TPLSTER21

Lego Ultra Agents 2015

Does that biker Agent have the Dr. Inferno hairpiece in Brick Yellow? Great way to simulate the speed of it!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Any idea what the Power Bricks are? Every set in Ultra Agents seems to have one. If it's a new version of the light bricks, that's cool. But even the small sets have some, so what could they be?

the day we have all been waiting for has arrived the prelims for three of the themes i have been keeping tabs on (dc superheroes, pirates, ultra agents) have been leaked!

my thoughts on the ultra agents sets

spyclops infiltration, a decent small set, we get a new armor piece, a new agent, and a new villain. also worth noting we get 3 stud shooters 2 of them being black.

stealth bike chase. the stealth bike looks amazing, definitely picking this one up!

drillex diamond job. new agent, new villian, while the drill tank looks better then the tremor track infiltrator i still probably will not buy it.

4x4 agent patrol. is that toxikita again? what does she have against scientists? to me the car looks rather boring, probably a no go.

ultracopter vs antimatter. the helicopter is awesome! it looks a lot like the old one but updated. antimatter looks pretty cool too.

power bricks, what are these?

also, it appears the the stud shooter has indeed been adapted to a stud mounted version!

The power bricks look like they have app connection (note the tablet, and power symbol).

Now for disjointed thoughts:

Did anyone notice the new spring shooter weapon in the Toxikita set? It's a white hook piece (look at the top of the image)!

Drillex's drills look like they rotate on the front of the tank, and most likely individually, so the two will spin as a unit, while each one spins! Look at the gears.

I don't get the cyborg exterminator deal with Spy-clops. They should have spelled it Spi-clops, due to his insect weapons.

I still love the Invisible Man archetype they captured with Invizable. So simple, but really great.

Stud-mounted shooter guns would make sense, since the Green Lantern jet seemed to have them, too.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I flipped when I saw these sets. My wallet will be crying next year, even though I only want this and Bionicle.

Spyclops Infiltration- For a small set, this looks interesting. More so than Riverside Raid. The mech that Spyclops is piloting has an Exo-Force feel to it.

Stealth Bike Chase- Meh. This one doesn't look too great. Although, I will get this set if Invizable is a good-looking villain.

Drillex Diamond Job- Wow. This may top Infearno Interception as my favourite £25 Ultra Agents set. This size of the thing really got my attention. I'm curious to see if Drillex will be heavily armoured, as I noticed that he's using a HF minifig armour piece.

4x4 Agent Patrol- Toxikita again? Hmm... I hope she has something unique about her. Both sets that she appears in (this set and Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown) cost the same, so I may have to choose one over the other. The Ultra Agents seem to be packing a lot of weaponry on their 4x4. Also, P.U.P. ;w; <3

Ultracopter Vs. AntiMatter- I have one thing to say about AntiMatter... He looks freaking awesome. He's like Cobra Commander, but with white eyes and a black cloak. As for his vehicle... I was expecting something more. The Ultracopter looks great.

The AntiMatter copter set looks different enough from the Aerial Defense Unit that I think it'll be worth picking up. Not so sure if I'll have enough cash and space for the rest of the line with Ninjago, DC, Star Wars, and Hobbit though. :sceptic: They're definitely some of TLG's best action design in a while, though. :thumbup:

I really like the AntiMatter character. He's suitably close enough to Omega* to be used in his place, at least until LEGO hurries up and finishes that plot line...

*Either that, or he is Omega...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

A big plot point in the app will be AntiMatter's identity. How will they arrange the releases to avoid spoiling the app (if AntiMatter has a second face revealing their nature)?

Edited by 8BrickMario

I really like the AntiMatter character. He's suitably close enough to Omega* to be used in his place, at least until LEGO hurries up and finishes that plot line...

*Either that, or he is Omega...

Don't think Lego's in any hurry to resolve the plot of a fairly unsuccessful direct-to-DVD movie. Especially now that The Lego Movie has provided a much more well-received grand unifying theory of Lego themes.

The ultra copter is gorgeous. Another great line. And, Tron bike!

I've just noticed... We have a LOT of individual villains, from just two year's worth of sets...

Tremor

Infearno

Toxikita

Psyclone

Terrabyte

Spyclops

Invizible

Drillex

Antimatter

The two henchmen that work for Toxikita don't count, so that means that Astor City has a total of nine villains, each with their own weapons and vehicles.

Glad we have images. My thoughts:

Spyclops:

Not....what...I...was...expecting....The name threw me off as I wasn't expecting the spider motif. Still an interesting set with 3 stud shooters and a decent piece count for a small set. Spyclops' face looks like it had whiskers? Agents armour looks good and Spyclops' vehicle is a nice take on the mech/walker type vehicle.

Stealth Bike:

Nice looking set. Can't tell for sure, but it looks like the bike has some kind of gimmick. Invizable is definitely a riff on The Invisible Man. I think this set may outdo Tremor Track from the last wave at this price point.

Drillex:

Tank looks good. About the same size as the hover car from the last wave. I think it has some other gimmick besides the drills. Maybe something detaches from the body of the tank? Drillex looks cool. Like the drill gauntlets. The mission objective looks like a swordplay training dummy.

Agent Patrol:

Toxikita again? Groan. Enough already. The vehicle looks okay. Toxicita's mech looks okay. The robo-dog is interesting. Not sure about this. Need to see it in hand. May be a case of the total set adding up to more than the sum of its parts.

Copter:

Copter looks cool. Hope it has a lot of play features. Disappointed that Anti Matter doesn't get a bigger vehicle but his mini fig looks good.

My one regret is that not one set comes with the rapid fire stud shooter from the Star Wars sets. If there is a theme that cries out for that surely this is the one! Interested to see how the power bricks work.

Edited by TPLSTER21

Guess I'm the only one but this line is in my top spot along with the Super Heroes line, and the Ultra Copter looks amazing

Can't wait to see the final images

^^ Look closer. There are stud shooters as guns and vehicle weapons in these sets.

If you meant the spring-missiles, then, actually, there is a spring-shooter brick on the 4x4 with a new kind of ammo- a white hook-style bolt to be shot. Look at the top of the box image.

Edited by 8BrickMario

^^ Look closer. There are stud shooters as guns and vehicle weapons in these sets.

If you meant the spring-missiles, then, actually, there is a spring-shooter brick on the 4x4 with a new kind of ammo- a white hook-style bolt to be shot. Look at the top of the box image.

They're actually referring to the Gatling variation on the stud shooter which appears in many of next year's Bionicle and Star Wars sets. It seems to fire multiple rounds simply by rotating the barrel, which is much more efficient than the single-stud shooters which have to be manually reloaded after every shot (not that they're not all amazing launchers).

Don't think Lego's in any hurry to resolve the plot of a fairly unsuccessful direct-to-DVD movie. Especially now that The Lego Movie has provided a much more well-received grand unifying theory of Lego themes.

The LEGO Movie is not actually canon, in regards to the main LEGO canon. It is a very nice movie, one which I must see, but it is in no way rooted in the main LEGO canon. It exists in its own, separate "canon", whereas Clutch Powers is firmly rooted in canon, and connects to many, many other themes through a long string of cameos, shoutouts, and timelines.

Clutch Powers is firmly rooted in canon, and connects to many, many other themes through a long string of cameos, shoutouts, and timelines.

LEGO Movie has that too. I don't think there is a "canon" for LEGO.

I should have guessed we were in for a vehicle-heavy wave, but I'm still bummed that there's no sighting of a villain HQ -- or any building-type playset for that matter. That said, these look stellar for an action theme, and the inclusion of Power Bricks will surely add value to the sets that feature them.

The smallest set looks pretty meaty, all considered, and balanced in its feature list.

Stealth Bike Chase doesn't seem to have a strong composition for a $20 set, and it's the only one of the bunch that doesn't inspire as much enthusiasm. I'd be interested to learn if the mechanisms on the bike are in any way similar to Tremor's set from the first wave. Definitely reminds me of the Space Police line (speaking as an onlooker) -- I wonder if that was the intent.

The Diamond Job set is a stand-out with its Technic elements and the interesting play feature (which looks to be the next cut above the Tremor set in its construction). My favourite in the bunch.

4x4 Agent Patrol is an intriguing one: Toxikita returns and gets her own mech, while the agents get a bulky quad that may overshadow Toxikita's weaponry.

And then the "ultimate" set from this wave: I'll need to get a better look at the copter, as I'm not thoroughly convinced about it. I will say it may be serving a strategic role in the scheme of things, obviously for the immediate confrontation but also to balance out aerial supremacy (which at this point still belongs to the villains).

But on the whole, the wave certainly carries the ambition seen in the first wave, but there's something striking about these iterations. I think it might be that there's a better sense of balance and cohesion now between the two waves.

It's time for me to voice my opinions on these.

Spyclops Infiltration: More name confusion from the previous agents! YAY! *ahem* The Mech surprisingly reminds me of Exo-Force (we need more mechs!) At this point, we have no idea if that's a new agent, but that armor looks quite nice. I'm hoping that they aren't going to be passing generic black spiders as robo-spiders. If they were (read: will be) chrome, then I'm all for it.

Stealth Bike Chase: This baby has an insane function, what with the missile-riddled underbelly, and the hinge joints on the side. It seems that the Cowboy hatted fellow has a trans-clear head. We were told we were getting a set with an invisible character in it... this isn't what I was expecting... at all.

Drillex's Diamond Job: This set reminds me a lot of the Thunder Driller from Power Miners.

It's a nice set. Very bulky. Like the use of Keetorange. Those drill hands on Drillex are awesome. The Agent's pack is really, really sad. This is the set that I can very clearly see stud launchers that attach onto bricks, unlike the ones the minifigs carry.

4x4 Agent Patrol: Very nice quad. It's nice to see Toxikita again, she's very persistent which is rare in villains these days. The little mech is a bit so-so. The way they got the Ultra Agents robo-dog to have a moving torso is nice.

UltraCopter VS. Antimatter: Another wonderful and large weapon covered helicopter. It certainly isn't the T-1 Typhoon (at nearly two feet long, there is none that compare) from Dino Attack (or Dino 2010 if that's the non-lethal lineup of your choice :wink: ), but I digress. It has a rip cord. I'm getting really tired of the ripcord requirements on these helicopter/dropships. Give us more hidden mini-vehicles! Antimatter is truly in a league of his own. I'm loving his look. All I ask is that he has a solid purple head with only white eyes printed on them. I've been waiting patiently for the perfect Lego Universe Stromling head. I think this may be the day I've been waiting for.

Overall, this wave is just as good as the last one, and I'm really loving the interesting sci-fi villains this wave has.

Toxikita's vehicle is a perfect example of how these new ball joints should be used to build mechs. :grin: I hope that Drillex's drill pieces will be found in other, cheaper sets in the future; they'll have tons of uses.

Any idea what the Power Bricks are? Every set in Ultra Agents seems to have one. If it's a new version of the light bricks, that's cool. But even the small sets have some, so what could they be?

I imagine something like Lego Fusion bricks granted that they are on an iPad-like device

I've just noticed... We have a LOT of individual villains, from just two year's worth of sets...

Tremor

Infearno

Toxikita

Psyclone

Terrabyte

Spyclops

Invizible

Drillex

Antimatter

The two henchmen that work for Toxikita don't count, so that means that Astor City has a total of nine villains, each with their own weapons and vehicles.

i think Antimatter is the main villain and everybody works for him.

sets: nice new headpieces, of course a lot of spring shooters, some power bricks i don't know what they are, robotic dog and yeah we will get an invisible character. everyting is of course better than wave 1 sets.