Hello star wars lego people.

Proxy here, first post.

I've been collecting the star wars sets for a couple years now. I have a bad habit of buy two of each set to see if I can combine them into an improved version of the set. My latest run was at the Mos Eisely Cantina. Using two Cantina sets, along with some left over parts from my advanced Jabba's Palace, I made the follow improvements. I'm not 100% complete and satisfied with it yet, but its a good start.

I wanted to keep the same feel as the original set, and not build something insanely accurate to the movies. I feel this still holds onto the heart of a lego set.

Exterior

Front entrance with Stormtrooper patrol

14825309907_337b1d6a32_c.jpg20140823_153120 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Stormtrooper patrol

15011469082_690fe1e92e_c.jpg20140823_153135 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Front view of the Cantina's side

14988841306_6b5a1a8cdd_c.jpg20140823_153323 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Rear view of the Cantina's Side

14988842446_3892897188_c.jpg20140823_153306 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Rear entrance

14825220698_28b1c62acc_c.jpg20140823_153254 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Interior

Set still folds open as originally designed

14825302087_ba9cab46d4_c.jpg20140823_153426 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Improved bar

15011845505_ed3c9d2162_c.jpg20140823_153646 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

I used the face from the Rancor handler for the bartender

14825209910_ac0dd1df94_c.jpg20140823_153623 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Background characters on new wall

(Bossk is totally getting a lap dance)

14825211660_bd0430fe6a_c.jpg20140823_153557 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

The band has been filled out to

15011480002_1b370b2798_c.jpg20140823_153542 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Wall Tops Removed

The side wall ceilings are removable for playability

15011473482_8d8de3805c_c.jpg20140823_153755 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Side view with ceilings removed

14825311517_42a67d2fca_c.jpg20140823_153811 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

Top down view

14825207650_a0544dd448_c.jpg20140823_153747 by artisanproxy, on Flickr

I have advanced versions of some other sets I can post as well.

Edited by Artisanproxy

Welcome to Eurobricks Proxy

This is a really nice build. I love your attention to detail :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's a great way to introduce yourself :sweet:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of your work

Edited by grum64

Hi Proxy, and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

This is a great improvement on the original, and I'm planning to do something similar when I can get a second set at a reasonable discount. I look forward to seeing the other sets that you've modified.

Oh, I totally like this! My hope is to have our first cantina in hand at the end of the month. Your build inspires me think about getting a second and trying a first mod. The extra seating places and expanded band members really look good. Thank you for sharing your mod!

I'm planning on doing the same thing with the Cantina, when I get them. Plus you have to buy 2 to get a full Cantina Band.

Jamie

Awesome MOC, Proxy!

You've made a great set even better!

I like the overall look of it-the bar is especially cool!

I wish LEGO had made the set a little bit bigger, but you've given us a good option-an alternative build!

Now, I've gotta find two of these on clearance!

Great work, Proxy!! This is exactly what I want to do with this set. Waiting to get a second copy around Christmas time for a steep discount.

This looks fantastic, Proxy! Two sets do make for a much improved cantina. You have a complete bar, lots more booths, a full butt head band, and the rear exit for making hasty escapes! The parts for the two speeders could be useful for something, and who wouldn't want two dewbacks. :laugh:

Would be interested to see what else you have doubled up on.

What a much better variation of the Cantina compared to the official version. I'd love seeing your Jabba's Palace advancements as well.

Hello star wars lego people.

Proxy here, first post.

I've been collecting the star wars sets for a couple years now. I have a bad habit of buy two of each set to see if I can combine them into an improved version of the set. My latest run was at the Mos Eisely Cantina. Using two Cantina sets, along with some left over parts from my advanced Jabba's Palace, I made the follow improvements. I'm not 100% complete and satisfied with it yet, but its a good start.

I wanted to keep the same feel as the original set, and not build something insanely accurate to the movies. I feel this still holds onto the heart of a lego set.

I have advanced versions of some other sets I can post as well.

That is almost what I do with my sets, I would like to see more of your "MODed" sets, by the way great job with the cantina!

Great Mod! Very nice! Allways fun to see beefed up sets.

Bartender looks great, what head did you use for him?

Edited by mechamike

Marvelous!!! I'm a big fan of TLG's version of the cantina (I got it in recently and have yet to build it) but this version looks just fantastic! I guess I'll be searching eBay in a few months for a mini-figure-less set for cheap so I can do this MOD, too.

You could take this further by adding another 2 sets, then you'd have the full cantina layout from the movie. They are already on Ebay in the UK for £29 without minifigures.

You know, I've pretty much bought up all the available Star Wars sets that I want to buy due to my spending spree these past few months, but I think I'm going to pick up another Cantina and do this mod as well. It looks really good, and I'm sure I can find ways to make use of the minifigs that would be in excess for me. (Yet another Han Solo, Luke, and old Obi-Wan. The extra Greedo is useful, as are the three extra Bith guys and the Sand Troopers).

Great job on the MOC!