Mike S

Aslanic Temple in Trifork

Brother Cecil is bubbling with happiness now that his small temple in Trifork is completed. To top the cake, Lord Mayor Beorthan was the first to arrive for its inauguration! Inside the temple is a statue of Aslan that occasionally weeps tears. Brother Cecil claims that a single tear can heal any wound or sickness. He also claims that just being in the presence of the statue gives a blessing to those nearby whose hearts are warm to Aslan.

15018464385_6e65d238a8_c.jpg

14831934347_1cda2f93c4_c.jpg

14995461906_dbf01a2ce8_c.jpg

14831983947_7f1feb09ed_c.jpg

14995506456_26ca238255_c.jpg

14831760329_13cd46ec19_c.jpg

Edit: Just to note that this was originally supposed to be the temple in Ruadh but after deciding that the wooden timber for the roof would probably not be locally available, I changed the location to Trifork.

Edited by Mike S

Love it Mike! The tiled walls look great and that roof is superb! Very nice techniques.

:classic:

No way! Why have I never thought of using those hull pieces for that! :wub:

Thanks! I'm using those hull pieces in yet another temple build but with a slightly different application.

Love it Mike! The tiled walls look great and that roof is superb! Very nice techniques.

:classic:

Thanks! I'm not completely satisfied with the walls but its the best I can do with the pieces I have available at the moment.

Genius usage of the hull pieces for the roof. Great foliage and design on the building well done :)

Thanks! I always try to think of new ways to use different pieces.

The roof looks amazing and the tiled walls are superb to.

Thanks man!

Beautiful as always Mike! Very clever design here and very Kali!

Thank you! Took me sveral attempts with different combos before I settled on this design. This is going to be somewhat of a template for the other temples.

Very beautiful MOC, I especially love the roof! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Brilliant! I'll need to get some hulls now. I guess I can wait for the interior though. :classic:

Thanks! Just so you know, more pics won't be posted until after 6pm eastern time as I won't be back home until then. Good news is I've got two more temples in the works and I might possibly get one photographed tonight as well.

Excellent chapel, I love that clever roof design!

The rest of the building also looks very nice :classic:

Such an elegant build :wub: . The usage of the hull pieces for the roof is ingenious and the structure is so stately and majestic :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great moc,

As other people have said, the use of those hull pieces is genius. Have to dig through my "rubbish section for my hull pieces now.

Love all the snot as well. Cant wait to see more pics

This is just lovely! The roofline is awesome, and the chapel seems so well grounded in its environment, with the lush landscaping.

I didn't even notice the use of the hull pieces until the second picture. The first picture, I was impressed, a nice lil building. But when I saw the second, my eyes widened. Great idea!

Excellent chapel, I love that clever roof design!

The rest of the building also looks very nice :classic:

Awesome roof design. I am making a mental note of it!

Looks great! I'm looking forward to the interior!

Great hull usage and lovely folliage also!! Great one mate!

Such an elegant build :wub: . The usage of the hull pieces for the roof is ingenious and the structure is so stately and majestic :thumbup: :thumbup:

That roof is great! Nice base too!

Beautiful. I too love the roof. Absolute genius :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great moc,

As other people have said, the use of those hull pieces is genius. Have to dig through my "rubbish section for my hull pieces now.

Love all the snot as well. Cant wait to see more pics

Fantastic, the hull works great there.

Brilliant.

This is just lovely! The roofline is awesome, and the chapel seems so well grounded in its environment, with the lush landscaping.

So cool and inventive. My favorite part though? The flowers.

Lovely temple Mike! So many great techniques and details, and the overall shape is just beautiful!

I didn't even notice the use of the hull pieces until the second picture. The first picture, I was impressed, a nice lil building. But when I saw the second, my eyes widened. Great idea!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

I updated the first post with the new pics.

Lovely! That roof is so simple, but so great. :wub: I like the tan stonework on the walls and the roof ends as well.