WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71007 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12  

239 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 12?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Are you happy with the return of the original LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series?

4. 4. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 12?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

Thanks for another great review, Fangy! One question: Does the Spooky Girl glow in the dark? That would be neat.

This series is not bad, although nothing really stands out for me, except the Piggy Guy. Gotta love that adorable head. :grin:

Also, is there ever going to be another CMFs contest again? I miss them as they were always a lot of fun.

Where are you? How did you find these a month early?

There is a little hint in the info of the video

Thanks for the great review, as always, WhiteFang! :wink:

I love the majority of these guys. :wub_drool: I'll definitely be picking most of them up. That guitar reminds me of Eddie Van Halen's.

So, do these launch October or November 1st in Canada?

Edited by ManInATopHat

Thanks for the great review, as always, WhiteFang! :wink:

I love the majority of these guys. :wub_drool: I'll definitely be picking most of them up.

So, do these launch October or November 1st in Canada?

I got my 8 packs in Canada. Stores are starting to get their shipments in, so it'll be October 1st at the latest, if not sooner. Just depends if stores decide to start selling early.

Where are you? How did you find these a month early?

I found a store that just received their shipment and was willing to sell me a few packs.

I could have sworn the two toned arms were revealed to be molded pieces back when the Simpsons figures came out, but this review insists on calling them "printed". Have I been wrong all along?

Arm printing - side leg printing...where is this stuff in every other theme?! How can it be 'cost effective' to do this level of printing in the CMF series but not even with UCS sets?! Time for lego to raise their game, we're not handing over magic beans for £100+ sets ya know...

The space miner is easily my most anticipated figure to add to my growing neo classic space collection. I'm generally not a fan of figures with names printed on them because it makes army building problematic. In this case, I can think of LICHO as a company name, either the mining firm or the suit manufacturer, so I might buy multiple.

Thank you WhiteFang for the exceptional review yet again! I think this will be the first wave where I (intentionally) don't pick up all the figs. For the price, I just don't feel this wave is worth it to buy them all. Spooky girl, Athena/Warrior goddess, Pig suit, genie, wizard and princess are the only must-haves for me.

The package colours make it seem like there's a new cycle starting with this new 12th series. The Doctor from Doctor Who has started a new regeneration cycle after 12 incarnations. 12 is '1' and '2', and 1+2=3.

Half Life 3 Confirmed.

Illuminati.

Haha, sorry Whitefang, couldn't resist. Anyway, phenomenal review as always, thanks again! I can now decide on the figures I want, and I now have to add the Dinotracker and genie. I thought the hairpiece was a bun, but they actually are completely different and look super awesome! Thanks for the photos! I would have completely missed out otherwise!

Edited by Jared

Great review once again WF, thank you.

Now seeing the figs more closely, I like almost all of them. The 11th series was great (skipping Movie and Simpsons, as their own) but this 12th is so much better.

But I can see why someone don´t like these series, there are many historic figs and I like historic figs.

And this series as some awesome and useful accessories to go with. I am looking forward to this series. :sweet:

It looks like I'm the only one here who doesn't like this series. To be honest, the only things I like here are the new card and pizza tiles. I probably won't buy any of these.

You probably are, I could see your point but I don´t :wink:

Thanks for another awesome review, WhiteFang! This is one of my favorite CMF series. If the fantasy/swashbuckling characters are part of what's in store for the upcoming Pirate and Castle themes... Wow, oh, wow! The Nintendo colours in the videogame pad is one of the nicest touches TLG has ever delivered. There are so many great details about this series that I'm completely overwhelmed!

Looks like a great series to add to my complete collection minus 1: Mr. gold.

Personally I don't have the patience to feel me way through countless packets to get each series complete. I just team up with a couple of other LEGO enhusiasts (sometimes mothers buying tem for their KIDS ahum) to buy a box of 60 with hardly a difference in cost.

How do most AFOLs acquire their CMF collection? The easy way or the hard way? Perhaps an idea for a poll....

Arm printing - side leg printing...where is this stuff in every other theme?! How can it be 'cost effective' to do this level of printing in the CMF series but not even with UCS sets?! Time for lego to raise their game, we're not handing over magic beans for £100+ sets ya know...

I speculate that TLG sees the CMFs as promotional sets to attract new customers amd promote the brand in general at various locations where boxes sets are hardly sold (e.g. Petrol stations). For example, the little bags make great gifts to handout at kids birthday parties. Like any marketing tool, it is a cost that only needs to be recovered. No goal to make a profit just break-even. I think Playmobil does the same with their mini dolls they promote in a similar fashion.

On our big AFOL sets they do need to make a profit and probably there is less volume so margin is even more important. And then I guess stickers are cheaper than printed pieces. So an easy way to keep margins healthy. And TLG must be and should driven by profit and not a social goal to please us AFOLs beyond what is commercialy healthy. I mesn, we would hate to see them cease production of AFOL sets and only target kids again. Of course there is the other POV: AFOLs also get their own kids into LEGO. So a balance must be found as usual and apparently TLG is succeeding in that regard quite well given their financial performance.

But i think I m going way off-topic here...

Hello Community, hello WhiteFang!

What to say? Simply: AWESOME!

A wonderfull review and a lovely little movie with music from the land I came from ...

THANKS!

:classic: LegoSharky

Edited by LegoSharky

Is it just me or is the Prospector the "Do you think Zeppelins are a bad investment?" Guy from TLM?

Unfortunately he is not, the one you refer to was much better looking, IMO.

Thanks for the pics and review! Love this wave, there's no figures I'm outright dreading getting if I pull a few random packs. Favorite is the Space Miner and Spooky Girl. Love more Space factions and the Spooky Girl is just a very nice minifig.

Swashbuckler's going to star in my 2015 Pirates purchases, I can feel it.

Thanks for the exceptional review, WhiteFang!

All of the minifigures are so charming! In the future, I hope we see the Hun cape in dark gray (for a DC Super Heroes Phantasm minifigure). I'm very happy to see the Battle Goddess, and that TLG is continuing to expand their range of Greek Mythology minifigures!

Edited by phanstasm

Great new line of figures. If you ask me from the distinct facial, functional and hair style of the Dino tracker just seems to me a way of Lego trying to make a Katniss everdeen style Lego figure without getting the license. :grin::wink: Amusing move lego...

Brilliant! I have been waiting for this review for a long time :classic:

Cheers for all the effort that has been put into this.

Great new line of figures. If you ask me from the distinct facial, functional and hair style of the Dino tracker just seems to me a way of Lego trying to make a Katniss everdeen style Lego figure without getting the license. :grin::wink: Amusing move lego...

I was thinking more 'Lara Croft', actually.

Great review White Fang, your reviews are always much anticipated! :thumbup: Great to see the CMF's return to form too after the yawnfest that was the Simpson's detour. I'll certainly be looking out for when these arrive in our stores. :classic:

Thanks for the review! I definitely need to get the wizard, Hun and Greek goddess. My only wish is that the Hun's helmet looked better without horns!