commdr_neyo

Collectible Minifigures Sale / Value determination

Hi fellow fans!

I have collected the CMF's, and I quit after four complete series. I luckily got some extra Zombies, Spartans, Elves and Hazmat's.

Now my question to you is, what would these complete series be worth? Not just the BL price, but the price people would actually pay.

And would it be wiser to sell them as a lot, or loose? I'm worried that I won't get rid of them all if I sell them loose :sceptic:

And finaly, would any of you be interested in those figures? :classic:

Thanks and have a good day!

My suggestion would be to sell them individually. I don't know about other people, but I'm much more likely to buy the figures I want than buying a complete series. I buy the stuff I want/like; I don't buy simply for the sake of collecting. Also, do you only have the Zombie, Spartan, Elf, and Hazmat for sale? If you have more (and are willing to put them up on Ebay for me) which ones do you have?

On an unrelated note, would you mind if I ever used your profile picture?

Edited by Gatthekid

The question I have for you is how quickly are you trying to move these CMFs? If time isn't an issue, then sell them individually. If time is an issue, sell them in bulk. It really depends on you. I personally would be interested in a bulk purchase of the CMF Elf and maybe the Zombies. I already have a decent Spartan army.

My suggestion would be to sell them individually. I don't know about other people, but I'm much more likely to buy the figures I want than buying a complete series. I buy the stuff I want/like; I don't buy simply for the sake of collecting. Also, do you only have the Zombie, Spartan, Elf, and Hazmat for sale? If you have more (and are willing to put them up on Ebay for me) which ones do you have?

On an unrelated note, would you mind if I ever used your profile picture?

I don't mind if you use it, as long as you give me credit and not use it while I'm using it in the same forum :tongue:

The question I have for you is how quickly are you trying to move these CMFs? If time isn't an issue, then sell them individually. If time is an issue, sell them in bulk. It really depends on you. I personally would be interested in a bulk purchase of the CMF Elf and maybe the Zombies. I already have a decent Spartan army.

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'm now waiting for more offers while the whole four series are on a Dutch auction site.. If no one bids atleast 200 euro, then I might sell them seperately.

I already have people bidding 160 euro, but that won't do it for me.

On a side note, is the value of these still going up?

You want 200 for what?

if you could list what you have, we might give you some offers, Im interested in Spartans aswell!

Generally speaking, is it the case that the earlier series are more "collectible" even if the figures themselves are not as complex (in terms of printing, accessories etc) as later series?

Also I think I read somewhere that series 1 was a "limited release" and not available everywhere so they generally have a higher price than others?

I am thinking about this because I have about a dozen unopened series 1 figures (I haven't checked to see what figures they actually are) and I am considering selling them

EvilTwin

You want 200 for what?

if you could list what you have, we might give you some offers, Im interested in Spartans aswell!

For the whole series 1 - 4. All complete, including booklets and most of the packaging. I'd want at least 200 euro for it, to be honest.

I'm still not sure if I want to sell my extra spartans, elves, hazmats and zombies :sceptic:

Generally speaking, is it the case that the earlier series are more "collectible" even if the figures themselves are not as complex (in terms of printing, accessories etc) as later series?

Also I think I read somewhere that series 1 was a "limited release" and not available everywhere so they generally have a higher price than others?

I am thinking about this because I have about a dozen unopened series 1 figures (I haven't checked to see what figures they actually are) and I am considering selling them

You can check Bricklink for some rough value estimates: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogTree.asp?itemType=S

The first series are indeed more valuable, I believe, atleast the very first serie is.. I don't know anything about it being a special release, but maybe it was so popular that there are more of the other series around.

If you have a whole lot of closed packets of series 1, I'd hold on to them for a while :wink:

The only real difference between series 1 and series 7+ is the production capacity..... series 6 and onwards probably were made in much larger quantities than series 1, I am not sure about anything but its pure specualtion....

Check eBay for price comparisons. Generally selling figs at fixed price on eBay with EU shipping will get you the best price.

I’ve seen full series sets sell both well above the individual fig prices and significantly below. So it can be a bit of a lottery. Personally, I’d recommend series 1 as a full set and for the others, sell the high value figs individually and the rest as incomplete series set lots. But do consider transactions cost and postage in particular, selling as a set is likely to cost a lot less than posting each individually.

Hi fellow fans!

I have collected the CMF's, and I quit after four complete series. I luckily got some extra Zombies, Spartans, Elves and Hazmat's.

Now my question to you is, what would these complete series be worth? Not just the BL price, but the price people would actually pay.

And would it be wiser to sell them as a lot, or loose? I'm worried that I won't get rid of them all if I sell them loose :sceptic:

And finaly, would any of you be interested in those figures? :classic:

Thanks and have a good day!

Hey!

Don't suppose your still trying to get rid of these?

I have series 4 but I'd be interested in getting series 1 - 3 off you if you still have them

The only real difference between series 1 and series 7+ is the production capacity..... series 6 and onwards probably were made in much larger quantities than series 1, I am not sure about anything but its pure specualtion....

I agree on that. The series were just so popular, that from series 2 on, production went up.

Check eBay for price comparisons. Generally selling figs at fixed price on eBay with EU shipping will get you the best price.

I’ve seen full series sets sell both well above the individual fig prices and significantly below. So it can be a bit of a lottery. Personally, I’d recommend series 1 as a full set and for the others, sell the high value figs individually and the rest as incomplete series set lots. But do consider transactions cost and postage in particular, selling as a set is likely to cost a lot less than posting each individually.

Thanks for the advice! I might just do that.

Hey!

Don't suppose your still trying to get rid of these?

I have series 4 but I'd be interested in getting series 1 - 3 off you if you still have them

Hi! I still got all of these. I have had offers of around 200 euro, but the deal didn't go through because the buyer wasn't serious. (then why bid? :wacko: )

If you want to make an offer, feel free to do so.

I don`t actually try to sell them, but usually try and get my doubles traded away through Miniature Trading Online, a nifty free site (I discovered it a few years ago through it`s Trading Card game sister site)

I don`t have had to many issues with it so far on traders not sending or such so far, so I guess it`s a pretty reliable source of working with

Edited by Tomsche

Of course there is minifigure trading right here on EB... it surprises me how few takers there are given the popularity of CMFs and the number of EB users.

Of course, Commdr_neyo can offer the figures for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, too.

Edited by fred67

I don`t actually try to sell them, but usually try and get my doubles traded away through Miniature Trading Online, a nifty free site (I discovered it a few years ago through it`s Trading Card game sister site)

I don`t have had to many issues with it so far on traders not sending or such so far, so I guess it`s a pretty reliable source of working with

I'd look at the post that came after yours :wink:

To both of you, I'm not really looking to trade, unless it's for something really good, I think I'd rather sell them..

I agree on that. The series were just so popular, that from series 2 on, production went up.

Thanks for the advice! I might just do that.

Hi! I still got all of these. I have had offers of around 200 euro, but the deal didn't go through because the buyer wasn't serious. (then why bid? :wacko: )

If you want to make an offer, feel free to do so.

What would you be looking for for series 1-3?

Would you take 150?

I can't send you a PM cos I just registered

What would you be looking for for series 1-3?

Would you take 150?

I can't send you a PM cos I just registered

I'd like to know first if your offer is in dollars or euro's :wink:

If you just look around the forums some more, I'm sure you'll have 10 posts in no time!

I'd like to know first if your offer is in dollars or euro's :wink:

If you just look around the forums some more, I'm sure you'll have 10 posts in no time!

I'll have to get posting so!