summary to the beginning of the text:

LEGO the Lord of the Rings is a licensed theme of the popular toy company. It appealed to both LEGO and the Lord of the Rings fans over the past two years. Unfortunately it looks like there will be no more LEGO LotR construction sets, while there is still so much left to explore. Help us raise awareness to save LEGO LotR.

Also, has anybody ideas for a great picture? If there are no suggestions, I'll probably use the one from my sig. Thanks!

Edited by Trunkbass

I'm not into the LOTR theme at all, but I do agree this theme needs something to complete it.

It feels sort of unfinished.

So, yes, I would sign up for this.

Also, has anybody ideas for a great picture? If there are no suggestions, I'll probably use the one from my sig. Thanks!

Maybe the Witch King or some Gondor soldiers. It should be something we don't have!

Edited by Robert_88

Maybe the Witch King or some Gondor soldiers. It should be something we don't have!

that's a good idea maybe from the game so they are in lego form

Yes, I thought about that. I'm trying some stuff out, but I might use something more iconic (like a huge Frodo with the ring) to reach more people. The characters on the picture can't be too small as well, so an army of undone characters like Faramir, Éowyn and the Witch-King is out of the question.

Edited by Trunkbass