Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

MOC: Annya

14825211859_f489a35440_c.jpg

14988934056_5e489a0009_z.jpg

15008839581_ec91577b8f_c.jpg

Here's my newest action figure MOC, fightress Annya. The idea was to use chain pieces as, well, chain mail. I think that worked quite well with the plate armor skirt. I went with dark green as I hadn't built many green MOCs lately but I have lot of dark green pieces (green sets were, I think, popular, and I've got or bought lot of second-hand bionicle sets).

There's more photos and babbling on Cyclopic Bricks.

Very awesome. The shoulders look a bit awkward in that first pic but I don't know what can be done about that. And it's not like they're particularly bony compared to most BIONICLE shoulders — just moreso than I'd expect given how thoroughly you were able to flesh out most of the other parts of the build. I also like how her hands, thighs, and chin feel fairly smooth compared to other parts of the build, as it helps reinforce that she is a human character in armor and not a robot. It makes me realize just how useful it could be to have more Hero Factory shells in Brick Yellow (tan), Reddish Brown, and other human skin colors! Good color blocking, especially with the black joints which add visual interest. Her sword is a very nice design as well!

She doesn't look quite so good from the back. Her legs are fine, but the color blocking and textures on her torso are less consistent than they are from the front. Also, the back of her head feels... unfinished. I think there should be a little bit more of a bulge there. As it is it almost feels like the back of her head was chopped right off.

Top-notch work, as we've come to expect from you! I won't be at all surprised if this gets blogged by The Brothers Brick like some of your other creations have been in the past!

Thats a real great looking figure! The chains make her look very exotic. I also love the way you used panels for helmet.

And here it is, the next impressing MOC made by You, Pate-keetongu :laugh: I really like the overlook of it. Torso, legs and arms have interesting and quite realistic look; and the proportions are good (almost as always in your humanoid MOCs). Head is nice too, but, I don't know why, it doesn't convince me as the rest of its creation. Practically, the only thing that I don't like in this MOC are a bit awkward shoulders, what already wrote Aanchir. However, it's still awesome piece of brickart and I really like it :thumbup:

-H.unter

This is quite nice indeed, I absolutely love the chain clothing you've created. You've got some very nice details hidden in there (the hilt on the sword caught my eye).

Also this does a fantastic job of keeping good humanoid proportions. As Aanchir said, the gap by the shoulders might look unsightly in some poses, and I'm having a bit of trouble figureing out what the head is really supposed to be, where the helmet ends and the face starts.