TPLSTER21

Lego Ultra Agents 2015

Well, I went to my local LEGO Store today and struck up a conversation with the supervisor (who knows me). I asked them about the new Ultra Agents sets and they didn't have a clue what they were. But it didn't sound like they were in their June shipment (which they already had, but not put out) but couldn't confirm they were cancelled either. It doesn't sound good though :cry_sad:

Well, I went to my local LEGO Store today and struck up a conversation with the supervisor (who knows me). I asked them about the new Ultra Agents sets and they didn't have a clue what they were. But it didn't sound like they were in their June shipment (which they already had, but not put out) but couldn't confirm they were cancelled either. It doesn't sound good though :cry_sad:

Oh no, that really doesn't sound good. :cry_sad:

I should be able to get to my nearest lego store sometime next week to see if anyone there can give any confirmation on this. As until I hear that the sets are confirmed to be cancelled, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

That... Really sucks for you guys. I'm in the States, so it doesn't affect me, but man. I'm sorry for you all overseas if they're indeed cancelled.

I'll keep my fingers crossed 'cuz I really would hate to see you not able to get 'em.

I'm totally sold on the new HQ. I love the command bridge, and it looks great detached (even if it's not supposed to be), and the prison pod with its sideways opening is brilliant! I love all the opening panels, especially the prison hold in the front. The garage-door shooter bay is also terrific. I also need Electrolyzer, so it's a definite buy for me.

On the other hand, AntiMatter's base is really underwhelming. It doesn't really look much like an oil rig, and there aren't enough play features. I don't care too much for SharX, but I want him, so I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

I still need to get the last wave, though, so I'll be getting the summer ones a bit later.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I just noticed that the LEGO® Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is available for purchase on their website for 99.99 USD. I don't know the current availability in other countries.

Haven't heard anything about it, so I thought I'd just notify anyone who's interested.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ultra-Agents-Ocean-HQ-70173?fromListing=listing

I also noticed that other Ultra Agents sets are also available today, as are sets from a few other themes like City and Creator.

I just noticed that the LEGO® Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is available for purchase on their website for 99.99 USD. I don't know the current availability in other countries.

It's still not available in Germany. :sad:

Here's a look at the AntiMatter set!

17719287870_bcbda378d0_z.jpg

17720621819_ee63f7c03a_z.jpg

17907430071_bf5f8cd1cb_z.jpg

17284305764_f9098bba52_z.jpg

17284311214_215ace8fdc_z.jpg

17903850222_5cfcd5f695_z.jpg

17723624108_7f4730e507_z.jpg

17288897634_4c52d1033b_z.jpg

17286413853_d396bd14cb_z.jpg

Overall, not a bad set, but there's some stuff that irks me here. I wish the play features were refined so that they'd work smoother, and the portal itself is pretty lame in its size. I don't feel like the set is worth the $70 USD price point. The minifigures included are very well done however, and there's some awesome pieces.

I was able to pick up the Ocean HQ from Toys R Us two days ago! It's a very cool set with a lot of interesting features and build techniques (the command bridge was really cool to put together, best command bridge ever and it can hold 4 figs!) If anyone wants I'd be happy to take pics of parts of it you want to see. It's a really great set.

SharX looks really cool.

I was able to pick up the Ocean HQ from Toys R Us two days ago! It's a very cool set with a lot of interesting features and build techniques (the command bridge was really cool to put together, best command bridge ever and it can hold 4 figs!) If anyone wants I'd be happy to take pics of parts of it you want to see. It's a really great set.

Could you take a pic of the prison hold without the prison pod inside? And maybe one of Electrolyzer without his helmet?

SharX looks really cool.

Could you take a pic of the prison hold without the prison pod inside? And maybe one of Electrolyzer without his helmet?

I put a few images into a little imgur album for you!

http://imgur.com/gallery/egN6P/new

Edited by Blargh9

Thanks! I like that you could potentially just toss some villains into the prison hold as well, although that's not nearly as safe for the Agents. I can't wait to get it! It's suprising how much more impressive it is than the last HQ, but it retails for the same price!

I didn't get the first base because something felt off about it to me. The moment I saw the boat I was like damn, it's a boat. With a lot of cool feature. HOLY COW THAT BRIDGE! must buy.

I have all of the first-wave sets, and none of the second-wave ones (gotta get on it). I feel like this is one of my "completion" themes. All of the sets and villains are so cool and fun. And the Ocean HQ is just amazing. Wish it had more hidden vehicles, though. An Agents jetski would have been cool instead of that dumb-looking jetpack of overkill. I do like the Portal Hideout, but it's not as important for me to get it. I would like SharX, and the cage/crane part looks neat. The trapdoor looks like it works rather dramatically, too. Also, it's a second chance for those who want purple flame pieces.

Edited by 8BrickMario

currently have the bike/boat from Riverside Raid stored in the middle of the Ocean HQ. It does come with the little speedboat too.

I need the portal cause I need antimatter xD

Edited by Blargh9

I asked Lego's customer service if they know about Ultra Agents' summer wave getting a release in the UK.

Apparently, we SHOULD be getting them in June. She said that there should be no excuse for any Lego set to be denied a release in the UK, regardless of poor sales or not.

I have hope.

TRU said i could buy the new sets until august...

Show them the Toys R Us Website where it clearly says available now.

Better yet, have them look it up themselves. If they say they still can't get them, talk to the manager. If the manager is the one telling you no, report them to corporate.

Edited by Penkid11

TRU said i could buy the new sets until august...

That can't be right, they sold me the Ocean HQ on Monday. And everything is available for purchase online, both shipping and in-store pick-up. I emailed LEGO customer support earlier in the week too when I couldn't find the new sets on the website and they said all the sets should be out and available for purchase. I can copy their response if you'd like.

I asked Lego's customer service if they know about Ultra Agents' summer wave getting a release in the UK.

Apparently, we SHOULD be getting them in June. She said that there should be no excuse for any Lego set to be denied a release in the UK, regardless of poor sales or not.

I have hope.

Interesting. Even if they just saw a release online on S@H (I say this since it didn't sound like brand retail stores got them in their June shipment from what I gleaned talking to an employee), it would be better than not getting them at all. The robo-shark and the villain figures are in my sights again! :laugh:

I'll be going to a Target today. Might pick up either Invizable or Ultrasonic Showdown, depending on what I find there. I hope I see the new sets.

I'll be going to a Target today. Might pick up either Invizable or Ultrasonic Showdown, depending on what I find there. I hope I see the new sets.

Let us know if you find anything at Target! The only store in my area with stuff currently is TRU and Target is a closer drive for me (also cheaper...)

Nothing at Target, but I saw all three at the LEGO Store!

Thought I'd beat Just2good to some pics of the Ultrasonic Showdown! This is gonna be a long post, though, since it's a pseudo-review.

First, the minifigs. I absolutely love Evil Brainstein! Unfortunately, his walkie-talkie has a sticker, not a printed tile. Curtis is nice to have since I don't have his hair in brown yet.

usminifigs.jpg

Brainstein has a nice new head print. Those strain marks on his forehead are just so freaky. I love it! Also note the leg positions and the jet booster between them.

usfigsalternate.jpg

I was surprised to find that the brain is actually transparent pink!

usbrain.jpg

The helmet is suitably clunky and looks like a piece of lab equipment from an old movie. The bumps on the sides are studs, and could have hose pipes attached to them as if plugged into a machine! The monocle is not 3mm bar-sized.

ushelmetfront.jpgushelmetback.jpg

The jet has some interesting angles achieved by A-frames, which are barely visible from underneath.

usaerial.jpgusunderside.jpg

The cockpit has a nice little gun clip for when Bolt is piloting. My least favorite part of the set is the unsightly gap between the side panels and the cockpit.

usgun.jpguscockpit.jpg

The Appbrick drone attaches smoothly to the back of the cockpit, but it bizarrely does not fit through the large hole in the back, making said hole apparently purposeless. There are also inward-facing jumper tiles that don't seem to have a purpose either.

usdrone.jpg

Overall, I really like this set. It's a cool jet (albeit with some inexplicable design choices), and corrupted Brainstein was almost worth it alone.

One thing I'll say though: the firepower is complete overkill. One multi-shooter where the engine is would have made more sense. I mean, what would realistically happen if Brainstein took the whole barrage?

usoverkill.jpg

Oh.

(By the way, I was exaggerating the ammo shot from the jet, but not the number of studs provided in the set! Every single one of those was in the set!)

Nothing at Target, but I saw all three at the LEGO Store!

Thought I'd beat Just2good to some pics of the Ultrasonic Showdown! This is gonna be a long post, though, since it's a pseudo-review.

Oh.

(By the way, I was exaggerating the ammo shot from the jet, but not the number of studs provided in the set! Every single one of those was in the set!)

Luck son-of-a-gun, I've been looking for that one. :grin:

But thanks for the review! :thumbup:

Edited by just2good