Sign in to follow this  
kc2dc

New transit center for my lego city!

Well, I took parts and ideas from several sets and built a transit center. Now my lego city residents have one downtown station for access to monorail to the airport, red passenger local trains and horizon express commuter trains. You enter the station through one entry point and then proceed to either purchase tickets or directly to one of three separate platforms via a sky bridge. The station also has a city bus stop and bicycle parking. I though it turned out nice. The set 60050 train station released this year has some nice parts. What do you think?

09_01.jpg

09_02.jpg

09_03.jpg

09_04.jpg

09_05.jpg

09_06.jpg

09_07.jpg

09_08.jpg

09_09.jpg

Edited by kc2dc

Interesting project, kc2dc. It's not often we see a transit center/public transport hub on Eurobricks. With this transit center, the citizens and guests in your LEGO city easily can get around in town. A detail I like, is that you have made the same design on all three platforms, no matter which kind of train service it is regarding. It is giving a feeling of integration between the modes.

By the way, your city looks quite interesting. Hope to see more of it.

Neat fusion of both the 2010 and 2014 train stations.......though where has the Lego shop gone to ? :blush:

Brick On 'kc2dc' ! :grin:

Nice transportation hub. Do you have a YouTube channel? City seems familiar.

Looks like a nice layout. I feel however that the track supported above the water needs a little more support, as it is it seems that the sleepers are just hanging in the air. Looking at the storm damage tosome of our rail lines in the UK last winter that sort of thing will never hold up. Still it is easy to fix that with a few well placed plates. Otherwise it is a good use of station parts.

Great idea - the HE train lines for commuter trains over the water remind me of Centraal Station in Amsterdam!

Love your city - sure I've commented on it before on EB.

Amazing layout you have!

And I love this transit hub you have made, you must have had a bit of a headache getting all 3 tracks to come together in the particular way you wanted.... I get a headache just with one track :grin: It's really well done tho!!

Great work, I hope to see more, happy building :laugh:

Thanks for all the comments!

Neat fusion of both the 2010 and 2014 train stations.......though where has the Lego shop gone to ? :blush:

Brick On 'kc2dc' ! :grin:

The lego shop will show up later in another location for sure!

Nice transportation hub. Do you have a YouTube channel? City seems familiar.

Yea, we have some videos, my son just made a brand new overview video if you want to check it out:

Amazing layout you have!

And I love this transit hub you have made, you must have had a bit of a headache getting all 3 tracks to come together in the particular way you wanted.... I get a headache just with one track :grin: It's really well done tho!!

Great work, I hope to see more, happy building :laugh:

We have redesigned it many times!

Looks like a nice layout. I feel however that the track supported above the water needs a little more support, as it is it seems that the sleepers are just hanging in the air. Looking at the storm damage tosome of our rail lines in the UK last winter that sort of thing will never hold up. Still it is easy to fix that with a few well placed plates. Otherwise it is a good use of station parts.

haha, well, our lego city has yet to have a natural disaster, but maybe that would liven things up

Edited by kc2dc